Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

If players represented their country when playing in ATP/WTA tournaments then the Davis Cup and women's equivalent wouldn't be required would they.

A more correct explanation would be to say they are a type of ambassador for their country.

Mark Webber was not representing Australia.
Are you going to claim that cricketers who go to the Indian premier league are representing Australia as well?

How about boxers?
Actually, when he won races they played the national anthem, so I'd say Webber was representing his country.

Agree that tennis players are representing themselves though.

Actually, when he won races they played the national anthem, so I'd say Webber was representing his country.

Agree that tennis players are representing themselves though.

Well he wasn't formally representing Australia. There isn't a national F1 team.
Does anyone know why they play national anthems at the F1?

At the end of the day though as I said in a previous post, these sports stars are in a way unofficial ambassadors for our country when they are representing and competing for them selves.
If all Australian tennis players behaved like Kyrgios, then sure, the talk of them embarrassing us would be justified somewhat but even then you could say it's a culture problem within circles of Tennis Australia and not representative of Australians in general.

But Mark Webbers achievements aren't remembered as Australia's Formula 1 achievements, but as Mark Webbers achievements alone.
Similarly with Kyrgios, if he ever wins a grand slam, or his on court behavior, is seen and will be remembered as his behavior and his achievements.
So all this exaggerated outrage about the damage he is doing to our reputation as a nation is kind of silly.

Australians on the international stage will always represent Australia to the spectators, no matter the sport, no matter the industry.

That doesn't necessarily mean they represent Australia. That just means people see them as representatives.

There's a stark difference.

LOL Wawrinka breaking his racket.
Didn't he have some advice about Kyrgios behavior?
Pot kettle much..

Well done captain obvious.

What's your point? Is there even one to that post..

Wawrinka wins. He might break a racket once in a blue moon, but he's got the results to back up anything he says and does.

Kyrgios is still a relative nobody on tour. Achieved nothing substantial. Yet he acts like his king-d**k every single match with his talk and actions on court all the time.

Wawrinka wins. He might break a racket once in a blue moon, but he's got the results to back up anything he says and does.

Kyrgios is still a relative nobody on tour. Achieved nothing substantial. Yet he acts like his king-d**k every single match with his talk and actions on court all the time.

Wins what, matches or tournaments?

So what you're saying is that if Kyrgios had won tournaments in the senior tour his behavior would be acceptable?

You(as in Wawrink) can't have a big sook and cry about another guys behavior and then behave poorly your self.

He's a hypocritical cry baby and whinger.

Wins what, matches or tournaments?

So what you're saying is that if Kyrgios had won tournaments in the senior tour his behavior would be acceptable?

You(as in Wawrink) can't have a big sook and cry about another guys behavior and then behave poorly your self.

He's a hypocritical cry baby and whinger.

Every player has broken a racquet. Are you seriously comparing Kyrgios's multiple outbursts and pathetic behaviour where he has an issue in every match he plays leading up to the sledge to Stans one off incident?

Kyrgios involved 3 other people in his sledge, that's s**t behaviour and keep that s**t out of tennis. This is a gentlemans game.

Last edited:
Kyrgios is a wank stain. Should be banned for 6+ months. His on court behaviour is honestly pathetic. He seems to have an issue every game he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ LOL get a load of this guy..

Every player has broken a racquet. Are you seriously comparing Kyrgios's multiple outbursts and pathetic behaviour where he has an issue in every match he plays leading up to the sledge to Stans one off incident?

Kyrgios involved 3 other people in his sledge, that's s**t behaviour and keep that s**t out of tennis. This is a gentlemans game.

LMFAO, this is a gentlemans game he says. Get a load of this sheeple.
So where in a gentlemans game do the women fit in? You sexist pig you.
Where exactly do outbursts at umpires, at ball boys/girls fit in?
Where does the swearing fit in?
Where does the smashing of racquets fit in?
Where does the throwing of bottles fit in?
Where do the Swedish fans fit in with their loud supporting of Swedish players?
Where does Federers digs at his opponents and insulting of them fit in to your gentlemans game?
Where does Wawrinkas cry baby whinger behavior fit in to a gentlemans game?

