KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gig , Lancy, Nag , VT. , Gum , Tally My tips first round
First round the Leggers play Lancas and the vistors are favourites. But the "MOR" Match Of the Round is VT against Murch. This result could be a watershed for the season .. one way or the other.
To all KD sides in our two sports (footy and netball). Best wishes for another great season of fun!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::thumbsu:
p.s. and more blogging on big footy!! I'm not dead yet.. the old buzzard ,.. John Carrot;)

What's everyone's tips for first round, are ardy still in the comp?

Stanhope by 28 Points - Expecting a few surprises from Patten's men, closer than most will expect.
Lancaster by 80+ - Haven't heard to much from Longwood, and would assume Lanky to come out firing.
Nagambie by 34 - Lots of new names on the Lakers list will be an interesting clash.
VT by 20 points - Possibly the match of the round, Will be interesting to see how all of VT's & Murchs new boys go.
Rushworth by 60 Points - Too strong, should do it easily
Tally by 120+ - Baptism of fire for Youngy's boys if they happen to get onto the park, will be a very long season for the bushcats.

you can bag Ardmona you can bag me out cos it amuses me how small minded most ppl on here but i have changed an i will not prove it to anyone i will show you all......

My quote was a joke to lighten things up sorry must be my small mind at work

JT is talking about leopards not changing their spots .. or is that the movie 101 Dalmations?? Duzznmadda Chiko. You are back .. you sound repentent and ready to play fair tough footy. This old Buzzard wishes you the best for the season. Stay cool Cobber .. don't get antagonised!! Cheers John Carrot:thumbsu:
Cheers John i done the crime served my time it been nearly 3 yrs away from footy i am keen to get back into it an redeem myself i am rehabilitated an want to get out and play footy:)

At least we're not talking about Violet Town anymore :D, but in all seriousness the para-phrase the words of Mark Twain "Reports of the death of the Ardmona Football-Netball Club are greatly exaggerated", Ardy have gone through similar problems in the past and have recovered, because the BUSHCATS seem to have 9 lives (even though they're down to thier last few;)) and "...this too shall pass".

How are the numbers going for the rest of the KDFL ?, Ours are going great (although we like a lot of other clubs would like a few more Under 18's, as the kids we do have are pretty good), as well as Ardmona, i've heard there are a few others that might be a bit light on the ground.

Anyway, I hope that the season starts off well and that we have all 13 teams playing a big part of it !.

Here's my revised prediction for how I think the KDFL Ladder will look in 2012.

1. VIOLET TOWN
2. LANCASTER
3. MURCHISON
4. UNDERA
5. RUSHWORTH
6. nagamnbie
7. stanhope
8. tallygaroopna
9. girgarre
10. merrigum
11. avenel
12. longwood
13. ardmona

I know that anyone from numbers 3-7 are pretty inter-changeable (there's really only a bad run of injuries or form that can seperate them because it's pretty even), but for some wierd reason I'm feeling like Murchison can get a double chance, and from then on who knows ?.

Also, keep an eye on PRIME TV during the footy broadcasts this weekend, this is a good move by the KDFL to buy advertising space before every round (like the GVFL or MFL), promoting our league, and I hope that the increased exposure can get us a couple of game on ONEFM as well !.

MY TIPS FOR ROUND 1
girgarre vs. STANHOPE (21 points), As good as Girgarre's recruiting and numbers on the training track have been, I don't think that it will bear fruit until later on in the season, but Gig will improve 1000 % under Mark Patten, and it's good signs for 2012 for the Kangaroos.

LANCASTER vs. longwood (100+points) Haven't heard much about the 'Legs in 2012, but the Wombats are always strong contenders so I would have to favour them in a easy game first up.

merrigum vs. RUSHWORTH (49 points) Rushy, even without "Jungle" Martin should have too much strength for the 'Dogs, but just like Girgarre, they will have a much better 2012, and won't be a side to take lightly.

nagambie vs. UNDERA (9 points) An even contest, seeing a side on the improve against a side that hasn't gained or lost too many players, but in what could be a solid candidate for "Match of the Round", I would have to favour the Lions in a high scoring match.

TALLYGAROOPNA vs. ardmona (100+points) Ardmona will get a side up for this match, no doubt about it, but I don't think it will be one that will give the bushcats much chance to get out of the cellar, Tally to win easily.

VIOLET TOWN vs. murchison (19 points) If there was a time to play Violet Town, this would be it, because having so many new players and with a good % of the squad training in Melbourne, it will take a few rounds for all the cards to fall into place, but even with so many ex DVFL/NFL players in their side, I don't think it will take long before they show the league that it was money well spent.

