secretsaintsfan

Debutant
Dec 13, 2009
West Western Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool Football Club
Has anyone got any news or rumours surrounding the upcoming KNTFL season????

Coaches:
Borders - Andrew Michelmore (reappointed)
Bordertown - Simon Fidge (new)
Mundulla - Alan Milligan (returning)
Keith - Brad Richardson (reappointed)
Penola - Tony Porter (new)
K/L - Alan Bennett (reappointed)
Naracoorte - Dean Woosnam (reappointed)
Kyby - Scott Carberry (reappointed)
Lucindale - Todd Price (reappointed)
Kingston - Tim Richards (returning)
Padthaway - Tim Leehane (reappointed)

What bout gains / losses of players???

http://www.naracoorteherald.com.au/...s/preseason-gears-up/2425604.aspx?storypage=0

Any other news???

Hey just trying to get some background info on our new assistant coach sam graetz from lucindale! wondering how he plays and his leadership skills. Thanks

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

Leigh Symons from Naracoorte to North Gambier
Dixon from Naracoorte to Edenhope-Apsley

Good article that, the Naracoorte journo must be a real solid bloke ;)

Go Border Districts!

PS- you'll find that Leehane is not re-appointed, but new. As the article says. Please don't tell me I've cocked it up and he was coaching Padthaway last year.

Spoke to Tim Leehane, Padthaway's senior coach yesterday. He is definitely a new coach. Played in their only A grade flag in 93, has been on the Eyre Peninsula and in Adelaide. He's pretty confident about the year ahead. Seems like the club is going well.

Speaking to Tony Porter, Penola's new senior coach, tomorrow. Will let you guys know how that pans out.

Border Districts are heading on a pre-season camp to Middleton this weekend.

Just back from Middleton. Pretty good trip, good team bonding and able to have a bit of a run in new surroundings.

Spoke to Tony Porter on Friday- Penola have lost the adelaide players they had last year but picked up a couple more who now live and work in the area. He said they pride themselves on having all their players in the local area instead of travelling to play.

Its looking like bordertown is going to be fairly strong this year. Has anyone heard that the sacfl want to move naracoorte and penola into the western border next season.

Haven't heard and not sure of the validity of that.

Both geographically close but Penola would be very hard-pressed to succeed in the WBFL. Naracoorte too, given the well documented outs they have had.

Fair enough if either team was dominating the KNTFL, but don't know why you'd rob the KNTFL of one traditionally strong team (Naracoorte) and an up and coming team (Penola) in order for both to make up the numbers in the WBFL.

Both geographically close but Penola would be very hard-pressed to succeed in the WBFL. Naracoorte too, given the well documented outs they have had.

Fair enough if either team was dominating the KNTFL, but don't know why you'd rob the KNTFL of one traditionally strong team (Naracoorte) and an up and coming team (Penola) in order for both to make up the numbers in the WBFL.

Comments were made to the papers when the heywood/hamilton situation flared up last year. Geographically it frees up portland which I believe is the only vic wbfl club that could compete in the hampden. But I think youre right they would have trouble long term as both towns feed more than 1 club.

I've also heard that about naracoorte and penola. The review stretches from keith in sa to camperdown in victoria so you cant rule anything out. Who has naracoorte lost besides dixon? Im hearing Bordertown are the favourites this year. Mundullas nearly 15 year unbeaten record to bordertown should fall this year.

Top 5

Bordertown
Lucindale
Naracoorte
Kyby
Keith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naracoorte have lost Dixon, Jones, Boon, Prebble and a few others. Have recruited Michael Brighton and Michael Paisley back to the club, as well as Joe Foster from Lucindale. Tim Harkness is back for Bordertown but they still have a fair bit to go to make ground on the top sides.

Aside from Kingston, most sides should be competitive week in week out.

Look out for Padthaway and Kaniva/Leeor United this year. Both have stacked their sides with recruits.

But I think youre right they would have trouble long term as both towns feed more than 1 club.

