L. Hodge v M. Voss

Who would you prefer?

• L. Hodge

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • M. Voss

Votes: 197 85.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, career accolades are still clearly slanted in favour Aker and Black. You seem to have missed the fact that they have both won brownlow medals whilst playing the majority of their careers in the midfield - not on the back flank. Hodge has neither won a brownlow or played the majority of his career in midfield.

I'd also add that while all three are proven GF performers (without going back and checking), I highly doubt that Black or Acker ever played a GF as poorly as Hodge did in the 2012 GF.
Yet Hodge averages more Brownlow votes per game than Akermanis. Akermanis also won over Mcleod in the worst Brownlow robbery of all time. The Brownlow is also a flawed concept that often produces a winner that is far from the best in the league. See Woewodin, Priddis or Judd in 2010. You know this.

Plenty of people have won Brownlows. Only 3 have 2xNorm Smith medals. At the very least an even achievement.

Yet Hodge averages more Brownlow votes per game than Akermanis. Akermanis also won over Mcleod in the worst Brownlow robbery of all time. The Brownlow is also a flawed concept that often produces a winner that is far from the best in the league. See Woewodin, Priddis or Judd in 2010. You know this.

Plenty of people have won Brownlows. Only 3 have 2xNorm Smith medals. At the very least an even achievement.

Buckley in 02'.

hmmm, I guess NS medals are useless because Brendan Goddard was robbed in 2010 (or better yet, Gary Ablett was robbed in 2008 :eek:)

I'd also add that while all three are proven GF performers (without going back and checking), I highly doubt that Black or Acker ever played a GF as poorly as Hodge did in the 2012 GF.
Black 04, Aker 02 (did kick the winner but was poor for the rest of the game)

hmmm, I guess NS medals are useless because Brendan Goddard was robbed in 2010 (or better yet, Gary Ablett was robbed in 2008 :eek:)
Can't argue when he has 2 of them though.
It is impossible to state Akers Brownlow makes him better than Hodge when over their careers Hodge polls more frequently than Aker did.

On a side note, Hodge is VERY similar in average Brownlow votes per game as Voss if you want to that as an indicator.

Not bad for someone who "isn't even on the same planet / universe / flemington straight ->>>>>> daylight----->*insert mindless differentiation comparison with the biggest possible imagined variance between X & Y, of course paying close attention to ignoring all rational thought* ect ect as Voss.

Some Hawks fans rate hodge way too highly. To even think that hodge is better then the likes of voss and judd is utterly stupid

to me Voss is the top of the tree and some recent "all time greats" don't come near.

judd ablett buckley hird etc etc

Hodge compares for leadership and influence in finals but Voss was something else

Poll result is pretty much right

Last edited:
Back