Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes because all you blokes here are actually club recruiters ..rather than supporters talking about what they would like to see happen ..and pretending you are in the know .

It's not about claiming to be a recruiter or "in the know" it's just about being fair.

If somebody tries to tell me that Will Hoskin-Elliott if traded (which will NEVER happen) is worth a 2nd round draft pick I feel it is my duty to call that person out as a mental midget.

Similarly if I put up Marcus Bontempelli or Lewis Taylor as worth a 2nd rounder + Liam Sumner I would expect the same level of contempt towards me.

GWS are fair traders but there must be some parity. Don't expect caviar in exchange for chopped liver.

Last edited:
It's more that we try to keep a stable squad rather than overrating our players. When a player wants to leave, 95% of the time we get a deal done.

Gold Coast are the ones who overrate their players, not us. Remember when they turned down Hooker + 19 for Caddy? Hooker by himself is better than Caddy, let alone adding in Kavanagh.
Hooker 2 yrs ago was nowhere near as good as he is now, even last year. Dont rip into trades with hindsight.

Your club is famous for being extremely difficult to deal with.

They were offering our mob, pick 5 and Casboult for pick 1. Lel.

Thats not as "out there" a trade as your making out. Casboult is an elite mark who would take an immense amount of pressure off developing Spencer White with Riewoldt at the tail end of his career. You'd still pick up a quality player with pick 5-7 too.

As far as trades go, Saints could do a lot lot worse.

Thats not as "out there" a trade as your making out. Casboult is an elite mark who would take an immense amount of pressure off developing Spencer White with Riewoldt at the tail end of his career. You'd still pick up a quality player with pick 5-7 too.

As far as trades go, Saints could do a lot lot worse.
Blair+8 for 1 yeah?

Where is pick 5 coming from? Don't the blues have pick 6 (likely to be 7)?

It's an alleged trade that was floated before Patton did his knee.

Carlton lose Casboult, Garlett, pick 5/6
Gain Tom Boyd

St Kilda lose pick 1
Gain Casboult + pick 5/6

GWS lose Tom Boyd
Gain Garlett + pick 1

When queried further, the talk was that most picks 1 through to 7 are pretty evenly thought of by club recruiters this year, with a bit of a drop off to pick 8.

Gain Tom Boyd

St Kilda lose pick 1
Gain Casboult + pick 5/6

GWS lose Tom Boyd
Gain Garlett + pick 1

When queried further, the talk was that most picks 1 through to 7 are pretty evenly thought of by club recruiters this year, with a bit of a drop off to pick 8.

GWS haven't stopped lolling, Garlett??????? seriously we'd pay him not to play for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gain Tom Boyd

St Kilda lose pick 1
Gain Casboult + pick 5/6

GWS lose Tom Boyd
Gain Garlett + pick 1

Ok sounds good. IMO that's a ridiculous trade, as I think others have pointed that out already.

Just to be clear, the blues have pick 6 (likely to be 7) don't they?

Nice try, he kicked 12 in the 9 games he managed to get selected for Carlton in this year...
He would play NEAFL for us.

You're jumping in without knowing the story. Regardless of where he ends up, a change of scenery (ie: outside Melbourne) is exactly what he needs. He'll likely go as cheap as chips, but he will fire next season for that lucky club and everyone will say "Carlton are morons for letting him go" when we never had a say in it.

Ok sounds good. IMO that's a ridiculous trade, as I think others have pointed that out already.

Just to be clear, the blues have pick 6 (likely to be 7) don't they?

Correct, like I said it was before Patton did his knee so it was speculation at the time.

Hooker 2 yrs ago was nowhere near as good as he is now, even last year. Dont rip into trades with hindsight.

Your club is famous for being extremely difficult to deal with.
I was happy the trade didn't go through at the time. Other than Houli, how many players didn't end up where they want to go to?

And I like that. We try to get the maximum worth out of a deal. What are we supposed to do, roll over and accept deals that have no benefit to us ?

It's more that we try to keep a stable squad rather than overrating our players. When a player wants to leave, 95% of the time we get a deal done.

Gold Coast are the ones who overrate their players, not us. Remember when they turned down Hooker + 19 for Caddy? Hooker by himself is better than Caddy, let alone adding in Kavanagh.

I'd still take Caddy in that trade.

I'd still take Caddy in that trade.
Well you're an idiot then. Hooker is in the best 5 key defenders in the AFL. Would be in the top 100 players in the AFL easily. Caddy wouldn't be in the top 200. Let alone adding in Kavanagh?

What's the feeling at GWS Andre the Giant re Jaksch, JOR, Sumner, Stewart and those uncontracted kids? What're the 'trade hypotheticals' coming from your end?

Mate, I know as much as you. My inkling however is that Jaksch and O'Rourke will definitely be on the table, I also think we will be happy to do something with Sumner (contracted) if the right offer is forthcoming or if he can be packaged for a pick upgrade or player.Giles too will probably be moved given Mumford's dominance and the emergence of Lobb.

You can forget Stewart, he has re-signed and we have put a lot of work into him as he was skinny as a weed when we got him and had a back injury which he has overcome.

Jimmy has worked his backside off building a good physique and has shown in the last couple of weeks the player he can become. Apart from all that he is super popular at the club and seems to have settled well in Sydney. Until we are clearer on the futures of Cameron and Boyd we will not even be contemplating moving our other talls.

I suspect in 2/3 years when some cannot get games that is when they will become available. We have a surplus of talls and young tall defenders so some will need to be moved in time.

No doubt clubs will ask about Cameron, Shiel, Tomlinson and Boyd but I think will be nipped in the bud pretty quickly as they are untouchable.

Blokes that there could be discussion apart from the above might be Whiley, Townsend, Williams (very unlikely), Wilson, Buntine (unlikely), Phillips and Golds.

Just speculating though!

Last edited:
Cheers for the insight - yeah thought I heard something of that notion about Stewart. Hope the Blues are in SOS' ear about Jaksch and JOR but no idea what both clubs would agree on to get something done...

Mate, I know as much as you. My inkling however is that Jaksch and O'Rourke will definitely be on the table, I also think we will be happy to do something with Sumner (contracted) if the right offer is forthcoming or if he can be packaged for a pick upgrade or player.Giles too will probably be moved given Mumford's dominance and the emergence of Lobb.

You can forget Stewart, he has re-signed and we have put a lot of work into him as he was skinny as a weed when we got him and had a back injury which he has overcome.

Jimmy has worked his backside off building a good physique and has shown in the last couple of weeks the player he can become. Apart from all that he is super popular at the club and seems to have settled well in Sydney. Until we are clearer on the futures of Cameron and Boyd we will not even be contemplating moving our other talls.

I suspect in 2/3 years when some cannot get games that is when they will become available. We have a surplus of talls and young tall defenders so some will need to be moved in time.

No doubt clubs will ask about Cameron, Shiel, Tomlinson and Boyd but I think will be nipped in the bud pretty quickly as they are untouchable.

Blokes that there could be discussion apart from the above might be Whiley, Townsend, Williams (very unlikely), Wilson, Buntine (unlikely), Phillips and Golds.

Just speculating though!
What would you expect in return for Sumner? One of the Dogs posters is a big fan. Have the impression he's quite happy up there though.

On his own a 2nd rounder I'd say. Is contracted so we probably don't move him unless a good deal.
Cheers. I'd be more than happy to do that deal alone if we're not chasing Jaksch, good player with a bit of mongrel in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back