Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course the players could be using imaginary numbers to describe the elevation and horizontal components of the kick in rectangular (complex number) form. Perhaps it's the maths that makes it hard to hit a target under pressure. Too busy calculating to lower the eyes and act quickly.

The forwards coaches should be giving some serious tutoring on the subject or, alternatively, encourage the use of polar rather than rectangular coordinates.

Pretty sure every time you see Macca pointing and giving feedback he is saying:

A football projected at fixed speed will travel the furthest horizontal distance if it is projected at an angle of 45° to the horizontal.
This is because the maximum sin2a can be is 1 and sin2a = 1 when a = 45°.

@ 45° = maximum distance.

> 45° = ??
< 45° = ??

Any questions Tommy?

Right now i hope we keep him beyond his current contract

But he would need to play for about 50% less than he is paid now, for the profile and salary i am sorry but he is mot delivering

He does a good job but is paid like an elite player

He takes up cap space we could use for 3 players

A serviceable ruckman, a shaw replacement and an okish forward could play for the same amount we pay tippett potentially

He does not deliver on the cap space he takes up

He is a part of the problem

He takes up cap space we could use for 3 players

A serviceable ruckman, a shaw replacement and an okish forward could play for the same amount we pay tippett potentially

He does not deliver on the cap space he takes up

He is a part of the problem

Serviceable ruckman with our trade ban such as?

Okish forward such as?

Shaw replacement? he was in the side last night.

Serviceable ruckman with our trade ban such as?

Okish forward such as?

Shaw replacement? he was in the side last night.

None of the options we could realistically get will be better than having Tippett play the double role he is playing now.

No way he is worth the money he is on, and as i said re sign him by all means, but what he gives us is about a 400k player at best

Didnt get Tippett then maybe we dont have a trade ban. But thats academic

Going forward he has to take a pay cut

Okish forward such as?
Levi Casboult. Takes twice as many contested marks as Kurt, kicking as many goals, probably on 1/3 of the salary. We lose a few hitouts.

No way he is worth the money he is on, and as i said re sign him by all means, but what he gives us is about a 400k player at best

I would agree with you if we were unrestricted but as of this year our hands are tied behind our backs.

I would agree with you if we were unrestricted but as of this year our hands are tied behind our backs.

He is out of contract end of next year i thought?

We have him now but so far the deal is a miss imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My old man said that to me the day we got him and I disagreed , he was right . Plus said we should never had let Mummy go and now I also agree

Levi Casboult. Takes twice as many contested marks as Kurt, kicking as many goals, probably on 1/3 of the salary. We lose a few hitouts.
He does, but the delivery may be a little different...

He does, but the delivery may be a little different...
True, moving from the 2nd shittest team in the league to a top 4 side would mean Casboult would be even further ahead of Kurt

ALL DELIVERY. Delivery I50 has been nothing short of Shitful. How can you expect him to mark it when you bomb it 60m in the air on top of the blokes head with 3 defenders on him. I would love to see him get ON HIS BIKE and lead hard and fast. LACE OUT passes. BANG

Why do we have a kurt tippet we need more thread when we shoud have a swans midfield we need more ACCURATE delivery inside 50 thread!

My old man said that to me the day we got him and I disagreed , he was right . Plus said we should never had let Mummy go and now I also agree

That's why you love & respect him.
You think the same.

Looking back on Tippett in a few years time you may be 100% right, but we at least now have to get the best out of him to benefit the team. It's not his fault we were prepared to top everyone's offer in order to get him. It's not his fault we got Buddy to the club as well. He has played every game thus far this year in a team that is sitting 3rd one game clear of the Hawks who were allowed to pick up Frawley as a free agent after playing off in the last 3 GFs winning the last two whilst we had our hands tied & weren't allowed to bring in any new players to bolster our weaknesses in defense & ruck.

None of this is Tippett's fault & I still believe he performed his job quite well & was one of the few that had a good crack in the last quarter.

I like him & support him.

and kurt has been injury free has he

If Kurt doesn't miss another game this season though injury than Mumford would have missed more games though injury than Kurt over the past three years. The half season suspension doesn't count as an injury. Plus Kurt and Mumford played in the same side in 2013, so we got rid of Mumford for Buddy not the other way around as people like to think it comes down to.

That's why you love & respect him.
You think the same.

Looking back on Tippett in a few years time you may be 100% right, but we at least now have to get the best out of him to benefit the team. It's not his fault we were prepared to top everyone's offer in order to get him. It's not his fault we got Buddy to the club as well. He has played every game thus far this year in a team that is sitting 3rd one game clear of the Hawks who were allowed to pick up Frawley as a free agent after playing off in the last 3 GFs winning the last two whilst we had our hands tied & weren't allowed to bring in any new players to bolster our weaknesses in defense & ruck.

None of this is Tippett's fault & I still believe he performed his job quite well & was one of the few that had a good crack in the last quarter.

I like him & support him.
I have nothing against Tippett and don't think he is a spud and support him , its just imo I don't rate him . I don't think he has a footballers brain and doesn't use his strength enough but that's totally my opinion and don't know why some think I bag him

Why do people keep bringing up the fact we let Mumford go when discussing Tippet? We let Mumford go to get Franklin. Tippett was already signed up and obviously not going anywhere when Mumford left. It's not like we could have forced Tippett into a trade to keep Mumford around. Obviously if they had the benefit of hindsight the club would have passed on Tippet, kept Mumford and signed Buddy. They simply acted in the best interests of the club at the time.

Time to move on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If Kurt doesn't miss another game this season though injury than Mumford would have missed more games though injury than Kurt over the past three years. The half season suspension doesn't count as an injury. Plus Kurt and Mumford played in the same side in 2013, so we got rid of Mumford for Buddy not the other way around as people like to think it comes down to.
I just rate mummy a hell of a lot more that's all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back