Murchison also have had a number of ins, (the main ones for me would have to be combination of Durward & Milne), but thier last two practice games showed me that this is a side that could feature deep into september.

Even though Murch may have the more cohesive unit right now, I think that with the class of players that Violet Town have recruited, and on thier smaller oval (which would suit the DVFL boys), it should see a win to the Towners in what should be one of the most telling games of 2012.

Avenel have the bye, so good luck to all in 2012 :)

1. VIOLET TOWN
2. LANCASTER
3. MURCHISON
4. UNDERA
5. RUSHWORTH
6. nagamnbie
7. stanhope
8. tallygaroopna
9. girgarre
10. merrigum
11. avenel
12. longwood
13. ardmona

I know that anyone from numbers 3-7 are pretty inter-changeable (there's really only a bad run of injuries or form that can seperate them because it's pretty even), but for some wierd reason I'm feeling like Murchison can get a double chance, and from then on who knows ?.

Also, keep an eye on PRIME TV during the footy broadcasts this weekend, this is a good move by the KDFL to buy advertising space before every round (like the GVFL or MFL), promoting our league, and I hope that the increased exposure can get us a couple of game on ONEFM as well !.

MY TIPS FOR ROUND 1
girgarre vs. STANHOPE (21 points), As good as Girgarre's recruiting and numbers on the training track have been, I don't think that it will bear fruit until later on in the season, but Gig will improve 1000 % under Mark Patten, and it's good signs for 2012 for the Kangaroos.

LANCASTER vs. longwood (100+points) Haven't heard much about the 'Legs in 2012, but the Wombats are always strong contenders so I would have to favour them in a easy game first up.

merrigum vs. RUSHWORTH (49 points) Rushy, even without "Jungle" Martin should have too much strength for the 'Dogs, but just like Girgarre, they will have a much better 2012, and won't be a side to take lightly.

nagambie vs. UNDERA (9 points) An even contest, seeing a side on the improve against a side that hasn't gained or lost too many players, but in what could be a solid candidate for "Match of the Round", I would have to favour the Lions in a high scoring match.

TALLYGAROOPNA vs. ardmona (100+points) Ardmona will get a side up for this match, no doubt about it, but I don't think it will be one that will give the bushcats much chance to get out of the cellar, Tally to win easily.

VIOLET TOWN vs. murchison (19 points) If there was a time to play Violet Town, this would be it, because having so many new players and with a good % of the squad training in Melbourne, it will take a few rounds for all the cards to fall into place, but even with so many ex DVFL/NFL players in their side, I don't think it will take long before they show the league that it was money well spent.

Murchison also have had a number of ins, (the main ones for me would have to be combination of Durward & Milne), but thier last two practice games showed me that this is a side that could feature deep into september.

Even though Murch may have the more cohesive unit right now, I think that with the class of players that Violet Town have recruited, and on thier smaller oval (which would suit the DVFL boys), it should see a win to the Towners in what should be one of the most telling games of 2012.

Are you a little bit excited Joey?

I believe this game is being broadcast by Onefm.

For what it's worth I don't think Vt have been talking ourselves up, just seems to be others perception of our recruiting.

And our recruiting apart from our thirds coach and assistants working tirelessly to build up numbers and have a competitive side, is only players to replace the ones we have lost from last year.

At least we're not talking about Violet Town anymore :D, but in all seriousness the para-phrase the words of Mark Twain "Reports of the death of the Ardmona Football-Netball Club are greatly exaggerated", Ardy have gone through similar problems in the past and have recovered, because the BUSHCATS seem to have 9 lives (even though they're down to thier last few;)) and "...this too shall pass".

How are the numbers going for the rest of the KDFL ?, Ours are going great (although we like a lot of other clubs would like a few more Under 18's, as the kids we do have are pretty good), as well as Ardmona, i've heard there are a few others that might be a bit light on the ground.

Anyway, I hope that the season starts off well and that we have all 13 teams playing a big part of it !.

Not sure how most sides are looking for Under 18s this year, In our Junior comp we only had 3 KDL sides play (Stanhope, Lancaster & Rushworth). Stanhope has fairly solid numbers this season with around 26-28 players. A fair few of those have come through the Under 14 Stanhope-Girgarre combine side.

And our recruiting apart from our thirds coach and assistants working tirelessly to build up numbers and have a competitive side, is only players to replace the ones we have lost from last year.[/quote]

You are not serious are you??? Come on wake up pal:rolleyes:

And our recruiting apart from our thirds coach and assistants working tirelessly to build up numbers and have a competitive side, is only players to replace the ones we have lost from last year.

