Kevin Pieterson

Remove this Banner Ad

As for Pietersen being divisive. Just have a look at some of the tweets he has favourited/liked since Morgans statement
0DrGqcD.png

07kLoS2.png

England are doing just fine without him. I'm actually tipping England to win the World T20

Strauss and the selection panel hate KP. He has no chance whatsoever of being picked for the world T20.
Even before his sacking he was kind of turfed out of the T20 team when Broad become captain ,after the 2010 T20 world cup win. He was arguably the best player in that win yet he was barely involved afterwards for some reason.

No-one is ever as bad or as good as media paint them to be. I'm not particularly a big KP fan.

For a fair while though, he was the only English batsman worth watching. A lot of fans and the press were constantly moaning about him throwing his wicket away but at least he'd usually wait till he got a ton before having his truly massive brain farts.

He also got one of the most important wickets of the Ashes 2010 in Adelaide at the end of the day when Clarke for no reason whatsoever swiped at very wide tripe and got out with rain on the way the next day.

He was a funny one, very, very professional in his training and approach and never had any problems with officials that I recall. Never got involved in spats. When he got out, he just used to stick his bat under his arm and walk off.

I found it really unpleasant that when the Ashes tour 2013/4 went **** up for the English team, so many of the main-stream media were so ready and seemingly eager to put the boot into him. They really had scapegoating down to a fine art.

That was a bloodbath and such an unnecessarily vindictive one. I lost a lot of respect for many of the English cricket journalists over that period. I haven't regained it either.

No doubt he was a champion, but no doubt he rubbed people the wrong way, cos he is a bit of a d!ck. But usually to become the best in the world you need to be insular and selfish and self-involved and conceited... and all that comes with managing to create friction in the changing room. So they put the spotlight on him as the one cause? Does not exactly summarise it, just like the supporters such as Piers Morgan wont accurately convey a degree of his complicity.

One thing in KP's favour, he was a champion and there are few of them.

whenever i think about KP i just think about the great team we had in the 00s. Warne. Hayden. Bevan. These guys were all cut from the same cloth as KP yet we managed to do it. Vaughan managed to do it. It just showed why England struggle in knock out tournaments in general - you need big personalities who thrive under pressure. They only have Broad in their current team so i'd suggest their W20 campaign will end early.

whenever i think about KP i just think about the great team we had in the 00s. Warne. Hayden. Bevan. These guys were all cut from the same cloth as KP yet we managed to do it. Vaughan managed to do it. It just showed why England struggle in knock out tournaments in general - you need big personalities who thrive under pressure. They only have Broad in their current team so i'd suggest their W20 campaign will end early.
Haydos was only Haydos in Haydos mind and his extemporised third persons of Haydos.

Haydoss was not fit to shine KPs shoes. heh dross phonetics and puns

#Poe'sLaw
#EdgarAllanPoe
#erythropoetin
#bbq
#moretonbay
#Roy

medusala

Haydoss was not fit to shine KPs shoes.

God Bothering yapper

About as popular as a bagel stand in Raqqa.

As for Pietersen being divisive. Just have a look at some of the tweets he has favourited/liked since Morgans statement

Doesn't really compare to KPGenius though does it?

Last edited:
The English press in general is very vindictive - not just their sports journos.

Australian public figures get off easy by comparison.

AUS media seems to be partisan and likes to help the home team to win by disrupting the opposition. Like when England came down for that last tour.

Where as the UK media prefer to damage the home teams . Which is why I have no respect for anyone in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pietersen is an excellent cricketer with a severe personality flaw...very much a superiority complex. Whilst some of those Aussies you list above may have had their own personality flaws, what they didn't do was be as divisive as KP. FFS, he was texting his Saffa mates bagging out his own teammates during a match...whilst playing against the Saffa's.

I'm old school and don't like bullshit like that within a dressing room. He is a brilliant cricketer who is a divisive personality. His cricket ability couldn't save him from his personality in the end.

Pietersen is an excellent cricketer with a severe personality flaw...very much a superiority complex. Whilst some of those Aussies you list above may have had their own personality flaws, what they didn't do was be as divisive as KP. FFS, he was texting his Saffa mates bagging out his own teammates during a match...whilst playing against the Saffa's.

I'm old school and don't like bullshit like that within a dressing room. He is a brilliant cricketer who is a divisive personality. His cricket ability couldn't save him from his personality in the end.
mate i could not of put it better myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back