Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you need to go searching other sports to justify his behavior. Nick will be judged on how he plays his chosen profession and in what spirit he does it. Can you seriously not see how his behavior has been frown upon...Are you clearly that stupid? He is getting just as much heat as Tomic when he acts up as well. Put the race card away dude ;)

I'm not trying to justify his behavior, but point out the hypocrisy and double standards in this country especially from the media.
Are you clearly that stupid?
Where was the uproar we are seeing now about "ruining the poor girls reputation"(because Kokkinakis has a penis therefore he hasn't been affected, right?), when Hewitt was calling umpires Portuguese NTTAWWTters?

Just imagine if photos were leaked of Kyrgios racking up lines in a hotel room.

Nice to see people are worrying about the big issues like hair and ear rings..

:$
As bad as it looks it is just a phase he is going through for anyone who has read Andre Agassi's autobiography- must read there are actually a few parallels between he and Nick particularly early in their careers. Without going into too much detail Agassi absolutely hated tennis (still isn't in love with it), he was lost and couldn't find himself etc which made him do stupid things- see his hair and piercings back in the day. It took some years for him to mature and deal with the spotlight. Without defending kygrios too much just like to point out that he is just a 20 yr old. Hes not the first player to act like a jerk at his age.. the golden child federer was as bad as him.

As for the issue atm this is a great lesson for kygrios to start thinking before he opens his big mouth. He is being booed by crowds and blasted by media all over the world. I don't mind him showing emotion during matches as its good entertainment (although good opponents will feed off it) but there is showing emotion then there is crossing the line. Was the sledge that bad? The thing that was worst was bringing in other parties- vekic and kokkinakis. Although it wouldn't surprise me if kokk is laughing is arse off at what was said being best mates.

As for Wawrinka I agree with Mirka Federer this guy is a big silly crybaby. If you are going to bag someone about faking injury and sickness in a press conference then you can expect lip back. Kygrios just didn't go the right way about giving it back to him.

**** me dude. I dont agree with the other guy either but calling her a whore for hooking up with them is ******* disgusting

What's so wrong in accusing someone of being of promiscuous? Anyone that takes offense to that has to be an enormous prude or extremely religious. Surely no sane secular/atheist person in this day and age would ever be offended by something as innocuous as that.

Calling a guy a 'whore' will in 99.999% of cases only result in him laughing it off or take it as a compliment. So I'd argue the fact that some women take umbrage at this 'insult' has more to do with their own unresolved psychological issues of associating sex as something to be ashamed of (possibly due to their up bringing) than the term 'whore' being this terrible insult that some misguided SJWs liken to misogyny.

What's so wrong in accusing someone of being of promiscuous? Anyone that takes offense to that has to be an enormous prude or extremely religious. Surely no sane secular/atheist person in this day and age would ever be offended by something as innocuous as that.

Calling a guy a 'whore' will in 99.999% of cases only result in him laughing it off or take it as a compliment. So I'd argue the fact that some women take umbrage at this 'insult' has more to do with their own unresolved psychological issues of associating sex as something to be ashamed of (possibly due to their up bringing) than the term 'whore' being this terrible insult that some misguided SJWs liken to misogyny.

But that's you view, not everyone shares that view.
I personally wouldn't want my name dragged through the mud because of some ego driven idiot.

What's hilarious about all this is they are harping on about her reputation and feelings and her "good name", because you know being disrespectful to women is a bad thing and the PC brigade are out to get anyone who does it, because we are all about equal rights and fairness these days right..but poor Kokkinakis, nobody has stopped to think about how it's affecting him or his family and what it's done to his reputation.

Why has her name been dragged through the mud, but not his?

This is the sort of equality and fairness in our society that feminists, lefties and PC losers want. Whether they realize it or not.

Jumping into thread late.. I'm sure it's been said.

Why don't those around him pull him and tell him he's being a bit of a ********? Where's the duty of care?

He's creating a persona that's not so much a "bad boy" but a complete *******. It's an embarrassment that he represents Australia.

I hope he matures and learns how to handle his emotions because you can see the talent he has. His potential is enormous.

Why don't those around him pull him and tell him he's being a bit of a ********? Where's the duty of care?

He's creating a persona that's not so much a "bad boy" but a complete *******. It's an embarrassment that he represents Australia.

I hope he matures and learns how to handle his emotions because you can see the talent he has. His potential is enormous.
They probably have.

If you look at all the stuff he's done, it's all come about in the heat of the moment. So none of it is by his own calculated doing.

Like others have said, he'll grow out of it.

But imo I don't really care. What he's done so far is pretty miniscule.

I read somewhere that the powers that be should organise players like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic to give him a talking to.

******* lol'd at that.

They probably have.

If you look at all the stuff he's done, it's all come about in the heat of the moment. So none of it is by his own calculated doing.

Like others have said, he'll grow out of it.

But imo I don't really care. What he's done so far is pretty miniscule.

I read somewhere that the powers that be should organise players like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic to give him a talking to.

******* lol'd at that.

Meh, that smacks of not taking ownership of his behaviour. Why give him an out card for poor behaviour when we do not for others?

We have prisons full of young men across the nation like him that did stupid s**t, some in the heat of the moment and many claim none of it was their fault because it wasn't their calculated doing - which is rubbish. He needs to step up - he is a man not a child.

I agree that hopefully he will grow out of it. He is a talent and those that give a toss want him him to do well - just drop the ******* act. Let your tennis do the talking.

Ownership of behaviour?

Who ******* cares lol.

He threw a racket at the ground. He "tanked" one game (game not match). He said to Wawrinka that Kokkinakis was banging his girlfriend.

The situation is laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, this is exactly what I said in previous post. He doesn't fit the mould of a typical Australian sporting hero, like Warney or Clarke or Hewitt..(what's the common theme there? Gee, I wonder)...so people, who are subconsciously racist, are looking for any reason to cut him down.

Not sure if serious. Warne and Clarke have heavily divided opinion. Hewitt in his heyday was hated more than any Australian sportsman I've ever seen. Bemoaning the PC brigade whilst playing a baseless race card is unique, I'll give you that.

Lighten up forum poster DT2000. T'was nothing but a little levity. I would have thought that much was obvious. Bit rough of you to assume that Mrs Kyrgios speaks ancient greek even tho she may be in her advancing years. If you try not to take everything so literally you may find your forum experience to be a little more gay.:rainbow:

giphy.gif

Not sure if serious. Warne and Clarke have heavily divided opinion. Hewitt in his heyday was hated more than any Australian sportsman I've ever seen. Bemoaning the PC brigade whilst playing a baseless race card is unique, I'll give you that.

Divided opinion maybe but not savaged by the media and public like Kyrgios has been and Tomic before him. Warnes antics are seen by many (more then you realize) as a big laugh and no big deal..just Warney the Aussie larrakin having a laugh.

He wasn't representing Australia. He was representing him self. It's not hard to understand.

He will represent Australia in the Davis Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back