KPF Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the young talent but for short term success we need someone to slot in ahead of them and be a reliable contributor each week.

Carlisle/Dixon, Freeman, Close and Mcstay.

Best Fwd line in the future. :D

Carlisle-Dixon, our father/father/son in 25 years time.

No wonder Victoria is against gay marriage - it'd screw up the father/son rule.

This is a regularly scheduled dose of random posting.

He's said it before but Lethal's comment that you just want your young talls to "show signs" is just so apt.

McStay showed signs as a forward last year and again in the pre season. It has been a lean run since but he showed more than "signs" today.

Harris also showed signs in his first couple
of games. He moves very well for his size and he reads the flight of the footy so well. But a game like that is one out of the box - he picked off the footy with regularity. Those "signs" were franked by today's game.

Neither is still a guarantee to become a genuine force in a KP role but it is a whole lot easier to keep the faith after today's performances.

He's said it before but Lethal's comment that you just want your young talls to "show signs" is just so apt.

McStay showed signs as a forward last year and again in the pre season. It has been a lean run since but he showed more than "signs" today.

of games. He moves very well for his size and he reads the flight of the footy so well. But a game like that is one out of the box - he picked off the footy with regularity. Those "signs" were franked by today's game.

Neither is still a guarantee to become a genuine force in a KP role but it is a whole lot easier to keep the faith after today's performances.

I think that's exactly what is so pleasing about the win today. The best features of our game were the things it is hardest to be optimistic about.

I think this is exactly where we are at. I think it will become clear at the end of the year where our KP stocks are at. When you are not constantly winning its easy to become negative about developing players. As you say keep the faith.

Clarke - key back
Gardiner - 3rd tall defender
McStay - key back/forward
Paparone - 3rd tall
Andrews - key back/ forward
Freeman - key forward/ relief ruck
Close - key forward

I think we're looking pretty good for young KPPs.

Clarke - key back
Paparone - 3rd tall
Close - key forward

One extremely promising game. Can't sit on our hands. All young KPs benefit developing beside a mature player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke - key back
Paparone - 3rd tall
Close - key forward

A win changes things a lot, eh?

As little as 12 hours ago, a lot of us were bemoaning not having anyone who even looked like a forward's a-hole, needing the #1 draft pick for the next 15 years as well as Priority picks galore. (not saying this was you)

Now we are flush with young KPP's and the world is our oyster,

Ahh footy.......gotta love it.

I can't remember seeing a more dominant fourth game for a KPP as Andrews yesterday.

He was in all the right spots, judged the ball flight perfectly and is a great contested mark. I remember having a little chuckle when SCPaige said he was worth a first round pick, he's worth a top 5 pick on what he showed yesterday.

I can't remember seeing a more dominant fourth game for a KPP as Andrews yesterday.

He was in all the right spots, judged the ball flight perfectly and is a great contested mark. I remember having a little chuckle when SCPaige said he was worth a first round pick, he's worth a top 5 pick on what he showed yesterday.
Shuddup. You'll just get Eddie ranting again.

Yeah he goes alright for draft pick 61.

Excellent post, and credit where credit is due. Paige's excitement seems easier to understand having watched him play in the role he's spent most time in.

Lets just try to remember this game when he inevitably has a few laclustre performances. There will be ups and downs but slowly the ups will be more frequent. What is exciting is he ceiling seems to be quite high which is what you want in a prospective KPP. Bit by bit his floor will increase but its not going to be without some more pain as we go. There has been a tendancy to get very bullish on these young KPP when they have a good game but we need to make sure we don't get too down on them when they struggle. So far this has happened with both Close and McStay, worth keeping in mind.

The fact that this thread was started in July 2012 and is still going and topical says it all really.
The dogs probably ran one from the end of Chris Grant's career till Tom Boyd arrived.

There are probably 10 genuinely good KPF in the comp so it's not THAT surprising.

Cloke effects one game a year. Tippett slips in behind Buddy but still hasn't had great impact.

-Cameron
-Franklin
-Hawkins
-Tex
-Kennedy
-J Riewoldt
-Roughead (when he plays there)
-Rooey and Pav are past their best
-Shultz?

That's not many for an 18 team comp.

Hogan and Dixon look likely but not yet.

Mooney proves you can go a fair way with committed workers, but they are very hard to find and develop.

I was trying to think of similar performances last night but couldn't. I remember Cameron going okay in his first year but other than that... certainly as a KPD there hasn't been many like it

Next season, round 1, our key forwards SHOULD be Freeman+McStay with a third tall being Burger/Martin. However, IF we can get someone like Dixon from Gold Coast and it wont cost us the whole kit and caboodle, I say we do it.

I was trying to think of similar performances last night but couldn't. I remember Cameron going okay in his first year but other than that... certainly as a KPD there hasn't been many like it

I remember Harry Taylor playing quite a fair few very good games in his debut year in 2008, probably the last KPD I can remember having a great year in his first year. Talia was good but he made his debut in his second year on a list, as did Davis.

Encouraging signs. Best thing was he knows when to mark it seems and is a good mark at that. Most of our KPD's are punch first types. If Harris can maintain the courage to keep marking it certainly adds another contrast to our defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back