Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like co-captaincy full stop, but if they were to change then Parker would best suit that role. I thought Hannebery, but I'm in agreement about his lack of temperament for the role.
Actually, I think that role should go to Kennedy...pedigree, and damn fine pedigree!

Ribs still?

Dunno just i cant believe his movement is intentionally average he has been a bloody competitor his whole career

Just does not seem right and hasnt for a while

Dunno just i cant believe his movement is intentionally average he has been a bloody competitor his whole career

Just does not seem right and hasnt for a while
I think he's going alright, it's just the game plan isn't. He's not getting big numbers and kicking the occasional goal but let's face it...any goal would be good!

KJack has been awful this season but amazingly bad today, like worse than BJack and that's saying something.

It's time for a spell in the 2s and time to ditch the co-captaincy because he's not offering anything at all.

Wouldn't drop him, but why not play him forward. What is his best asset- tackling. Make him play that small leadup forward. Tackle, pressure and he has a half decent shot at goal.

Wouldn't drop him, but why not play him forward. What is his best asset- tackling. Make him play that small leadup forward. Tackle, pressure and he has a half decent shot at goal.

We dont seem to play anyone forward lately

Goodes was in centre with 4 eagles while 17 other swans pushed into defence in the 2nd

Not sure if serious... have you seen him take a shot at goal recently? Brandon Jack played better, certainly tackled a lot better and kicked better.

Kieran Jack was just awful. Maybe it's his body that just can't do it anymore, but seeing Shuey burn him off only to see Brandon Jack chase him down was the death knoll to me.

This team just has too many good players running down at the same time.

KJack has been awful this season but amazingly bad today, like worse than BJack and that's saying something.

It's time for a spell in the 2s and time to ditch the co-captaincy because he's not offering anything at all.
Woah sunshine, B burnt K and took a shot and blew it! It was a blatant error.

Not sure if serious... have you seen him take a shot at goal recently? Brandon Jack played better, certainly tackled a lot better and kicked better.

Kieran Jack was just awful. Maybe it's his body that just can't do it anymore, but seeing Shuey burn him off only to see Brandon Jack chase him down was the death knoll to me.

This team just has too many good players running down at the same time.

I still would explore other options than dropping Kieran Jack. He will just go back to the NEAFL and get 50 disposals, what exactly does that achieve? I hope we get him out of the midfield, play him forward. His goalkicking is no worse than half our players.

Yep Kennedy is the man going forward, a Kennedy quiet game is still 24 odd possessions, a bad game is still a lot o ball (20+ possessions) but sloppy disposal....but still clearly demonstrates the effort is there and that he's trying to lift his side or carry them again as has been the case many times.
I think it's important to see your captain in there fighting even when the chips are down, trying to lift the team and Kennedy is probably the only one who's done it week in week out for long enough. Seriously 18 possessions is his worst game (excluding the one where he was subbed out in the 1st injured) in the last 5 years, that's what we get out of a lot of guys in their decent games.

Jack should still be in the leadership group, obviously a great communicator but maybe the release of captain might free him up a bit....let him focus more on his own game. We've seen it with other players before, some are better off without the responsibility, some rise with it. There's no doubt in my mind Kennedy will handle that responsibility unfazed won't effect his game at all, Hannebery an option as well, get the feeling he might be the type to lift his game with the responsibility. Think Jack will do better without it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Kennedy is the man going forward, a Kennedy quiet game is still 24 odd possessions, a bad game is still a lot o ball (20+ possessions) but sloppy disposal....but still clearly demonstrates the effort is there and that he's trying to lift his side or carry them again as has been the case many times.
I think it's important to see your captain in there fighting even when the chips are down, trying to lift the team and Kennedy is probably the only one who's done it week in week out for long enough. Seriously 18 possessions is his worst game (excluding the one where he was subbed out in the 1st injured) in the last 5 years, that's what we get out of a lot of guys in their decent games.

Jack should still be in the leadership group, obviously a great communicator but maybe the release of captain might free him up a bit....let him focus more on his own game. We've seen it with other players before, some are better off without the responsibility, some rise with it. There's no doubt in my mind Kennedy will handle that responsibility unfazed won't effect his game at all, Hannebery an option as well, get the feeling he might be the type to lift his game with the responsibility. Think Jack will do better without it.

Kennedy would be great at leading by example but he doesn't strike me as a vocal leader out on the field.

And I don't think Jack has been that bad. He's one of the best defensive mids in the comp and with so many other quality inside and outside mids we can't expect that he'll be racking up big numbers every week, particularly when he's rotated forward more than most. For me I think the improvement needs to come with his work with the ball in our forward half. Needs more assists and more goals.

Kennedy would be great at leading by example but he doesn't strike me as a vocal leader out on the field.

And I don't think Jack has been that bad. He's one of the best defensive mids in the comp and with so many other quality inside and outside mids we can't expect that he'll be racking up big numbers every week, particularly when he's rotated forward more than most. For me I think the improvement needs to come with his work with the ball in our forward half. Needs more assists and more goals.

My friend and I were discussing him last night and we were thinking giving him some more strict run-with roles (like he used to have when he was a kid) might be the way to go. Try and get him to do what Bernie Vince has done this year. Minding his man while hurting him the other way.

Say last night, we could have sent him to Andrew Gaff and told him to lock down as much as possible on him when the ball is in dispute but then when we get it, burst the other way and try to catch him out. Gaff is a prolific ball winner and great runner but can he defend his man? I don't know, but it'd have been nice to find out.

This week, send him to Dangerfield and see what happens. That's what I'd be doing, challenge him to take out the best guy on the other team for the good of our team.

And if his form doesn't recover after stepping down?

Then re-evaluate it.

However I don't feel dropping him is the answer. We need to find a position that he can play. Almost feel the emergence of Parker in the middle has really hurt Kieran's output. That said I feel there is a role, whether that be a tagger or a half forward.

the interesting thing is he still hits elite numbers statistically

guess its easy to rack them up in our gamestyle

Well somehow we went at almost 70% efficiency yesterday...to say that I take numbers with a grain of salt is an absolute understatement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back