KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the main question is, will Lancaster match Violet Town of 2012 for obscene amounts of money spent on footballers? I think they will!

Hey KF, I don't know if they will match the $$$$ of VT in 2012 only for the fact that basically all the Melbourne guys (except Lee) are recruited to play 12 games plus finals so they're guna save roughly about 30 games in match payments.... But otherwise I would've said they'd go close.... My worry for them would be the following year when they all leave! No $$ & No players....

From seymour area and have followed the avenal and nagambie teams farely closely in previous years does any team in the league have the firepower down back to stop the lakers forwardline? Rattray, connors, HTL, stevens, haysom, throw in misiti plenty of talent right there

I went and watched Lanky saturday. They looked pretty good with alot of depth through onball brigade, Young kid Zac i think his name looked good down back for the bats. Rutherford looked pretty underdone, big body and moves well, he is certainly 196cm. Will be pretty strong throughout the year. Unsure who the hard running ruckman are in the league that go forward and kick goals and dominate games lol? Id say stanhopes ruckman last year was one of the best and he was about 190cm and 130kg.
Hang on I will see if u are rite.. Will get back to u later and see if that weight and height are close.. :)

From seymour area and have followed the avenal and nagambie teams farely closely in previous years does any team in the league have the firepower down back to stop the lakers forwardline? Rattray, connors, HTL, stevens, haysom, throw in misiti plenty of talent right there

That is if the "rumours" aren't true about Rattray & Stevens.... If they don't play it will leave gaping hole in their forward line! (Personally I think they will, I think there might be some people throwing out some dead ends to stir the pot)....

Hey KF, I don't know if they will match the $$$$ of VT in 2012 only for the fact that basically all the Melbourne guys (except Lee) are recruited to play 12 games plus finals so they're guna save roughly about 30 games in match payments.... But otherwise I would've said they'd go close.... My worry for them would be the following year when they all leave! No $$ & No players....

Interesting idea the 12 game deal, will be interesting to see which players miss which games. Will enable them to save some cash to spend on mid season recruits - I reckon they'll win the flag coz if they don't have the team to win it on 10 June they'll bring in the extra players required to get them over the line.

I went and watched Lanky saturday. They looked pretty good with alot of depth through onball brigade, Young kid Zac i think his name looked good down back for the bats. Rutherford looked pretty underdone, big body and moves well, he is certainly 196cm. Will be pretty strong throughout the year. Unsure who the hard running ruckman are in the league that go forward and kick goals and dominate games lol? Id say stanhopes ruckman last year was one of the best and he was about 190cm and 130kg.
Did the architect get on the park beamdog?

That is if the "rumours" aren't true about Rattray & Stevens.... If they don't play it will leave gaping hole in their forward line! (Personally I think they will, I think there might be some people throwing out some dead ends to stir the pot)....
Your spot on smooth.. Boys are stirring the pot.. :)

Wagstaff 190cm and comes in at 119kg

Smooth where do you get your info from regarding the 12 game for all the melb players??
I don't think they need to worry about next year, I think lanky have only missed finals once or twice in the past 10 years

Smooth where do you get your info from regarding the 12 game for all the melb players??
I don't think they need to worry about next year, I think lanky have only missed finals once or twice in the past 10 years
Just from what I've been told by people I still talk to from the club (definitely people in the know).... Doesn't really come as a surprise, meaning why are they guna need to spend around $5000 a week (give or take) on all the Melbourne boys when they are playing a bottom 3 or 4 side? They'd still most likely have a comfortable win without them & save money! I knew from when I was appointed co-coach that they were concerned about their money situation getting all these players so I'm guessing this was their clause to get them & save the money they need....

Feel a bit sorry for the Wombats now, seems like they have recruited the worst ruckman on the face of the Earth. Listed as 196cm so you can wipe a few cm off that and if he's 118kg - well he'd better start a weight loss program coz he won't be able to match it will all the hard running, high leaping, highly skilled rucks that we have in the league. Interesting to see he was contracted to Hoppers - surely if you have a contract with a club you should see it out - Lancaster must have offered a lot to force this breakage. So the main question is, will Lancaster match Violet Town of 2012 for obscene amounts of money spent on footballers? I think they will!
Great work kyflyer what a year 2012 was for the towners.. if you were to have a guess what do u think we spent? I reckon lanky could field about 12 of there players max with that budget... seems by winning a flag your price goes up x5.. just ask arky and russ wanna see the new houses these 2 have ...

