Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

but have no doubt, Kyrgios likes tennis

And he likes everything that comes with it

fame and adulation
the prizemoney and sponsors
the headphones from Beats by Dr Dre, like Josh Gibson cos they wish to emulate American pro sportsmen.
the attention from the ladies

he loves tennis

he loves to act how he wants, and to play up his bad behaviour to create a bad-boy reputation and brand
he loves it

when he says he does not like tennis, this is rhetoric. nothing more
Agreed, he just doesn't want to toe the line, that would make him the same as everyone else, and you won't stand out that way. A good example of his approach: he started having the attention seeking haircuts the week of his first AO appearance, when he was about to be in the lime light.

Wow some absolute crap in this thread.

The bloke is 20 years old in an era where teenagers and even guys in their early twenties are virtually irrelevant to the top 20 players in the world.

To put things into perspective "young gun" Raonic is nearly 5 years older than Nick.

When Kyrgios hits his peak there wont be many guys standing in his way of a bucketload of titles. His biggest enemy will be himself.

I quite like his smartarse, "I don't care" attitude in a sport followed by boring, conservative ****** types.

* and I know not every tennis fan is like that. But that demographic makes up a great chunk of Hopman Cup/Australian Open crowds.

That type make up the majority of Australian's in general. It's evident to see in most stands at most sports.
That's why the media have a field day when a few wannabe hooligans light a flare in the A League.

Some ******* commentator on SEN is having a go now at Kyrgios and Tomic.
If they didn't have the stigma associated with them from past indiscretions, which this summer's antics have barely even registered or been anything out of the ordinary from tennis players across the world, you'd have to say the real flog looking for attention is the w***er from SEN.

He basically labelled Tomic as *ed.

What did Kyrgios do that was so bad? Have a go at an umpire? Whooopty ******* do mate. How many players before him have done the exact same thing? They flogs too? How many times did national hero "Rusty" have a crack at the umpires? Flog too? Or wont the flog attention whore guy from SEN go there because Hewitt's just retired and there's a bit of love going around for him at the moment...

Tomic fired back at comments from Federer? Wooow. Must be the first bloke to stand up for him self.

Geez, these guys, how dare they behave exactly how so many other players before them, including world number 1's have. For shame.

Federer on the other hand, had some supportive and constructive comments for Kyrgios, which the media blew up into a "warning", as in something negative. Of course in the headline to get your attention.

Two points

- I haven't seen another player (man or woman) treat an umpire with such little respect and disdain as did Kyrgios in his loss
- Pretty sure everyone KNOWS Hewitt was a flog in his early years and thought so.

I've seen worse treatment of umpires from top players, that's not to excuse what Kyrgios did though.

Serena was penalised a game which cost her a US Open final spot a few years back for threatening violence on a linesman. That was bad.

When Kyrgios hits his peak there wont be many guys standing in his way of a bucketload of titles. His biggest enemy will be himself.

People were saying the same s**t when Federer was on his game then Nadal came along. You might not notice it early when Kyrgios is winning but someone always turns up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which player has treated an umpire with as much disrespect this tournament?
I watched a player in qualies repeatedly tell an umpire "you have no brain", complained to officials between points asking them to send him back to where he came from. Refused to shake his hand and carried on again to officials off the court after the match. There were also over 10 players fined before Kyrgios this tournament. A lot of players abuse the umpire, you just don't hear about it cos they aren't aussies, and now thanks to our media, people like you think Kyrgios is the only one who acts out.

Oh, so first you say you've never seen a player treat an umpire like that, implying over a period of years, and then when pulled up on it, you change your remark to "this tournament".

LMFAO.

You've got no idea.

Not my problem if you imply something I didn't mean nick :)

Not my problem if you imply something I didn't mean nick :)

Like I said and others have said, you've got no idea and obviously don't watch or follow a lot of tennis.
You are just another sheep whose recent opinion of a player has been formed exclusively by what you've seen on TV.
Had you a shred of intelligence you'd have dug a little and found that players having a go at the men and women sitting in their high chair court side, is not something that Nick Kyrgios brought to the game, but has been happening for a very long time, and some of the worlds top players are guilty of it as well.

But hey, don't let reality and facts get in the way.

Seems the outrage this month at Kyrgios is that he hasn't acted up enough for the w***ers in the media and the w***er sheep in society, so any little thing is blown out of proportion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back