Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker is a typical country bogan dick head.
He's one to talk anyway, given his own behavior and indiscretions.
Of course in Adelaide it's all swept under the rug because he plays for the fruit tingles, and the media is loaded with their ambassadors.

But Kyrgios was right on one of his complaints re a ball boy.

Meh, if he keeps up the bad attitude he will get what he deserves. He knows the penalties, so it's in his own hands.

I found it interesting that both Novak and Roger mentioned how they love the sport especially Roger who still has the passion at 34 years of age. I see this as the main reason he has been so successful and all top players. I can't see if you hate the sport (as this thread points too) you can invest all your energy and passion into it and be successful.

True, but everybody has a different story to tell. Agassi mentioned (I think in his book) how HE hated tennis because his old man (who was a POS) pushed him into it.

On Kyrgios I hope he matures in the next couple of years and we get to see what he is capable off.

With the right people around him, yes, but he has to take on the good advice he is given.

On his mixed doubles partner Genie Bouchard she isn't that popular on the women's tour herself.

Genie is just a pretty poster girl who could market poisoned milk to school children if she wanted to.

If anyone knows about relentless persecution from the media it's Greg Norman yet he gets on the "disgracing Australia" bandwagon ala Warne, Fraser and Tex W@nker thinking the world gives 2 f***s about Australia because of 2 troublemaker athletes. Great publicity for the Greg Norman Brand more like it.

Am I the only one who thinks Dangerfild is a flog? Always playing the goody-goody jock strutting around with perfect hair, chest out.
Really?

Has always come across as big goofy/dorky to me, especially in his first couple of years in the league. Nowadays I think he exudes more confidence and maturity and perhaps that's why some see him as a bit of a flog.

Really?

Has always come across as big goofy/dorky to me, especially in his first couple of years in the league. Nowadays, because he's a geelong player, I think he exudes more confidence and maturity and perhaps that's why some see him as a bit of a flog.

efa ;)

I've actually had that opinion of Danger since around 2012 (feeling more comfortable in his skin) so it has nothing to do with him coming over to Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, the more bad press for that tosspot the better

Calling a spade a spade is fair enough but a cheap shot when it's not is the mating call of the loser.

C*ckheads like Dawn Fraser, Warne, Greg Norman and this nondescript school as well as our idiot media are no better if they like you think Tall Poppy Syndrome is some badge of honour to be proud of. It's this attitude of relentless persecution that has existed in our sporting culture for decades that's way more embarrassing than the actions of 1 troublesome athlete.

Fitness and mental strength. If he can get these to an elite level, he can win a grand slam.
he has 3 set enduarance and fitness, no doubt.

but Murray and Djokovic took it to 5 set 5 hour, deep in the 5th being able to throw down 210km like a sam groth(iin the first set) plus Fed and Nadal also 5 hour 5th

pretty simple, some good recovery PEDs during the Tourney, so you need a strong support staff, Nadal and Fed and Murrary and Djoka all travel with their physio who I assume does the massage warm downs also, when they dont get the massages in the services in the players rooms at the Slams...
recovery gear? little testo, little cortisone, little hgh, little microdose epo.

But Krgios is a w@anker, but he will be the next Slam champion from Australia no doubt. I prefer Bernie Tomic as a player tho, the less ballistic, more ballet, I see him as playing a chess on the tennis court, and like someone sledged Kyrgios about "its not squash" that is part of the game that Bernie has that I like, the chips and slices and plays in the service courts that are as much squash shots as McEnroe or (dif era)Laver and Newcombe(dif era again even to RL) era flat drives and slices

but have no doubt, Kyrgios likes tennis

And he likes everything that comes with it

fame and adulation
the prizemoney and sponsors
the headphones from Beats by Dr Dre, like Josh Gibson cos they wish to emulate American pro sportsmen.
the attention from the ladies

he loves tennis

he loves to act how he wants, and to play up his bad behaviour to create a bad-boy reputation and brand
he loves it

when he says he does not like tennis, this is rhetoric. nothing more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back