Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

KJ & H-E for pick 5 and Robinson sounds better to me than KJ & JOR for pick 5.
JOR is not exactly living up to a No.2 draft pick. KJ is worth a late 2nd rounder at best, JOR is worth about the same.
If we use pick 5 it should only be used in combination to get Boyd! Spencer White would be awesome too....
Late second rounder at best, k m8

Doubt it, what use does GWS have for a late 20's pick?

They have 4 live draft picks at the moment after the announcement of Hunt's and Gilham's retirements. That's before delistings. Are you telling me GWS are going to acquire a minimum 4 first rd picks to fill these available spots?

They have 4 live draft picks at the moment after the announcement of Hunt's and Gilham's retirements. That's before delistings. Are you telling me GWS are going to acquire a minimum 4 first rd picks to fill these available spots?

They haven't been filling the whole quota of their list. I think they currently have 46 players on their main list, with the limit next year being 46.

Hypothetically they could delist one more player to give them the minimum three draft picks they have to take, and then use their first three picks in the draft which are all before Carlton's second.

I guess GWS are in the unique situation (unlike Brisbane last year) where they can afford to 'send a message' to players wanting to leave that it won't be as easy as the player nominating a club, and said club holding GWS over a barrel. The longer term benefits of that in regards to other future want aways on the list may be worth the second round pick they reject.

Obviously it's more likely a deal is made, but it would be interesting if it did happen.

They haven't been filling the whole quota of their list. I think they currently have 46 players on their main list, with the limit next year being 46.

Hypothetically they could delist one more player to give them the minimum three draft picks they have to take, and then use their first three picks in the draft which are all before Carlton's second.

I guess GWS are in the unique situation (unlike Brisbane last year) where they can afford to 'send a message' to players wanting to leave that it won't be as easy as the player nominating a club, and said club holding GWS over a barrel. The longer term benefits of that in regards to other future want aways on the list may be worth the second round pick they reject.

Obviously it's more likely a deal is made, but it would be interesting if it did happen.
Lol send a message, this isn't the mafia they'll do whats the best in terms of risk and reward.

Lol send a message, this isn't the mafia they'll do whats the best in terms of risk and reward.

Yep. And if GWS decide that by avoiding situations where players leaving nominate clubs they get better compensation in the future, that's the decision they'll make, mafia allusions or not.

Yep. And if GWS decide that by avoiding situations where players leaving nominate clubs they get better compensation in the future, that's the decision they'll make, mafia allusions or not.

Yeah, you can apply "risk and reward" to individual transactions or you can consider the long game.

Reckon being an expansion club is a bit like being new at prison. You might have to kick someone's arse on the first day to get some respect long term. Jaksch is the sort of unflavoured yoghurt player (again, can't quite understand the fervour for him here) that you could probably afford to lose for nothing in order to send a message that you aren't going to play the role of "feeder club".

Easily. They already have two and have a third at the start of the second round. They also have the ability to trade in players ;)

Easily. They already have two and have a third at the start of the second round. They also have the ability to trade in players ;)

Am I missing something or do you get to trade players in for free these days? Trade a player in and either give a pick or player. No net gain there. Meaning there's still a list spot to fill.

JOR is not exactly living up to a No.2 draft pick. KJ is worth a late 2nd rounder at best, JOR is worth about the same.
If we use pick 5 it should only be used in combination to get Boyd! Spencer White would be awesome too....

err Hoskin-Elliot would cost pick 5 alone in the open market.

GWS very unlikely to use more than 3 picks, they already have that many inside pick 20, our list is oversized (by concession) and we need to start paying kids adults wages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS very unlikely to use more than 3 picks, they already have that many inside pick 20, our list is oversized (by concession) and we need to start paying kids adults wages.
I'm just going off what a giant supporter said today following the announcement of their retirements. He seems pretty obsessed with the club so I assume he knows what he's talking about.

Every time I come back and read this post I find an extra moronic point.

It's the post that keeps on giving...

I'd do the Jaksch and GWS Compo Pick 20 deal for Carltons Pick 6.

And i think it is a deal that would suit both Clubs.

Jaksch obviously wants to go hme to Victoria. Carlton need him and have the available trade tool (Pick 6).

By including the Compo Pick along with Jaksch, GWS keep their 2nd Rounder (23) in case they need to bid it on Finlayson or maybe even Steele.

Carlton go from Pick 6 and Pick 27 to Jaksch, Pick20 and Pick 27.

GWS go from Pick 3, Pick 20 and Pick 23 to Pick 3, Pick 6 and Pick 23 while losing Jaksch.

BTW, you could substitute Footscray and their first Pick in this scenario too if Jaksch prefers them. Both Carlton, WB and Jaksch suit each other.

I'm sure GWS would rather first 22 mid 20's players instead of picks this trade period though. That would be their first strategy this trade period. But hard to see any player going there. We'll see i suppose.

They might have to again settle for high draft picks, but it does sorta perpetuate a continuous Groundhog Day cycle. Somehow they have to get better quickly to encourage their young interstaters to stay.

I'd do the Jaksch and GWS Compo Pick 20 deal for Carltons Pick 6.

And i think it is a deal that would suit both Clubs.

Jaksch obviously wants to go hme to Victoria. Carlton need him and have the available trade tool (Pick 6).

By including the Compo Pick along with Jaksch, GWS keep their 2nd Rounder (23) in case they need to bid it on Finlayson or maybe even Steele.

Carlton go from Pick 6 and Pick 27 to Jaksch, Pick20 and Pick 27.

GWS go from Pick 3, Pick 20 and Pick 23 to Pick 3, Pick 6 and Pick 23 while losing Jaksch.

BTW, you could substitute Footscray and their first Pick in this scenario too if Jaksch prefers them. Both Carlton, WB and Jaksch suit each other.

I'm sure GWS would rather first 22 mid 20's players instead of picks this trade period though. That would be their first strategy this trade period. But hard to see any player going there. We'll see i suppose.

They might have to again settle for high draft picks, but it does sorta perpetuate a continuous Groundhog Day cycle. Somehow they have to get better quickly to encourage their young interstaters to stay.
Its way overs for him. I would be horrified if we swapped pick 5-6 for him even with a return for pick 21. In my opinion he will select a team and that team will offer a second rounder for him, if the giants dont like it they can threaten PSD, in the end they might be better sending him to the PSD to make a statement.

Its way overs for him. I would be horrified if we swapped pick 5-6 for him even with a return for pick 21. In my opinion he will select a team and that team will offer a second rounder for him, if the giants dont like it they can threaten PSD, in the end they might be better sending him to the PSD to make a statement.

I'm a fan of Jaksch. Think he's as good a prospect as Durdin or Lever or Goddard or Marchbank. These are the kind of kids Carlton and WB would be considering with Picks 5 and 6 apparently.

I think some people are underestimating Jaksch. No reason his career trajectory can't mirror guys like Henderson or Talia or E.McKenzie etc. I like what i've seen of Jaksch and he has had the 2 solid years of learning and maturing that KPP's need.

Both Carlton and WB are perfect fits for a 20yo 1st Rounder KPP looking to come home to Vic.

I reckon Jaksch and the Compo pick 20 is a good deal for either Carlton or WB....and importantly also for GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back