Hey Krisflyer, obviously I can't give you an exact amount but I've been told VT spent between $105,000-115,00 winning the 2012 Premiership. From what I've been hearing from very reliable sources is that Lanky & The Gum are spending well above that........ well above, particularly the Wombats.
VT just got their timing right and got the desired result.

Unfortunately there will be some disappointed clubs at seasons end.....Boom or Bust!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Melb players are only playing 12 games what do they do for the other 6 or so games. This is a bit of money for players to go without over the course of the year.
I understand the reason the club is doing this as think it's a smart idea, but wouldn't expect players to agree to this..

Just from what I've been told by people I still talk to from the club (definitely people in the know).... Doesn't really come as a surprise, meaning why are they guna need to spend around $5000 a week (give or take) on all the Melbourne boys when they are playing a bottom 3 or 4 side? They'd still most likely have a comfortable win without them & save money! I knew from when I was appointed co-coach that they were concerned about their money situation getting all these players so I'm guessing this was their clause to get them & save the money they need....
WhIle you were co coach smooth what players were you trying to get to play at lanky?? Any of the players they have got for this season?

Wagstaff 190cm and comes in at 119kg

Well i was pretty close and he is much shorter than Rutherford

Hey Krisflyer, obviously I can't give you an exact amount but I've been told VT spent between $105,000-115,00 winning the 2012 Premiership. From what I've been hearing from very reliable sources is that Lanky & The Gum are spending well above that........ well above, particularly the Wombats.

Unfortunately there will be some disappointed clubs at seasons end.....Boom or Bust!

I have heard Lanky was given a budget of around 85-100. They are staying within that from all reports. Arky could probably give us an insider opinion?

If the Melb players are only playing 12 games what do they do for the other 6 or so games. This is a bit of money for players to go without over the course of the year.
I understand the reason the club is doing this as think it's a smart idea, but wouldn't expect players to agree to this..

Have heard 2 players from melb playing 12. 3-4 playing 15. All based around injuries and the budget

Just to keep you in the loop, the ball moves half as quick in the KDFL compared to O and M. If you get lost on KDFL field you have an issue
Thanks for the heads up Dogs but I have a pretty good handle on the varying standards of country/metro leagues. My comment more about Rutherford - almost big enough to have his own postcode but struggled to bruise a grape whilst with the Maggies.

Well i was pretty close and he is much shorter than Rutherford

I have heard Lanky was given a budget of around 85-100. They are staying within that from all reports. Arky could probably give us an insider opinion?
They will spend that buy rd 14

Have heard 2 players from melb playing 12. 3-4 playing 15. All based around injuries and the budget

Perhaps said "very reliable source" is terrible at math, that's the only way I can explain that figure!
Gum spent in the vicinity of 70 last year. Fact. So did nagambie.
Jayco is right, it's not the budget. You need players willing to take it.
It's not "all about the money".. As most claim. Linc would have been far better off financially at Stanhope!

WhIle you were co coach smooth what players were you trying to get to play at lanky?? Any of the players they have got for this season?
No, why would the guys that I had spoken with that had committed to coming there on the back of me being appointed co-coach stay? As soon as they had heard what happen I spoke with each of them & told them I wouldn't be staying even tho Lanky had asked me too! So the answer to that is No, none of the guys ended up going there....

Last edited:
Exactly Turbo, that's why I predict they may only be there for this season only....

Y
Perhaps said "very reliable source" is terrible at math, that's the only way I can explain that figure!
Gum spent in the vicinity of 70 last year. Fact. So did nagambie.
Jayco is right, it's not the budget. You need players willing to take it.
It's not "all about the money".. As most claim. Linc would have been far better off financially at Stanhope!
You are a very in the know person to have figures from Nagambie, Merrigum,VT, Stanhope and 'Linc' or maybe you have been listening to more than one 'very reliable source'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back