Status
Not open for further replies.

Grongey

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Soft.

That's what the Melbourne press are saying.

We must learn from this.

The Hawthorn players were more more accountable than us, and nailed their tackles. They squirted it to an outside player every time.

Accountable footy, one-on-one. It earned the Lions a few premierships in Leigh Matthews time.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
The title says it all, Sydney and probably other interstate clubs should play more games at the MCG rather than Etihad. Not saying it was what cost us on the day but we play pretty poorly at the MCG.

Whatsername

Debutant
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Congratulations on making the Grand Final boys, unfortunately for you the better team won on the day. That's what happens in sport. Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and go at it again next year, like we did with you in 06 after you killed us in 05. I think that you are more than capable of doing that. Also, why the hell are the Freo fans so cocky and badmouthing your club?

I reckon they have to add to the list of things money just can't buy.

1. Love
2. AFL premierships

Sounds like the Swans just bent over and took it up the jacksie.

Ed76

Draftee
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Win the flag next year and not only win it, but win it in a way the AFL world will never forget. We need to dominate next year and take that cup.

http://www.snazzyspace.com/image-effects/fire-effect/images2/1[QUOTE="SilentHunter_, post: 35358487, member: 156620"]:'( it is just so hard to see any positives. Probably because their were no positives.[/QUOTE]

Swans were pathetic yesterday. They were embarrassed by a team who wanted it more. Hawks crashed us and we s**t ourselves. And the biggest culprit yesterday was Horse. He sat back, didn't make one change. Just hoped things would change. Its easy driving a Ferrari around , anyone can do that horse, but when 2 three blow out, u need yo change something up. Horse had no answers, out coached.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Congratulations on making the Grand Final boys, unfortunately for you the better team won on the day. That's what happens in sport. Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and go at it again next year, like we did with you in 06 after you killed us in 05. I think that you are more than capable of doing that. Also, why the hell are the Freo fans so cocky and badmouthing your club?

Its just a few hi clogged along with many others who have been brainwashed by the media who seem to think we are some evil deity created by the AFL.

Makes me think i should delete this account and forget about this site having to spend 2yrs defending the club on the mainboard hardly able to enjoy any football discussion.

Whatsername

Debutant
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Its just a few hi clogged along with many others who have been brainwashed by the media who seem to think we are some evil deity created by the AFL.

Makes me think i should delete this account and forget about this site having to spend 2yrs defending the club on the mainboard hardly able to enjoy any football discussion.
I just don't think that they're in much of a position to badmouth you about premierships, even brownlows for that matter.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues

If it is impacting on your enjoyment of football then move on from this site.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Capture.JPG

base615

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Chicago Bears
Meh, you play that same game 100 times and 99 of them won't end up the way it did yesterday. Just like Hawthorn players came back after the 2012/13 offseason with the lowest skin folds they've ever seen and burning desire, I have no doubt our players will be the same and the pain of this one will spur them on to go one better next season.

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think wholesale changes to the list are needed - We need to evolve our players and tactics in a few areas though.

-Went for that extra 1 too many 'quick/spread' player, and cost ourselves some needed Midfield grunt. Kennedy needs clearance help, lucky we all ready have that player on our list. (Hindsight is handy with this one though we couldn't have went in with a stronger side, I'm just hoping Horse took note of how dismal our clearances were and doesn't shrug it off as a one off.)

-Some positional changes might be needed to reinvent players. Reid needs to do as his brother did and move CHB/FB, Ted can't be playing on the no1 forwards from next year onwards - he becomes the 3rd tall and with Reid we might finally have a KD not undersized. He was originally recruited as a KD.

-Changes to the forward set-up and a decision on the tall forward line, does it work? I'm undecided, it can work brilliantly but if the foot-skills don't improve its being wasted. Maybe a more traditional set-up with Buddy, Tippett as keys with smaller forwards at their feet - maybe a 3rd tall ruck/forward (Nankervis?? or trade for someone who can genuinely play that role) who can allow Tippett to play KF permanently or have him play ruck and find another genuine key forward (maybe Reid if he stays there, would need a breakout season though).
Not sure, the 4 talls did look good at times - but there's no doubting a Ballantyne, Walters type might be needed to complete the forward line. Horse doesn't like player who can't run through the midfield though.