Can go on and on with this.

You do realize that Kyrgios is not the first and not the last player to behave this way, right?

Or, are you saying, that doing it once in a while is acceptable as a "gentleman"?
Guess you're s**t out of luck with no argument/opinion provided for you by the media, sheeple.

Kyrgios is a wank stain. Should be banned for 6+ months. His on court behaviour is honestly pathetic. He seems to have an issue every game he plays.

Didn't seem to have any "issues" in the mixed doubles.

Of course you wouldn't know about that because the media didn't go into a frenzy about it.
The little coverage that did get, with that Canadian chick, was positive.

And being a little T**ty baby drama queen, you wouldn't of heard about it.

Oh well, I guess you can fixate on whether Buddy Franklin is really suffering mental health issues or if it's really a drug problem that caused his seizure. That should be enough negativity for you. I'd avoid Sydney fans though.

Didn't seem to have any "issues" in the mixed doubles.

Of course you wouldn't know about that because the media didn't go into a frenzy about it.
The little coverage that did get, with that Canadian chick, was positive.

And being a little T**ty baby drama queen, you wouldn't of heard about it.

Oh well, I guess you can fixate on whether Buddy Franklin is really suffering mental health issues or if it's really a drug problem that caused his seizure. That should be enough negativity for you. I'd avoid Sydney fans though.

You call Marmik a sexist pig and you refer to Bouchard as 'that Canadian chick'. Hmmm.

LMFAO, this is a gentlemans game he says. Get a load of this sheeple.
So where in a gentlemans game do the women fit in? You sexist pig you.
Where exactly do outbursts at umpires, at ball boys/girls fit in?
Where does the swearing fit in?
Where does the smashing of racquets fit in?
Where does the throwing of bottles fit in?
Where do the Swedish fans fit in with their loud supporting of Swedish players?
Where does Federers digs at his opponents and insulting of them fit in to your gentlemans game?
Where does Wawrinkas cry baby whinger behavior fit in to a gentlemans game?

Can go on and on with this.

You do realize that Kyrgios is not the first and not the last player to behave this way, right?

Or, are you saying, that doing it once in a while is acceptable as a "gentleman"?
Guess you're s**t out of luck with no argument/opinion provided for you by the media, sheeple.

Judging by your response seems like I struck a nerve, huh? I'm such a sheeple for having an opinion on a sport I've played and followed all my life and am quite passionate about. Also, nice of you to take my comment out of context and label me as sexist.

Anyway,

Those things don't actually fit in, If you're swearing and smashing of racquets get out of hand you get a violation from the chair umpire, if you're too loud and obnoxious, you get evicted from the place. Of course different places have different tolerance levels for such things like RG where the crowd is a lot more vocal as opposed to Winbledon.

But here's the deal (what the poster above was trying to say but you couldn't understand him) If you have been on tour for a long time, have titles to your name, you have credibility, people respect you, they know your on court personality and behaviour so if you have a one off incident/an outburst it is accepted amongst people.

Kyrgios came on the scene with a big head and arrogance and HAS AN ISSUE ALL THE TIME. Sledging is not part of tennis, no on the court anyway. You don't get to act like that all the time at 20, he is a spoilt brat and needs to change his attitude as he gaining a bad reputation at a rapid rate which may tarnish his name for a long time. Not sure why it is so difficult for you to understand that.

And yeah, Federers insults and digs at players is why he won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship award in '04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,'11,'12','13,'14 :)

Last edited:
You call Marmik a sexist pig and you refer to Bouchard as 'that Canadian chick'. Hmmm.

Yeh because I was being so entirely serious when I said he's a sexist pig. Wow.

I said Canadian chick because I couldn't remember her name, and since you obviously knew who I was talking about by "Canadian chick", then what's the problem? The desired effect of saying "Canadian chick" was obviously achieved, it wasn't meant in a sexist or demeaning manner.

If it was Stosur with a German dude, and I said German dude, would you be insinuating I'm a sexist pig now?
Or does the "sexist" card only applicable to the female gender?

