Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Hey maybe that is why Horse continues with his gameplan of boring the living daylights out of everyone! I feel Kieran Jack just needs a new role, seems like he doesn't particularly know his role.

feels like the Horse Philosophy is dominate possession at all costs equals a win

feels like the Horse Philosophy is dominate possession at all costs equals a win

Horses philosophy is dominate contested possessions.

Other coaches philosophy is to dominate the scoreboard.

That and don't forget the...'if we lose we must drop Towers or BJ'.

They are clearly unbalancing the side.

If we had Newman in yesterday we've have won by 65

They are clearly unbalancing the side.

If we had Newman in yesterday we've have won by 65

Newman still might have hit more targets than 90% of our side yesterday...however in a way I'm happy we are not rushing his development.

Last edited:

Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
pitchfork mob.jpg

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I honestly thought he had turned the corner against the Swans. Watching him closely at the ground, he was really running hard both ways and was an incredibly important piece of the puzzle in making sure we had options ahead of the ball. But last night was another disappointing effort. I just don't know what his best role is anymore.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
K Jack...
He was back!

Lot of talk on here about leaving down in NEAFL land, or having him exit stage right into retirement, rather than bringing him back into the team

Taking into account it was his first game back and it was wet...

He was okay, but didn't seem like he was going to take the game by the scruff at any stage

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Jack...
He is moving towards the liability column IMO.
He isnt costing us games but he is keeping out a player who could have an influence on the outcome.
I reckon he needs to go back to NEAFL for a couple of weeks and find some confidence.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Not sure why you wanted to go back and open up a 2 yr old thread bagging Jack when you could have just posted a comment in the game autopsy. Jack's improving as he gets back into it. Has more influence than you might notice.

Not sure why you wanted to go back and open up a 2 yr old thread bagging Jack when you could have just posted a comment in the game autopsy. Jack's improving as he gets back into it. Has more influence than you might notice.

To be fair Jack's form isn't relevant just to his latest game. He's played eight games this year. They've all been sub-standard. Fair enough he's injured in the first month. Since coming back I agree he's been a liability. His kicking has got worse, his decision making poorer, and he goes to ground so easily now. I have always loved Jack's ability to keep his feet, even when getting decapitated or smashed with crunching tackles, then moving the ball on with his small bursts of pace. These aspects of his game have all but vanished. I'm not writing him off at all, but his form warrants the NEAFL, especially when there have been others like Dawson and Edwards smashing the door down consistently.

But #runsontheboard

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would be happy for Jack and McVeigh to stay as NEAFL depth. They are champions of the past but won't have much influence on the Swans of the future.

If we go deep in September this year it will be on the backs of the kids.

And JPK.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

He was poor on Friday. Far less influential than the Tigers game.

Back