Kevin Pieterson

Remove this Banner Ad

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just watched most of the doco on KP, I must say it was interesting to see things from his point of view. I don't remember any of the news programs or sports commentary on what KP apparently did over a few years in the lead up to him losing his spot in the England side, ever giving him a chance to share his side of the story.

I must say in my time of watching him play for the Melbourne Stars and watching this doco, he seems like a well rounded person with a good sense of humor and maybe a little bit of a brat but seriously cant see how an entire dressing room could ever dislike the guy.

I really think there was so much hogwash around Andrew Strauss and think that him and one or two others pushed Peterson out of the team rather unfairly.

What are your thoughts around KP, is he a good natured person or is he the biggest villain in world cricket as painted by strauss and co.

Just watched most of the doco on KP, I must say it was interesting to see things from his point of view. I don't remember any of the news programs or sports commentary on what KP apparently did over a few years in the lead up to him losing his spot in the England side, ever giving him a chance to share his side of the story.

I must say in my time of watching him play for the Melbourne Stars and watching this doco, he seems like a well rounded person with a good sense of humor and maybe a little bit of a brat but seriously cant see how an entire dressing room could ever dislike the guy.

I really think there was so much hogwash around Andrew Strauss and think that him and one or two others pushed Peterson out of the team rather unfairly.

What are your thoughts around KP, is he a good natured person or is he the biggest villain in world cricket as painted by strauss and co.

You're not going to turf out the captain or a senior player. Had to be KP moved on

Ironically, it was KP's own autobiography that made me see things from the ECB side. Far from being "persecuted" or "unfairly treated", KP seemed to spend a hell of a lot of time having these big Drama Queen hissy fits over tiny insignificant issues.

So you have to wear the team sponsor shirt and shoes to a press conference, and it will take you two whole minutes to change clothes?
So someone made a fake Twitter account about you, and Prior and Swann had a laugh over it?
So you are "forced" to play for England, and have to miss a couple of IPL games?
Aw, diddums.

His book is full of this sort of stuff, constant whining and sulking over things that most sportspeople would be expected to just suck up. And that's not even counting more serious things like publicly criticising the selection of a team-mate. How can you excuse that?

And it's all everyone else's fault. He is KP, and if the world doesn't revolve around him, then it must be some great conspiracy among the players and coaches to shaft him.

MAYBE he had some genuine grievances at times. But with his constant sooking and "that's beneath me" arrogance over endless small issues, I can see why nobody bothered listening to him even when he had a serious point.

Ironically, it was KP's own autobiography that made me see things from the ECB side. Far from being "persecuted" or "unfairly treated", KP seemed to spend a hell of a lot of time having these big Drama Queen hissy fits over tiny insignificant issues.

So you have to wear the team sponsor shirt and shoes to a press conference, and it will take you two whole minutes to change clothes?
So someone made a fake Twitter account about you, and Prior and Swann had a laugh over it?
So you are "forced" to play for England, and have to miss a couple of IPL games?
Aw, diddums.

His book is full of this sort of stuff, constant whining and sulking over things that most sportspeople would be expected to just suck up. And that's not even counting more serious things like publicly criticising the selection of a team-mate. How can you excuse that?

And it's all everyone else's fault. He is KP, and if the world doesn't revolve around him, then it must be some great conspiracy among the players and coaches to shaft him.

MAYBE he had some genuine grievances at times. But with his constant sooking and "that's beneath me" arrogance over endless small issues, I can see why nobody bothered listening to him even when he had a serious point.
Sounds a whole lot like Jason Akermanis's autobiography actually.

He was misunderstood, wronged, victimised and discriminated against at every turn by coaches, teammates and officialdom according to him too. He reckoned he was the consummate team player yet thought nothing of revealing a teammates injuries to the media (he reckoned he was just being honest) or going it alone and rebelling against embracing Leading Teams (because he didn't see the good of it).

The total lack of self awareness, empathy for others and utter selfishness is unbelievable.

These two seem like peas in a pod and the fact both men's careers also ended on a similar note and prematurely despite still being capable of playing at the highest level speaks volumes.

I reckon KP was wronged by the England hierarchy particularly Andrew Strauss, I don't reckon hes as much of a bad boy as certain people like to make out, I for one have enjoyed seeing him in the stars lineup and I reckon some people dislike him more now cause he does play for the stars and cause its run by Eddie

I reckon KP was wronged by the England hierarchy particularly Andrew Strauss, I don't reckon hes as much of a bad boy as certain people like to make out, I for one have enjoyed seeing him in the stars lineup and I reckon some people dislike him more now cause he does play for the stars and cause its run by Eddie
KP has been a divisive character his entire career. It would have absolutely nothing whatsoever to with Eddie. Believe it or not (and Eddie wouldn't) but the world doesn't revolve around Eddie McGuire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KP has been a divisive character his entire career. It would have absolutely nothing whatsoever to with Eddie. Believe it or not (and Eddie wouldn't) but the world doesn't revolve around Eddie McGuire.
Highlight of the BBL was when they kept showing Eddie sitting in the stand and Flintoff says, "So who is that guy anyway?"

he is neither.

but I would not believe the puff piece, medusala it is just a smokescreen.

No doubt he was a champion, but no doubt he rubbed people the wrong way, cos he is a bit of a d!ck. But usually to become the best in the world you need to be insular and selfish and self-involved and conceited... and all that comes with managing to create friction in the changing room. So they put the spotlight on him as the one cause? Does not exactly summarise it, just like the supporters such as Piers Morgan wont accurately convey a degree of his complicity.

One thing in KP's favour, he was a champion and there are few of them.

but much of this will be an attempt at KP to rehabilitate his public perception, as well as making a buck, albeit miniscule in comparison to the IPL riches that await(ed)... so he is on his best footing, does not seek to rile.

unlike say when he was playing against Australia and sledging. I think he once did one of the best ever sledges when he said/yelled/called to Andrew Symonds "fetch!" when Symonds was struggling with his inchoate career with the bat in tests, and KP was spanking to Australians thru the covers for boundaries.

No doubt he was a champion, but no doubt he rubbed people the wrong way, cos he is a bit of a d!ck. But usually to become the best in the world you need to be insular and selfish and self-involved and conceited.

To be that good you typically need to be supremely confident, the flip side of that is it often comes with a high degree of Wayne Carey like egotism / knobbishness

A lot of obnoxious people can be very charismatic when they want to be.

Usually the most obnoxious characters have some kind of personality disorder. Like afew individuals in this forum.lol
Such as Borderline personality disorder . I bet if KP posted in this forum , everyone would filter out his posts.

Seriously though... he was unlucky to be sacked. He argued with Flower and Cook in Sydney. Flower then returned to England and ratted him out to Giles Clarke ,who ordered Downton to sack him. The only way he could have returned was if Vaughan had been England director. As soon as Strauss came in,it was certain he would never return .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back