Autopsy Knee Jerk Reactions - The Sky is Falling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swannies will be back ... Too much class, they just had a bad day.
... believe me, at the end of the 2012 GF ... Most of us Hawks felt the same way ... best team all year, yet dropped the cup on the biggest day.

Swans are favs for 2015 for a reason ... They are an awesome side .. they'll be back ...

Ur side didnt put up a pissweak effort in 2012 tho

5.14 Between Bud, Rough and Hale is where we f%$ked it! ... Sh%te kicking on goal!
... In saying that, Sydney were awesome that day ... Brilliant effort, thoroughly deserved the cup

Still could of gone either way

If anything saturday scoreline flattered us

5.14 Between Bud, Rough and Hale is where we f%$ked it! ... Sh%te kicking on goal!
... In saying that, Sydney were awesome that day ... Brilliant effort, thoroughly deserved the cup
A Grand Final loss knowing we gave everything against Hawthorn is far better then not giving a crap at all. Sydney were weak and had no fight on Saturday. The Hawks deserve the win as they showed the hunger and drive required to win a GF, relentless until the very end.

A Grand Final loss knowing we gave everything against Hawthorn is far better then not giving a crap at all. Sydney were weak and had no fight on Saturday. The Hawks deserve the win as they showed the hunger and drive required to win a GF, relentless until the very end.

We didnt even get some junk time f ffs

Worrying part ... All our best players on Saturday are 30+ ... lucky to play another 2 seasons!
... you guys have a much brighter outlook ... I would have no hesitation putting $$$ on Sydney in 2015 and beyond.

Believe me, after 2012 ... it burns ... Sure you guys will reload and come out swinging in 2015 ...

I've put myself on a media ban to try and stop feeling depressed, has any word come from the club in the form of an apology or some sort of explanation as to what the * happened and what they are planning on doing to fix it?

I've put myself on a media ban to try and stop feeling depressed, has any word come from the club in the form of an apology or some sort of explanation as to what the **** happened and what they are planning on doing to fix it?
LOL at the concept of that ever happening. We've had a copy and paste article from McVeigh saying the same crap he did after the previous losses if that helps?

I've put myself on a media ban to try and stop feeling depressed, has any word come from the club in the form of an apology or some sort of explanation as to what the **** happened and what they are planning on doing to fix it?

No idea. Doing the same thing. Haven't seen a second of footage from the game. Switched the radio station over as soon as the game was mentioned. Logging onto bigfooty a few hours ago is the first football related thing I've done since the final siren.

Not sure I'm in the mood for any "We'll learn from this", "This will drive us to improve" BS from the players just yet to be honest.

No idea. Doing the same thing. Haven't seen a second of footage from the game. Switched the radio station over as soon as the game was mentioned. Logging onto bigfooty a few hours ago is the first football related thing I've done since the final siren.

Not sure I'm in the mood for any "We'll learn from this", "This will drive us to improve" BS from the players just yet to be honest.

Same here, 1116SEN has been replaced by Triple J for the remainder of 2014 and well into 2015.

Wasn't long off happening anyway, off-season on SEN is ******* painful to listen to, even more so now.

I caught McVeigh's comments after the game and wanted to throw my phone through the wall, maybe I'm not ready for comment yet either.

Who deleted the 2015 best 22 thread as I would rather be discussing the future right now than getting stuck on what just happened. The 2015 thread was a good thread and I have no idea why it is gone.

Mods lost the plot like the club leaders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have spent the last couple days on a media blackout focusing on defusing the Sydney Swans 2014 GF bomb in my head. Went well. Have surfaced to read your find folks opinions. Sydney Forum Big Footy, a place of football media re-entry post the gutless stain of Saturday.

I feel good knowing that this will burn for Horse. It should. Clarko is a wiley old dog and just got his club greatness. And I think he probably reminded Horse about an aspect of footy he's ignored since entering the coaches box- that true grit, hardness, competitiveness, that one element that makes it personal and takes it above a ball game. Hawks had it in spades, and Clarko seems to breed it. We're a team that has drifted to valuing professionalism through preparation and disciplined recovery whilst playing the numbers and have forgotten about comradery and determination. .We have the tightest and most disciplined structures and are the ground ball- to advantage kings, and a text book defense but we couldn't rise to the occasion- we were bullied into submission. Simple as that.
Analytically, I'm seeing a lot of the same interpretations of the loss as mine- gutless midfield, team defence but I'm also seeing talk about our rucks and our KPD - neither of these areas were a problem IMO. We lost it in the clearances, we lost it at ground level, we lost it through our pressure. WE DIDN'T WANT IT ENOUGH. We couldn't even compete.