Judging by your response seems like I struck a nerve, huh? I'm such a sheeple for having an opinion on a sport I've played and followed all my life and am quite passionate about. Also, nice of you to take my comment out of context and label me as sexist.

Anyway,

Those things don't actually fit in, If you're swearing and smashing of racquets get out of hand you get a violation from the chair umpire, if you're too loud and obnoxious, you get evicted from the place. Of course different places have different tolerance levels for such things like RG where the crowd is a lot more vocal as opposed to Winbledon.

But here's the deal (what the poster above was trying to say but you couldn't understand him) If you have been on tour for a long time, have titles to your name, you have credibility, people respect you, they know your on court personality and behaviour so if you have a one off incident/an outburst it is accepted amongst people.

Kyrgios came on the scene with a big head and arrogance and HAS AN ISSUE ALL THE TIME. Sledging is not part of tennis, no on the court anyway. You don't get to act like that all the time at 20, he is a spoilt brat and needs to change his attitude as he gaining a bad reputation at a rapid rate which may tarnish his name for a long time. Not sure why it is so difficult for you to understand that.

And yeah, Federers insults and digs at players is why he won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship award in '04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,'11,'12','13,'14 :)

You said it's a gentlemans game, and that behavior displayed by Kyrgios isn't part of the gentlemans game.
I merely pointed out many of the things he's done have been done by many others, and continue to be done by others even after all the controversy he caused recently.

So why doesn't his behavior fit in to your "gentlemans" game, but the same behavior by others does fit in?
Murrays behavior isn't a one off due to a bad game. He is known for his bad temper.
Gonna have a dig at him now? Or nah, no media circus surrounding him..

I don't think it's relevant whether you've played or not played the game.

Federer is a douchebag.

You want him to be banned for 6+ months for a sledge?

lol ok

Uhh no.. read again, I want him banned for his behaviour on the court, not just that one incident.

You said it's a gentlemans game, and that behavior displayed by Kyrgios isn't part of the gentlemans game.
I merely pointed out many of the things he's done have been done by many others, and continue to be done by others even after all the controversy he caused recently.

So why doesn't his behavior fit in to your "gentlemans" game, but the same behavior by others does fit in?
Murrays behavior isn't a one off due to a bad game. He is known for his bad temper.
Gonna have a dig at him now? Or nah, no media circus surrounding him..

I don't think it's relevant whether you've played or not played the game.

Federer is a douchebag.

Are you offended that I called Tennis a gentlemans sport? because you keep bringing it up.. and can you read? I said it doesn't fit in and if it happens it's usually not criticised as much because the player has earned the respect of the crowd after years of being on tour and winning titles and so Murray does get criticised for his behaviour(which is not as bad as Nicks), that is why Rafa, Roger and Novak are respected much more.

We get it, you like Nick, but enough with your media conspiracy s**t lol if Kyrgios doesn't do dumb s**t, he stays out of the spotlight. * lol, it's not rocket science.

Uhh no.. read again, I want him banned for his behaviour on the court, not just that one incident.

Are you offended that I called Tennis a gentlemans sport? because you keep bringing it up.. and can you read? I said it doesn't fit in and if it happens it's usually not criticised as much because the player has earned the respect of the crowd after years of being on tour and winning titles and so Murray does get criticised for his behaviour(which is not as bad as Nicks), that is why Rafa, Roger and Novak are respected much more.

We get it, you like Nick, but enough with your media conspiracy s**t lol if Kyrgios doesn't do dumb s**t, he stays out of the spotlight. **** lol, it's not rocket science.

I keep bringing it up because you're a hypocrite.
And your latest post highlights your hypocritical view again.
Thanks.

I have mentioned this in the USO thread but I will post it here.

I found it interesting that both Novak and Roger mentioned how they love the sport especially Roger who still has the passion at 34 years of age. I see this as the main reason he has been so successful and all top players. I can't see if you hate the sport (as this thread points too) you can invest all your energy and passion into it and be successful.

On Kyrgios I hope he matures in the next couple of years and we get to see what he is capable off.

On his mixed doubles partner Genie Bouchard she isn't that popular on the women's tour herself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back