Kerridge. Midfielder? Forward? Tagger?

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont get why people are so keen to release Smith to the midfield.

He's so good at half back, which in the modern game is where your best ball users play.

Also that way you might have to have a tagger playing half forward to stop Smith, which already means we've won half the battle.

Will be a gun. When back and firing next season can see him pushing Wright out of the team as he offer so much more versatility to play between the arcs. Has a good kick on goal and has already shown some talent at the run with role. Needs to get himself fit and over his foot problems as he will very important to our best 22 in the coming seasons.

Will be a gun. When back and firing next season can see him pushing Wright out of the team as he offer so much more versatility to play between the arcs. Has a good kick on goal and has already shown some talent at the run with role. Needs to get himself fit and over his foot problems as he will very important to our best 22 in the coming seasons.
This is the key - we need to get more good ball users in the team.

Where Keg plays is not crucial, what is more important is that we have more Kerridges, Smiths, Jaenschs & Mackays kicking the ball, as it will make us more damaging with our ball movement. We need at least 2 in the backline & 2 in the midfield & preferably 1 up forward rotating into the midfield.

Even better that most of them can be switched position, depending on matchups to give us some flexibility.

I dont get why people are so keen to release Smith to the midfield.

He's so good at half back, which in the modern game is where your best ball users play.

Also that way you might have to have a tagger playing half forward to stop Smith, which already means we've won half the battle.

A mixture of three things really.

1) He has the freedom to roam, Smith getting the ball in more attacking positions is going to do a lot more damage then he is now... and that is saying something.

2) On the wing he has potential to get more disposals (midfield and all that)... now again, with his disposal and skill set this could easily be a massive advantage.

3) It tends to be the next step for a player. For instance, B.Goddard is a great example of someone who did their apprenticeship on the HBF, moved to the midfield and was one of the main reasons why Saints nearly (by the bounce of a ball) won the flag. Now, sure, we don't know if it will work with Smith but if it does, we are closer to the elusive flag.

That said, i believe we should use our first round pick on a similar player to smith... get smith in the wing and someone like him (Lavarde is probably my favorite) into the HBF and allow him to do an apprenticeship there.

Reminded me more of the Starcraft character
1680987-kerrigan11.jpg

reminds me a bit of sloane with his agression and non stop running. so much better than wright. seriously he plays last week and we win. do not trade him. trade douglas who will attract something good, lyons who will likewise attract something good but we cant hang onto him because too many similar players, wright all ahead of him. trading douglas would be ok for the team despite his quality as i believe kerridge can play his role as HFF who moves into midfield pretty well himself and i can see him becoming better than douglas.
2015 forward line:

HF: Kerridge Jenkins Lynch
FF: Betts Tex Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sold on Kerridge and would trade him if someone worthwhile come along. He is a Sando favourite tho. He is only averaging 10 possesions a game and at this point in his career that just isnt good enough.

Im not sold on Kerridge and would trade him if someone worthwhile come along. He is a Sando favourite tho. He is only averaging 10 possesions a game and at this point in his career that just isnt good enough.

You have obviously not watched a minute of Kerridge playing.

Defensive forward that can hit the scoreboard that locks down on the opposition QB HB type

Brown is my Tagger

You have obviously not watched a minute of Kerridge playing.
Yep certainly have, including his time at Sturt. When VB comes back as our tagger, who is Kerridge going to force out? I put Grigg, M Crouch ahead of him. He averages 10 possesions a game dude. You think thats good enough from a midfield player? And before you say "Forward" he isnt a leading mark up player and more "noone rates him to mark him up when he is in the forward line" type of player. Im not saying he wont make it, just he needs to do far more than he has.

Yep certainly have, including his time at Sturt. When VB comes back as our tagger, who is Kerridge going to force out? I put Grigg, M Crouch ahead of him. He averages 10 possesions a game dude. You think thats good enough from a midfield player? And before you say "Forward" he isnt a leading mark up player and more "noone rates him to mark him up when he is in the forward line" type of player. Im not saying he wont make it, just he needs to do far more than he has.
Are you serious? Kerridge has been tagging all year. He's been trying to beat his opponent which at this stage of all youngsters careers try to do. And if that means he he gets 10 disposals a game then so be it, it is a part of his development which will help him become a great mid in the future. Kerridge is best suited to a HFF where he can run with oppositions best HBF and also chip in with a few goals. Kerridge is better than Grigg.

He played as tagger picked up 15 touches, 2 goals and 4 tackles. So do you think if he was released from being tagger that these numbers won't improve?

I did an analysis of his first 25 games compared to Sloane, Danger, Douglas, Smith, Mackay and Vince. He had as many or more games with 20+ possessions than all those players, despite playing half of his games as a pure tagger. If you are concerned about him not being able to get the ball and become you a good midfielder you have obviously not watched him

He also kicked more goals than all of those players in his first 25 games.

If you think its okay to have a player in the midfield who averages 10 possessions a game because he is tagging thats not good enough. Kane Cornes does a better lock down role and gets 30 possessions. Same as Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back