Exactly. I live in Naracoorte but drive out to Frances to play for Border Districts. I think if Naracoorte was to switch leagues you'd see a few players distributed between us, Padthaway, Kyby and Lucindale because they don't want to travel so far for games. Naracoorte is convenient because it is more or less smack bang in the middle.

Not to mention the extra grades they will have to fill - under 18,16,14 and 3 levels of under 12. Also fairly expensive to run a club in a major league, clubs turnover around 300 grand a year and dont have much to show for it.

Naracoorte would be fairly vulnerable in a different league to the other clubs but if they could get a majority of the top players in the region at the club in a major league than look out. How did they go in their trial game against north.

They got done by North. Just too strong and Nara blooded a few kids Border Districts lost to West Gambier in Gambier by 3 points in the end.

Regarding the "major league" comment by Grimesy. What makes WBFL more major than KNTFL? because the mount is technically a city? Wouldn't call leagues like the SGL and PLFL major leagues.

No sane-minded KNTFL official would support even entertaining this idea, and I'd be willing to bet that the thought has never crossed Naracoorte's mind. This talk would all be pushed by WBFL people.

They got done by North. Just too strong and Nara blooded a few kids Border Districts lost to West Gambier in Gambier by 3 points in the end.

Regarding the "major league" comment by Grimesy. What makes WBFL more major than KNTFL? because the mount is technically a city? Wouldn't call leagues like the SGL and PLFL major leagues.

No sane-minded KNTFL official would support even entertaining this idea, and I'd be willing to bet that the thought has never crossed Naracoorte's mind. This talk would all be pushed by WBFL people.

By the sacfl not wbfl after all they are the ones that decide on the structure of leagues. Major league or major club is a license.

But it's WBFL people saying that the SACFL are going to do this, right?

You'd think that if they were planning to do so, the KNTFL teams would know by now and it would be all over town? Rather than waiting for the end of the season and then saying "Oh by the way, get ready to travel to mount gambier every other weekend next year".

I'm not ruling it out, but it is highly unlikely at the current time. With the position I'm in, I am regularly in contact with the clubs. This issue has never come up.

Onto the footy- seems the rumours that Brad Ottens will play a few games for Padthaway have grown legs.

Brad Ottens would be a big $$$ signing. Where does padthaway get their money from. How are lucindale shaping up according to the kntfl website there has been a few losses.

Lucindale have lost a few- Martling, Josh Teakle, Joe Foster, Sam Graetz etc. Will still be a good team but don't know if they'll be as dominant.

Guess rich farmers at Padthaway help. They have 13 players travelling from Adelaide as it is. They'll give it a real shake.

Border Districts have recruited well, too.

Get the pm...find the article?

The article suggests that "Penola and Naracoorte would be competitive in the WBFL". In july 2011

Both teams have lost a fair bit of talent since then- Davoren and Hicks for Penola, and the already publicised outs for Naracoorte.

Plus I'd definitely see more players leave the team if they had to go that far south every other weekend from Naracoorte. Once again- Naracoorte leaving the KNTFL would be terrible for the league as a whole in the long term.

Short term it would be good for the sides that are close to Naracoorte geographically like Kyby, Lucindale, Padthaway and Border Districts. But in the long run it would not make sense.

The article suggests that "Penola and Naracoorte would be competitive in the WBFL". In july 2011

Both teams have lost a fair bit of talent since then- Davoren and Hicks for Penola, and the already publicised outs for Naracoorte.

Plus I'd definitely see more players leave the team if they had to go that far south every other weekend from Naracoorte. Once again- Naracoorte leaving the KNTFL would be terrible for the league as a whole in the long term.

Short term it would be good for the sides that are close to Naracoorte geographically like Kyby, Lucindale, Padthaway and Border Districts. But in the long run it would not make sense.

I agree with everything you said I just dont understand why they made it public. Going by the article it sounds as the vcfl & sacfl have been discussing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back