Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokiKan

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Sydney
Just heard on SEN. Tim Watson & Andy Maher saying the word is coming from a well connected source.
What do we think of that?

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't get it. If he's not getting back to QLD, what's the point of leaving Adelaide? Unless there is some other reason he's unhappy there?

jokiKan

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Sydney
Do we have to give up draft picks to get him? If so what would Adelaide want?

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
All builds towards the long kicking gameplan with tall targets in the forward line style that the club has built this Premiership around. Would be a natural fit to take us forward - especially with Goodes an LRT in the sunset of their careers....

Did I say sunset...call it a supernova!!!

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I don't get it. If he's not getting back to QLD, what's the point of leaving Adelaide? Unless there is some other reason he's unhappy there?

This. If 800k at the Crows is not enough, I would have thought it would be genuine homesickness to go back to QLD.

What a saga this is turning out to be!

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Makes no sense but hell yes if it's true. Unfortunately the Mike Pyke story would be over though most likely as it would be a straight swap into the 22.

I'm not buying it though. As has been said, the only reason you'd think he would leave is homesickness, so it's Adelaide or Brisbane/GC.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Do we have cap space? I'd rather get Kennedy wrapped up on a decent package and being premiership players adds value to most of the other uncontracted 22 from yesterday.

I thought i read somewhere that we're only paying the required 91% of the cap, so yes we'd have the room if we were to make a play.

Will have to wait and say. This signing would get me very excited going into 2013. Bit hot and cold is Tippet and can get the yips in front of goal, but he;d be a genuine marking target going forward and a perfect foil for Reid/Goodes. Sign him up.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Reid, Tippett & Goodes.

tumblr_lfefunCXtn1qd2ktw.gif

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Indeed, but I'm not expecting too much out of Rohan next year. I'd hope most fans are also tempering theirs too. His injury was so ridiculous that I have to think there will be growing pains of sorts as he regains full fitness and strength. 2014 is what I am looking for for Rohan.

Sadly yes. I was hoping half-way through 2013. But it's more likely we won't be seeing what he is capable of until 2014.

EDIT: Christ, the Tippett thread on the Adelaide board is 230 pages long. lol

jokiKan

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Sydney
Makes no sense but hell yes if it's true. Unfortunately the Mike Pyke story would be over though most likely as it would be a straight swap into the 22.

If he does come, I would rather LRT instead of Grundy in defense, Tippett to play LRT's role up forward, and keep Mummy/Pyke doing their thing - arguably the best ruck combo in the league.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Christ, Kurt 'Repeated Concussions' Tippett with the Bloods ethos in his head would probably kill himself in the field...

Haha best Lols of this forum for a while.

As I have previously said I'm all for it!

JimmySwan

Team Captain
Jul 8, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Im not too sure about Tippett. My prediction is we'd have to give up a draft pick + player to land him because we won't have any top 10 picks obviously this year and i don't think he is worth a top 10 pick. He's a good player when he's on song, but his concussion injuries and apparently he was homesick, i think he wants money to be honest.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Could be that Brisbane/GC aren't offering him enough so his management are just putting out rumours to up his price. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

If he did come to Sydney he'd be to Adelaide what Darren Jolly is to us.

Arwib

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders
Grundy for Tippett straight swap? Would be tempting fate too much with our lack of upcoming KPDs I suspect. But probably a fair trade and fills needs for both clubs. Plus Reg is an SA boy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back