You are not serious are you??? Come on wake up pal:rolleyes:[/quote]Yep have to agree s/star, should have recruited better to replace the big out from last year, don't know what the sparra was thinking...

1. VIOLET TOWN
2. LANCASTER
3. MURCHISON
4. UNDERA
5. RUSHWORTH
6. nagamnbie
7. stanhope
8. tallygaroopna
9. girgarre
10. merrigum
11. avenel
12. longwood
13. ardmona

MY TIPS FOR ROUND 1

Not a bad call Joey. You guys have the first up against the VTrain. And did someone say it’s being broadcast on “The Pulse” ..One FM? :confused:
If so that complies with my argument that if you get your game under the criteria that ..broadcasted .. and 1000s plus attending supporters. Then yes .. pay the players the money they demand. All know that VT have been building the money over the years. It’s ironical that Tony Mokbel hid at Bonnie Doon about the same time that the Bulldogs became a big dollar player in the last years of the Benalla Footy League!! Time to forget about the money boyos .. move from being yobos and keep the District footy dream alive. Cheers John Carrot:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunna check out the VT/Murch game this weekend, who are the top 5/6 players to watch out for from each team?

Anyone know if Ardmona are able to field all 3 sides come round 1?, looking at the clearances they may struggle with 24 depatures and only 4 ins.

let just say i am not holding my breath but maybe in the next 2 weeks or so i am going to V.C.F.L headquarters at Visy Park tomorrow morning
Whats the go with the big joey D leaving the bushcats for the Wombats cave. I thought he was a pussy through and through.

Very impressed with the side Rushy has named for tomorrow nights match against the gum, with Wicks, Harrop and Damon named on the bench and Douthie, Lloyd and Lambden still to come back in, Rushy will still be a threat to the top sides.

Heard Shane Mitchell has signed at VT and Marcus Dean has left/isn't playing.

Apologies for bringing them up again.

Good luck with the re-registration Keegs, will be interested to hear what the process is and how it unfolds.

Very impressed with the side Rushy has named for tomorrow nights match against the gum, with Wicks, Harrop and Damon named on the bench and Douthie, Lloyd and Lambden still to come back in, Rushy will still be a threat to the top sides.

Heard Shane Mitchell has signed at VT and Marcus Dean has left/isn't playing.

Apologies for bringing them up again.

Good luck with the re-registration Keegs, will be interested to hear what the process is and how it unfolds.

Yes Tav - Mitch is living and working up this way and is a good mate of Russ Lee's.

Marcus Dean done a knee water skiing I think, but have picked up a couple of big fellas in Billy Dixon from down south and John Goodson from around this area. Have to wait and see how they go.

top five this year will be very interesting

Hopefully the games are closer than I'm predicting, it's a bit hard to know what to expect with all the movement this off-season:

Girgarre vs STANHOPE - Hoping for a good contest, I hope the Roo boys can make a good fist of it. Stanhope by 40 points.
Longwood vs LANCASTER - Likely to be well over 20 goals.
NAGAMBIE vs Undera - 25 points. Should be a good, honest contest.
VIOLET TOWN vs Murchison - 27 points. Violet Town just have more across the board.
Merrigum vs RUSHWORTH - 55 points. Like Gig, I'm looking forward to seeing how much the Dogs have improved.
TALLYGAROOPNA vs Ardmona - Another 20 goal hiding.

Hopefully the games are closer than I'm predicting, it's a bit hard to know what to expect with all the movement this off-season:

Girgarre vs STANHOPE - Hoping for a good contest, I hope the Roo boys can make a good fist of it. Stanhope by 40 points.
Longwood vs LANCASTER - Likely to be well over 20 goals.
NAGAMBIE vs Undera - 25 points. Should be a good, honest contest.
VIOLET TOWN vs Murchison - 27 points. Violet Town just have more across the board.
Merrigum vs RUSHWORTH - 55 points. Like Gig, I'm looking forward to seeing how much the Dogs have improved.
TALLYGAROOPNA vs Ardmona - Another 20 goal hiding.

Girgarre Vs Stanhope - i'm with you Blackout, interested to see how much Gig have improved this year, but Stanhope by 29 points for me.

Longwood v Lancaster - Lancaster by 277 points, Unfortunatly i think the Redlegs will be lucky to get a score on the board, unless Captain Tommy Stevens can produce something special.

Nagambie V Undera - Undera by around 5 goals, both have added to their list over the summer and will be good to see 2, potential top 5 sides go at it.

VT Vs Murchison - Match of the round, should be a cracker, VT by 4 goals

Merrigum Vs Rushworth - Another interesting game, will be a good test for Merrigum first up to see where they are at but Rushy by 50 points for me.

Tally vs Ardmona - Tally by 90 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back