Kevin Pietersen sacked by England

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be surprised to see Kevin Pietersen take legal action against the ECB and Andrew Strauss as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well on the face of it, he is 250k out of pocket on the promise of a "job" if he performed.

I wonder if Hyderabad might also have a case.

They released KP because they thought he had a genuine opportunity to stake a case for an international comeback.

As it is they've gone without a major drawcard for most of the season

The offer of the "advisor role" was just strauss taking the piss and rubbing it in. Very poor stuff !!

Having KP in the lineup would have been huge this summer because he was fired up to play well. Similar to when he was reinstated for the India tour and his performances made the difference. Day one of Strauss job and he has already blown it.

The offer of the "advisor role" was just strauss taking the piss and rubbing it in. Very poor stuff !!

Having KP in the lineup would have been huge this summer because he was fired up to play well. Similar to when he was reinstated for the India tour and his performances made the difference. Day one of Strauss job and he has already blown it.

What is the reaction like over in England?

What is the reaction like over in England?

You can see it all over twitter from any cricket source you can to mention. I dont think the ECB have much support .
On the day he scores 350* ,Strauss tells him he wont be considered after Graves had earlier told him otherwise. He gave up his IPL deal to prove himself fit for a recall .

Most top sportsman are saying Strauss has acted out a personal vendetta against KP .

Fair call. I didn't actually look up his scores, but just was parroting what was said a few pages back before this all blew up. Should've checked. Maybe I should just become a sports journalist ...

I don't think what Belnakor said contradicted you at all. The posts on this were prior to the triple century and the 170 was against a University in a pre-season match.

355*, regardless of the strength of the bowling attack obviously changes things, but before that he was hardly setting the world on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say if the late Alec Bedser or Donald Carr was Chairman of the England selectors. How would he and his fellow selection panel handle the Kevin Pietersen issue, and whether or not Pietersen would be selected for England again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strauss has definitely gotten the English cricket community offside on this one, which isn't great in your first week at the helm. I don't think any player should ever be told he won't be selected, if he's making the runs and is in form, and England can find a place in the side for him, then he should play. As much of a polarising figure he may be, he's also such a dynamic player that is a game changer. Needs to be given the opportunity for mine. Ballance and co aren't match winners for mine, KP most certainly can turn a match on its head.

When you have the best bud of the captain chosen as the director then this was inevitable...soo much for a big change occurring in english cricket. apart from offering pieterson an advisory position a more surprising claim was that strauss would still be in his position regardless of the teams performance this summer...seriously WTF

When you have the best bud of the captain chosen as the director then this was inevitable...soo much for a big change occurring in english cricket. apart from offering pieterson an advisory position a more surprising claim was that strauss would still be in his position regardless of the teams performance this summer...seriously WTF

They're in a re-build :D

Apparently Cook threatened to resign if KP was selected.

One could be forgiven for wondering why Cook resigning would be a bad thing or why they couldn't bring back KP in the limited overs formats

How is Strauss Cook's 'best bud'? Or are you just making that false statement purely off the back of the fact that they used to open the batting together.

I think straight out ruling a line through Pietersen's name was a mistake. But making stuff up isn't necessary to make that point.

Reading between the lines, Strauss didn't make the call. It was a condition of the position.

Which is why Stewart and Vaughan withdrew.

The main person who should be under fire for this is Colin Graves.

Why make a comment if you never intended/were never going to be able to uphold your side of the bargain?

How is Strauss Cook's 'best bud'? Or are you just making that false statement purely off the back of the fact that they used to open the batting together.

I think straight out ruling a line through Pietersen's name was a mistake. But making stuff up isn't necessary to make that point.

It's well known within cricketing circles.

Let me first temper the below by saying that the ECB's decision to not even consider Pietersen for selection is disgraceful and speaks volumes of the deep-rooted arrogance within that organisation... but

Kevin Pietersen is becoming the most overrated player in world cricket. People have been talking like this decision is going to destroy all hope for the English cricket team but would Pietersen even be best XI? I don't think his output would be a hell of a lot more than the current England middle order. He averaged 29 in the last ashes series (although tbf he was England's top scorer). And although his runs for this county season may look impressive you have to remember not only do his team Surrey play in Division 2, his first century came against a uni side and his 355 came against Leicestershire who haven't won a county match for 36 consecutive matches, stretching back to September 2012.

He should definitely be in the frame for selection but does his absence really make England that much worse? Surely it's the circus that is surrounding this that will affect the team more?

Reading between the lines, Strauss didn't make the call. It was a condition of the position.

Which is why Stewart and Vaughan withdrew.

The main person who should be under fire for this is Colin Graves.

Why make a comment if you never intended/were never going to be able to uphold your side of the bargain?

A person of his stature wouldn't take the position unless he believed that decision regarding pietersen was correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back