Ken Judge passes away

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to hear the news, like some had no idea he was sick. Condolences to his family and friends.
Certainly was not a fan of the Eagles, but he was entitled to his opinions, it seemed like he wasn't able to get over being fired as our coach after only 2 seasons, but he was there during a pretty difficult period, so it would've been a tough job. It seemingly also ended his AFL coaching career.
RIP Ken Judge...

There was no doubt he harboured some grudges from his sacking, as would anyone who had been in his shoes.

Took on a tired and jaded club at the end of the Malthouse era. Malthouse left Collingwood in the same state, but Judge was no club golden child like Buckley with a President that would back him to the hilt.

Ruffled a few feathers, made a few bad calls, but all in all, I thought he was harshly treated by being sacked.

Only the threat that Freo were going to swoop on Worsfold in the near future prevented him getting a tenure he deserved.

RIP to Judgey, 58 is far to young. I was aware he was ill from my time in Perth but had no idea how gravely ill he'd become. Being a passionate Eagles man who didn't want to hear bad press about his team I didn't always like his comments about West Coast in his media role but he was a guy who had a passion for footy at all levels and knew very well what was happening behind closed doors during the early 2000s.

Was no doubt a pivotal person in the development of Michael Gardiner, Chad Fletcher and Andrew Embley, Darren Glass, Adam Hunter and Dean Cox as first year players in 2000 and oversaw the drafting of Daniel Kerr in 2001. 6 (could easily have been 7) club premiership players there.

I'll remember him as the first WC coach to pass on and from his time at our beloved Sharks (2 flags under Ken in 92 and 94 and from all reports a very talented player). Very revered name around Easts and was always willing to give back to the club and mentor younger players.

The pain and struggle is over Ken, footy in Perth won't be the same without you.

Always thought after Judgey left his coaching stint at the Eagles as Head Coach that he would have made a good Development coach or the like, as he was excellent in spotting talent as mentioned above. RIP Judgey - always enjoyed listening to him on ABC and reading his columns, even though I didn't always agree with what he had to say!! He will be missed.

So sad hearing this. He was part of a terrific team commentating the wafl. His insights were great. WA has lost a good man. Rip Judgey.

Fully concur, natho, Vale Ken Judge.

Sympathy to Ken Judge family . Ken is asleep 1 more sleep until John 5:28 . The time is coming when all those in the grave will awake

The zombie apocalypse is coming!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back