Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just needs an extension because he has been jerked around.

It is my understanding that PSD contracts can't be front or back loaded. It's just a contract divided by years. That means the offer we made isn't suitable and he (perhaps with us) needs to come up with numbers that work. We may only have $700k in our cap for next year so he can't ask for $3.5m over 4.
No, Tippett can nominate exactly the terms he wants, year by year, and the club that signs him must draw a contract up on those terms and are so charged against the salary cap.

PSD rules;
5.3 Nominated Football Payments
A Player (other than a first year draft choice Player or such a player in his
second year), nominating for the Pre-Season Draft may specify in his
nomination the Football Payments which he will require if he is drafted.

The provisions of Rule 4.5.2 will apply to any Player wishing to so nominate to any
Club which selects him at a Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting.

4.5.2.2 Payments actually paid
For the purposes of the Total Player Payment provisions
contained in these Rules, the Football Payments nominated
under Rule 4.5.2.1 (whether or not such payments are made)
shall be treated as Football Payments of the Club which drafted
the Player for the period specified by the Player in the
Nomination Form unless the payments actually paid to the
Player exceed the amount set out in the Nomination Form in
which case such greater amount shall be treated as Football
Payments for the purposes of the Club's Total Player
Payments.

Does the 5th and 6th year that we offerd him come into that or not because its con
I don't believe so.
The nomination form specifies;
Remuneration for the purposes of this nomination form shall comprise a monetary amount for each year and the player shall not specify any other benefits or other non-financial conditions of employment.

Purely from current output then I would say no. To be fair anyone could improve drastically, have a form slump or retire from a head knock. What you do know you will get from Tippett is a quality KPF/ruckman who is an elite contested mark that you can build a forwardline around. Do Sydney find that valuable enough to fork out what Tippett is asking? Only time will tell...

Hey Button 92, not sure if there is something wrong with me, but i'm beginning to enjoy your posts. For a while the banter between you and some of our members was becoming quite boring (not just you) but hopefully that is finished with. Maybe its a bit like the scrawny mutt that hangs around and after a while you grow fond of it, and you are persistent.

I am not sure what is bigger, rougher and meaner than a pineapple for a "certain" job but whatever it is the insertion of that object will be without lube.

The AFC are so screwed it is not funny.

And what a piece of journalism. Best writing I have seen in years about a story. Emma Q take a bow. You wrote the facts, clearly and concisely and did not want to be part of the story. Wow. Awesome job.

WOW!! how is she getting that information? i dont understand the part where we asked for 2 draft picks in return?? can someone explain that to me

She's an awesome journalist.

I remember hearing about this during trade week, it was two later picks that the Crows were not going to use anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Tippett can nominate exactly the terms he wants, year by year, and the club that signs him must draw a contract up on those terms and are so charged against the salary cap.

PSD rules;
Thanks for clearing that up. Has there been a change in recent years or have I fallen into the trap of believing everything I read on Bigfooty?

Adelaide board is back to wanting us punished. They are nothing if not consistent.

Apparently we took advantage of an illegal deal. Fair point considering:

1. We found out about it from Ireland's wife - rather than reading about it IN THE PAPERS!
  2. It is our job to protect the Crows from themselves and make sure they actually file agreements with the AFL.
  3. We forced them to take pick 45 rather than offering our first round pick and a player
:rolleyes:

What is strange is that the Crows fans aren't calling for deregistration of Dangerfield and Van Berlo for their dodgy deals. If Tippett knew what was going on then surely they did too? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back