-Game plan needs to evolve, we have a strong midfield but there's something definitely off about our setup at times particularly around stoppages. For such a great pressure team there is no way we should be allowing free players out the back and walk-out centre breaks so often. Definitely a set-up issue and happened a lot last year - who's been our midfield coach lately, Dew? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he walked to the crows.:p

-KICK INS - wtf is going on here? Malceski can be a beautiful kick at times but god he can butcher some kick -ins. Can't believe we can't get this right, it's either short kick increasing the pressure on the next guy or long kick to an outnumbered situation along the boundary line. We can't get away with this s**t against the best teams, need to work out a system. If Mal leaves then we need to find an exceptional kicker (trade/draft), to place in defence who can take the kicks-ins - the set up will still need to be better if he's to be effective.

-Non preferred kicking - Kennedy, Goodes, McGlynn, Jetta, Mitchell and maybe Rampe - off the top of my head these are the only guys who go onto the opposite when the situation calls for it. There are others who will only go as a last resort - usually by then the situation has passed and they fluff it up, then there are others who refuse to use their wrong side at all which never works out well. A few training sessions where they're not allowed to use anything but the opposite foot please. AFL players need to be able to kick on both sides.

-May lose Goodes, Mal, Shaw - we gain Heeney, maybe Jones/Biggs fills one back spot. Lot of experience and depth lost though being replaced with youth, need to bring 1 or 2 proven players in.

Horse is the one who needs to make a lot of calls, needs a plan B, needs to make sure the players don't drop their heads. Our biggest issues next year will be tactical and mental. Good list but the 2015 result from the damage done yesterday could go either way,

Good read.

Whatsername

Debutant
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Here's some good news for you guys, on the Freo board they want to trade Zac Clarke for Sam Reid! Much better ruckman than Mike Pyke.

At those prices i would be getting pn the Hawks pretty quick.

Just about to add 2 quality talls and will trade a ruckman for a good draft pick or player.

Here's some good news for you guys, on the Freo board they want to trade Zac Clarke for Sam Reid! Much better ruckman than Mike Pyke.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Plan A for draft period has been thrown out and Plan B is being worked on as we speak.

There does have to be some soul searching. You don't lose like that without repercussions.

Just like Hawthorn players came back after the 2012/13 offseason with the lowest skin folds they've ever seen and burning desire, I have no doubt our players will be the same and the pain of this one will spur them on to go one better next season.
Slightly different situation - Hawthorn didn't put in a gutless pathetic effort in the 2012 Grand Final

The title says it all, Sydney and probably other interstate clubs should play more games at the MCG rather than Etihad. Not saying it was what cost us on the day but we play pretty poorly at the MCG.

More a function of us playing good teams on "blockbusters" and finals at an "away" venue.

Record is going to be worse there than at home for obvious reasons.

Null issue for mine.

They should be able to play on Cronulla Beach, Tamworth No 1 Oval or in the Simpson dessert.

Kick it, catch it, tackle it, score with it.

base615

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Chicago Bears
Slightly different situation - Hawthorn didn't put in a gutless pathetic effort in the 2012 Grand Final

Maybe stop being so negative and get behind the boys who no doubt feel even shittier about their performance than we do. We can't change what happened yesterday so no point crying about it.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Parker for sure!
You're kidding ? Parker led by example and was curled up in the team bus by half time.

Personally I'd make Goodes captain again. Let him lead us until he retires. He bleeds red & white. In the meantime we can start looking for someone to fill the role.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Maybe stop being so negative and get behind the boys who no doubt feel even shittier about their performance than we do. We can't change what happened yesterday so no point crying about it.
Stop being so negative! Are you for real, did you watch yesterday's game? If you did how would you describe it because I think swansfan51 is spot on with his/her description. There's no point sugar coating it, call it for what it was. And by god the players better f**king be more shittier about it then the fans. They were a disgrace and I hope they admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back