Universal Love Kepler Bradley - There's only one...

Remove this Banner Ad

People downplay and condescend what he gave – which was effort and passion. He ran weird, he fell over, but he always ran flat-out when he did and kicked snaggas while he slipped. You always knew Kep was going to try his heart out. Some guys jaunt and jog around the ground but Kep was earnest and played with a real passion. He was a cult figure because he did all that, not just because he was balding at 22 and no one has ever met someone else with his name.

He seems to really care about West Perth too. I remember someone on here seeing him having a swim in a pair of Cardies shorts once. It's a bit of a shame that he played on to try and play for Freo again, never did, and ended up playing for Peel – which he never really wanted.

But a real asset was the Kep. I'll miss his effort.

Who's Kepla Bradley. I know we have a Kepler Bradley on the list

It was inevitable that he would retire or be delisted. Glad he got to choose his terms and announce. All the best for him in his post AFL life.

I'm gutted.

I knew this may be the way it was going at seasons end, it's just I was in denial about losing a cult figure/hero.

Love his goals, humour, slipping over and doing the number 26 proud.

I'm going to be taking my Kepler Bradley banner up to Brisbane and sing the chant all game!
"There's only Kepler Bradley"

He was underrated, yes he was #6 in the draft for Essendon but Sheedy played him down back, he is a natural winger/forward type wit hgreat attacking instincts and he performed admirably in the ruck for us in some dark times.

You can't ask for much more than a bloke who gives his all every week, was very stiff to be dropped after the 2012 EF as well.

Did the #26 proud.

I wonder if he will play WAFL For West Perth next year, would be good to see him get a flag there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've lost a genuine character of the game, not because he mouthed off or hit people, but because he tried his hardest to get the most out of himself with varying results. Sometimes he would try too hard and left us all in despair. Other times, the stars would align and inconceivable moments of brilliance would occur, worthy of any top 10 draft pick (see the above posted Chris Judd side-step). Despite his limited results, Kepler will be remembered and appreciated for his services to our club.

So long Kepler, I for one will be hoping for final chance to see you play - perhaps a last minute call up on grand final day to score 10 goals, true Kepler style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back