Opinion Ken Hinkley Envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Please, can somebody work out Fremantle:mad:

Not much to work out... Freo has the best midfield, the best player, the best ruckman, the best small forward duo and IMO the best coach in the league.

If they can't win it all this year, they never will.

Not much to work out... Freo has the best midfield, the best player, the best ruckman, the best small forward duo and IMO the best coach in the league.

He's got them scoring now without sacrificing too much defensively. Also, I think he's implementing, or at least attempting to implement a burst start so they can take the foot off the gas later in (some) games. Traditional football thinking suggests that this is not the way to go but Freo appear to have eased off in some games.

Either that or these ARE human.

not to mention the improvement they now have from Zac Clarke & Michael Taberner. Those two big men are providing wonderful backup to Sandilands and Pavlich. Mayne and Walters are two others who haven't even been playing well this year and both look to be finding their best form again.

Ross Lyon hate >Hawthorn>Sydney ................. Call me petty, I suppose
How come you hate Ross Lyon so much haha? I like Fremantle (except when they're up against us), but there's nothing better than beating them, except for beating Hawthorn!

How come you hate Ross Lyon so much haha? I like Fremantle (except when they're up against us), but there's nothing better than beating them, except for beating Hawthorn!
Because he almost single handedly is ruining football, his super negative defensive boring football is a blight on the game.

Thank christ he appears to have realised if you only score 80 points it's hard to win big games and has them playing more attacking footy!

Tall key position players their weakness. You have to try and expose them one-on-one in the forward line with key talls. Easier said than done.

Because he almost single handedly is ruining football, his super negative defensive boring football is a blight on the game.

Thank christ he appears to have realised if you only score 80 points it's hard to win big games and has them playing more attacking footy!
At least he is evolving and prepared to change his ways. I would enjoy a Freo flag this year.

As long as it's not us. But I just find it funny the epic struggle teams have when they play Freo. The strangle hold is strong and intense. Their brand of footy now is much better than it was in 2012-2013, they are scoring more like you say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he is evolving and prepared to change his ways. I would enjoy a Freo flag this year.
I would accept it, through gritted teeth, as the price to be paid for avoiding a Hawthorn three-peat.

Is Chris Scott really that much different though?
I cannot stand the slow build up footy we play these days. It's taxing as it seems bloody useless all the triple possessions to only get the ball advanced 15 metres up the field.
Just imagine what Ross Lyon could do with all our forwards, I mean we have an embarrassment of riches. Currently boast three genuine key forwards (four if you wish to include Stanley), the likes of Motlop, Johnson, Kersten, Murdoch, Smedts and yet, we are completely one dimensional and appear to be lacking any fire power whatsoever.

Ross would kill to have such forward depth. He's only ever had Pavlich and then a host of interchangeable mid/forwards at his disposal.

I would accept it, through gritted teeth, as the price to be paid for avoiding a Hawthorn three-peat.
Completely agree! Would rather Fremantle (or some other side) than Hawthorn. That would make their "era" simply better than our run we had. Even though we broke more records than any other team had created throughout our period of dominance. But it's the premierships that really matter in the end, according to nearly every AFL fan

Is Chris Scott really that much different though?
I cannot stand the slow build up footy we play these days. It's taxing as it seems bloody useless all the triple possessions to only get the ball advanced 15 metres up the field.
Just imagine what Ross Lyon could do with all our forwards, I mean we have an embarrassment of riches. Currently boast three genuine key forwards (four if you wish to include Stanley), the likes of Motlop, Johnson, Kersten, Murdoch, Smedts and yet, we are completely one dimensional and appear to be lacking any fire power whatsoever.

Ross would kill to have such forward depth. He's only ever had Pavlich and then a host of interchangeable mid/forwards at his disposal.
Riewoldt, Kosi before he was a spud, Milne, Schneider with Mongtagna/Dal santo and co going forward as well back in 09 was a pretty good forward line

And they played the same low scoring s**t Freo have been.

And if Ross coached us he would do the same thing to us

And if Ross coached us he would do the same thing to us

Well, you have to at least give him credit for pretty much owning Scott and Geelong when he went to Fremantle. I have always believed he is a masterful coach that sees the game like very few in the coaching business at the moment. The teams he has taken to grand finals, to be pipped by some of the finest teams of this era (Geelong, Hawthorn), he just knows how to coach full stop.

If he had our list to play around with, I think we may be seeing a completely different beast to the one we are witnessing under this current administration.

Well, you have to at least give him credit for pretty much owning Scott and Geelong when he went to Fremantle. I have always believed he is a masterful coach that sees the game like very few in the coaching business at the moment. The teams he has taken to grand finals, to be pipped by some of the finest teams of this era (Geelong, Hawthorn), he just knows how to coach full stop.

If he had our list to play around with, I think we may be seeing a completely different beast to the one we are witnessing under this current administration.

He is a masterful coach and I do give him credit

But do I like the way his teams play. ..no I do not

And I don't think it would matter who he coached they would play the same way, it's the model/style that he believes in and backs in.

Well I hate Hawthorn and Sydney more than anything. One of my first games I watched was Sydney beating us in the 2005 semi final. Hated them with an absolute passion ever since. Along with their defensive style of play which has become a bit more attacking with Longmire being the coach. Hawthorn, well the fact that we've only beaten them in a final once since 1963 (2011 qualifying final) is just intensely frustrating because it proves Jeff Kennett's little "theory" correct. We were the best team by a mile in 2008, and we didn't back it up with another flag because of the Hawks. I would've rather won that and lost the 2009 grand final. Back to back is just so hard to do in the modern day. And the 2013 preliminary final.... well, up by 19 in the last quarter and ran out of legs. They hadn't beaten us since the grand final of 08 prior to that. So you can see my hate for Hawthorn. Yeah I hate that Freo directly and inadvertently knocked us out of the 2012 final series and 2013 finals respectively. But the Hawks go way back. And despite Ross's good record against us and how much we may not like him, he's good at what he does. There's my rant for the day ;)

I was just kidding Tysio.

Pretty grim options though aren't they... Ross or 3-peat

Ross Lyon hate >Hawthorn>Sydney ................. Call me petty, I suppose
I commented back to David The Cat accidently, here's what I wrote!

I hate Hawthorn and Sydney more than anything. One of my first games I watched was Sydney beating us in the 2005 semi final. Hated them with an absolute passion ever since. Along with their defensive style of play which has become a bit more attacking with Longmire being the coach. Hawthorn, well the fact that we've only beaten them in a final once since 1963 (2011 qualifying final) is just intensely frustrating because it proves Jeff Kennett's little "theory" correct. We were the best team by a mile in 2008, and we didn't back it up with another flag because of the Hawks. I would've rather won that and lost the 2009 grand final. Back to back is just so hard to do in the modern day. And the 2013 preliminary final.... well, up by 19 in the last quarter and ran out of legs. They hadn't beaten us since the grand final of 08 prior to that. So you can see my hate for Hawthorn. Yeah I hate that Freo directly and inadvertently knocked us out of the 2012 final series and 2013 finals respectively. But the Hawks go way back. And despite Ross's good record against us and how much we may not like him, he's good at what he does. There's my rant for the day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back