Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

A better crack at AFL glory, that's what.
That is correct.We were the King of the heap year after year in the b grade SANFL. We needed to be in the playing in the"A" grade comp...not the magoos. I take it old mat Corby would like it to go back to pre 1997?

Oh here we go, bloody Cornes having a say now
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...es-graham-cornes/story-fnelctok-1227162054798
Port Adelaide starts its propaganda line to win war against SANFL, writes Graham Cornes
Take this “war” between South Australia’s two AFL clubs and the SANFL over the unexpected riches of Adelaide Oval. Each party has a different interpretation of who should get what. Propaganda is extremely important in any conflict because the weight of public opinion is powerful — powerful enough to topple governments. But can it sway the resolve of the SANFL, who appears to be fighting a battle on three fronts, to get the best for the whole of football in this state?
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...es-graham-cornes/story-fnelctok-1227162054798
upload_2014-12-19_20-28-32.png

Last edited:

You are completely missing the bigger picture. The whole reason why we found ourselves in such a miserable mess is because nobody in SA football was looking at that bigger picture - people were more worried about protecting local clubs, vested interests, personal and historic agendas, etc. Haysman saw it for what it was and KT has driven the club (and by extension, SA football as a whole) to realise that vision.

So am I accurate or not ? A yes or no answer is all that is required, thanks.

“THE first casualty of war is truth.” LOL Cornesy must have seen it twitch because he just put his well-practiced size 12s into it. :D

I remember as a 8 year old back in the late 80's asking my old man why would we want to leave the sanfl , his answer because we are big thinkers and you have to think big. I have been so lucky to fellow this great club on the journey and although we have had a few tough years I'm sure we are in for some more happy days.

Oh here we go, bloody Cornes having a say now
Port Adelaide starts its propaganda line to win war against SANFL, writes Graham Cornes
Take this “war” between South Australia’s two AFL clubs and the SANFL over the unexpected riches of Adelaide Oval. Each party has a different interpretation of who should get what. Propaganda is extremely important in any conflict because the weight of public opinion is powerful — powerful enough to topple governments. But can it sway the resolve of the SANFL, who appears to be fighting a battle on three fronts, to get the best for the whole of football in this state?
More ...
View attachment 98997
Nasty Graham, nasty. Stuff the SANFL! Any respect or interest I had for them in the past is now totally eroded.

The bloke is a fair dinkum self important w***er.

He's from another century. He has no relevance to the modern football world. Notice how Fagan is keeping very quiet and letting KT take the brunt. SANFL blaming Port for all their woes.
Waiting for his article detailing 50 reasons why the SANFL should employ his mate Dank.

'Despite KT’s gospel to his true believers, Port has taken far more from the SANFL than it has given.'

KT: *long, long article detailing exactly why and providing exact figures proving that Port Adelaide have given more to the SANFL than they've taken from it*
Wrinkles: no they havent lol pwned xD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Despite KT’s gospel to his true believers, Port has taken far more from the SANFL than it has given.'

KT: *long, long article detailing exactly why and providing exact figures proving that Port Adelaide have given more to the SANFL than they've taken from it*
Wrinkles: no they havent lol pwned xD

I love how Keef has gone from 300-game Jack Oatey Medal-winning administrative genius & solution to the SANFL's woes to delusional Port Power ******** in the space of barely 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a miraculously quick turn around of opinion.
Nah, you must have forgot how not too long ago there was talk of having him removed.

That was Weber's plan, yes, although nothing was mentioned about zones and juniors and so you would assume that at the time Weber and the club would have still hung on to those as part of the bigger picture (besides the VFL clubs still had all those structures when the crows had joined). However, with continued success in the sanfl I'm sure the sanfl leeches would have eventually eroded that away from us anyway.

1991 was the last year of the U/19s and the reserves last year was 1999 as 2000 everyone on an AFL list was a full time footballer.

If we got into the AFL the Sanfl would have kicked us out in 1991. The Sanfl clubs wantes to do it straight after we won the 2nd licence in December 1994 but Max and co. said no as they knew it would be a disaster. In 1990 they werent as generous.

So would have lost our zones and our juniors would have played in the Saafl. No way would we pay for our U/19s to fly to Melbourne e ery second week and the AFL would have forced us to pay travel and accomodation costs of the visiting team.

So Port in the AFL in 1991 would have been been less involvement in the Sanfl that in 2015.

I love self-important, outspoken hypocrites like Wrinkles speaking up like this. Galvanises the Port fanbase (and impartial observers/media) and the schadenfreude I've been getting as their increasingly irrelevant world comes tumbling down has been worth its weight in gold these last 2 years (and many more to come).

Keep em coming you old ballbag :thumbsu:

Graham Cornes = pathetic
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back