The most daunting reason for me about why we lost on Saturday was on-field leadership. Or lack there of. We saw Luke Hodge and what he brought to the table and what he did for Hawthorn on Saturday. At the Swans I knew in past years we had leaders who embodied those same qualities.Why do the Swans have co-captains- to share responsibility, to share the load etc. Sometimes we need someone that can do it under a tidal wave of heat. Someone, anyone. Under Kelly or Hall or Kirk we knew we had that. Under McVeigh-Jack I wasn't certain. After Saturday I'm dubious. McVeigh-Jack haven't done it for a while on gameday and when we needed them they were nowhere to be seen. After all his pointing and carrying on antics I'm cool on McVeigh. While Jack with his soft (perhaps due to injury) season I'm now concerned about leadership. In a big way. No one engaged physically on Saturday- where was the retaliation? the comradery? the LEADERSHIP.

I did suggest after the game that it was "the loss we had to have". Our window is wide open. If this is the fuel for greatness then I might move on but for now, the club need to show us that the foundations our club is built on will be fortified going forward. To lose such a big contest, with the preparation we had in the part of the ground we have developed as our signature, that embodies what Roos/ Kirk created as our bloods brand, hurts the most.

CARN THE BLOODS

Who deleted the 2015 best 22 thread as I would rather be discussing the future right now than getting stuck on what just happened. The 2015 thread was a good thread and I have no idea why it is gone.

Because it's just another w@nk to distract from the cold hard reality of what happened ... right now, who cares? I'm with MalceskiFan et al ... because of work I've been immersed in post-GF crud for two days, having pretty much avoided everything to do with the GF from about 5 minutes before halftime. there is NOTHING redeemable in football right now ... I used to get up for trade week but we got franklin last year and that changed the image of the club in my mind ... we tried to buy a flag and it failed. Maybe it will work next season, maybe tarde week will be fun but right now, bah humbug ... trying to pick our "best 22 for 2015" would surely mean leaving out about 16 blokes who ran on to the MCG on Saturday. I don't give a toss ...

Have spent the last couple days on a media blackout focusing on defusing the Sydney Swans 2014 GF bomb in my head. Went well. Have surfaced to read your find folks opinions. Sydney Forum Big Footy, a place of football media re-entry post the gutless stain of Saturday.

I feel good knowing that this will burn for Horse. It should. Clarko is a wiley old dog and just got his club greatness. And I think he probably reminded Horse about an aspect of footy he's ignored since entering the coaches box- that true grit, hardness, competitiveness, that one element that makes it personal and takes it above a ball game. Hawks had it in spades, and Clarko seems to breed it. We're a team that has drifted to valuing professionalism through preparation and disciplined recovery whilst playing the numbers and have forgotten about comradery and determination. .We have the tightest and most disciplined structures and are the ground ball- to advantage kings, and a text book defense but we couldn't rise to the occasion- we were bullied into submission. Simple as that.
Analytically, I'm seeing a lot of the same interpretations of the loss as mine- gutless midfield, team defence but I'm also seeing talk about our rucks and our KPD - neither of these areas were a problem IMO. We lost it in the clearances, we lost it at ground level, we lost it through our pressure. WE DIDN'T WANT IT ENOUGH. We couldn't even compete.

The most daunting reason for me about why we lost on Saturday was on-field leadership. Or lack there of. We saw Luke Hodge and what he brought to the table and what he did for Hawthorn on Saturday. At the Swans I knew in past years we had leaders who embodied those same qualities.Why do the Swans have co-captains- to share responsibility, to share the load etc. Sometimes we need someone that can do it under a tidal wave of heat. Someone, anyone. Under Kelly or Hall or Kirk we knew we had that. Under McVeigh-Jack I wasn't certain. After Saturday I'm dubious. McVeigh-Jack haven't done it for a while on gameday and when we needed them they were nowhere to be seen. After all his pointing and carrying on antics I'm cool on McVeigh. While Jack with his soft (perhaps due to injury) season I'm now concerned about leadership. In a big way. No one engaged physically on Saturday- where was the retaliation? the comradery? the LEADERSHIP.

I did suggest after the game that it was "the loss we had to have". Our window is wide open. If this is the fuel for greatness then I might move on but for now, the club need to show us that the foundations our club is built on will be fortified going forward. To lose such a big contest, with the preparation we had in the part of the ground we have developed as our signature, that embodies what Roos/ Kirk created as our bloods brand, hurts the most.

CARN THE BLOODS

Excellent post.

It's hard to know whether we can pin this on McVeigh or Jack's captaincy but there was a gaping chasm in leadership between the 2 teams on Saturday.

Like many Ive avoided AFL since saturday I took comfort in seeing one Swans fan at the airport to greet them on the news, what im not sure is if he beat them around the head with that flag he had or not as the footage cut to the next segment.

One single fan turning up at the airport to see them arrive is generous imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back