Labor's Policies?

Remove this Banner Ad

That carry over...
Lib/NP 15
ALP 10
Green 4
PUP 2* (would be 3 with Lambie)
Lib Dem/FF/Xenophon/Motorists/Lambie 1 each (5 tl)

with 40 to be elected (6/state, +2 each for NT & ACT)
Thanks for this.
Interesting... I think that the way ACT vote, may get at least one if not the two. Labor made a mess of WA so may get another one, QLD is another possibility but doubt that NSW can be a gain, don't know enough about NT.
Would really have to work hard to gain consistent support from PUP, Lambie but Muir may be easier and then we have Xenophon who is going for more members of his own party to stand. Interesting times ahead.

Seriously need to cut military spending to make up for the JSF disaster (the plane that the new Sukhoi flanker absolutely destroys).

Military spending is costing us about as much as medicare from memory, might be even more.

Also, most military people vote LNP. It backfired on them when the LNP cut their wages, get the ALP to really sink the boot in imo. Crush that part of the right wing base for good.

Also need to cut police numbers, they've increased exponentially since the false media driven campaign about overly violent streets.

And go really hard on Tony and Frances Abbott for corruption. Get them in lockup.

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. Abbott doesn't seem to getting much benefit from having a 'right' majority for example.

Right 15 (lib/np)
Left 14 (alp/green)
Whichever way the wind is blowing 7 (the rest)

Yes that is quite true. I was just trying to sort of put them in their political leanings category. For the Liberal Democrats when it comes to social issues they are usually pretty left wing (like gay marriage)

Thanks for this.
Interesting... I think that the way ACT vote, may get at least one if not the two. Labor made a mess of WA so may get another one, QLD is another possibility but doubt that NSW can be a gain, don't know enough about NT.
Would really have to work hard to gain consistent support from PUP, Lambie but Muir may be easier and then we have Xenophon who is going for more members of his own party to stand. Interesting times ahead.

Territories generally go one each way, pretty much on primary vote. There have been thoughts/hopes of the ALP/Greens picking up 2 in ACT, but it'd take a decent swing.

Yes that is quite true. I was just trying to sort of put them in their political leanings category. For the Liberal Democrats when it comes to social issues they are usually pretty left wing (like gay marriage)

By 'whichever way the wind blows', I suppose I mean they work it out bill by bill based on their own policies/preferences...Although with PUP, it very well could be the wind that decides their policies.

Seriously need to cut military spending .

Yes open the gates!!

Also, most military people vote LNP. It backfired on them when the LNP cut their wages, get the ALP to really sink the boot in imo. Crush that part of the right wing base for good..

Yes overthrow the military, crush the right. Heil the Peoples Republic of Australia!!

Also need to cut police numbers, they've increased exponentially since the false media driven campaign about overly violent streets...

Yes let the anarchists reign supreme!!

And go really hard on Tony and Frances Abbott for corruption. .

Yes lock up the political prisoners!!

Last edited:
Territories generally go one each way, pretty much on primary vote. There have been thoughts/hopes of the ALP/Greens picking up 2 in ACT, but it'd take a decent swing.
Certainly interesting years ahead.
Will make both major parties really work hard to convince the voting public of their worth as the last 5/6 have not been good for either of the major parties.
Do you think that 6 years is too long for Senators?

Please dont try and put over that Oakenshott was a good judge, the turd had already made his mind up. He was a ******* disgrace that went against the majority desire of his electorate. The gutless wonder quit because he knew he was in for a hiding at the next election.

I thought he was a highly intelligent bloke & I've made my own mind up for probably 2 to 3 times your age, so I certainly don't need you telling me how to think. You will never no if he would have won, he retired & he certainly was not gutless other wise he would have taken the easy option & backed lieabbott.

The Nationals need to look at guys like Oakeshott and Windsor and ask themselves why they left the party. Their support level nationally is dropping as they tuck themselves further into bed with the Liberal Party, they risk sinking into oblivion as regional areas look to independents or local issue parties.

I thought he was a highly intelligent bloke & I've made my own mind up for probably 2 to 3 times your age, so I certainly don't need you telling me how to think. You will never no if he would have won, he retired & he certainly was not gutless other wise he would have taken the easy option & backed lieabbott.

He was voted in by a conservative electorate and turned his back on them.

The Nats romped home:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/lyne/

Barnaby romped home in Windsor's seat as well

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/neng/

Oakeshotte and Windsor were dead men walking, hence the gutless bail out.

Certainly interesting years ahead.
Will make both major parties really work hard to convince the voting public of their worth as the last 5/6 have not been good for either of the major parties.
Do you think that 6 years is too long for Senators?

I like the theory of having people who can look beyond the next election, and above the swings of a single electoral cycle to reflect the more long term views of the electorate, but when they're all tied up in following the party line, it doesn't seem to matter much.

I really think the solution is to weaken the party system, but there is no way the parties will agree to that.

By 'whichever way the wind blows', I suppose I mean they work it out bill by bill based on their own policies/preferences...Although with PUP, it very well could be the wind that decides their policies.

I dont know about their policies, but I would think their political advertising(brainwashing) budget may be affected by the $12million his Chinese partners want back:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know about their policies, but I would think their political advertising(brainwashing) budget may be affected by the $12million his Chinese partners want back:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone knows about his policies, and yeah, that does make things 'interesting'.

I don't think anyone knows about his policies, and yeah, that does make things 'interesting'.

Yes I thought that point as I posted, I dont know what people voted for with PUP.
Maybe thats what modern politics is all about, saying one thing & doing the other when in office.

Or perhaps its 'Trust me', just dont worry about what I say, or what I do.

Yes I thought that point as I posted, I dont know what people voted for with PUP.
Maybe thats what modern politics is all about, saying one thing & doing the other when in office.

Or perhaps its 'Trust me', just dont worry about what I say, or what I do.

PUP was mostly a protest vote I think for right wing people who did not like Abbott in a similar way that the Greens are often a protest vote for left wing people who do not like Labor.

He was voted in by a conservative electorate and turned his back on them.

The Nats romped home:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/lyne/

Barnaby romped home in Windsor's seat as well

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/neng/

Oakeshotte and Windsor were dead men walking, hence the gutless bail out.

It was conservative in the previous elections and they kept winning, you see them gutless I see them of high moral standings and left when the time was right. Will see how the nats go next election, they are doing absolutely nothing for the people on the land.

PUP was mostly a protest vote I think for right wing people who did not like Abbott in a similar way that the Greens are often a protest vote for left wing people who do not like Labor.

That and being a party with profile that hadn't lied to/misled them before (because they hadn't had a chance).

I suspect they'll have a lot of trouble getting reelected. Vic state election they got practically no votes.

It was conservative in the previous elections and they kept winning, you see them gutless I see them of high moral standings and left when the time was right. Will see how the nats go next election, they are doing absolutely nothing for the people on the land.

I think the Nats can safely assume those seats are in the bag.

That and being a party with profile that hadn't lied to/misled them before (because they hadn't had a chance).

I suspect they'll have a lot of trouble getting reelected. Vic state election they got practically no votes.
Do you think that because the Labor vote was so strong in Victoria? Are they likely to do better in states like Qld and WA?
I really think that based on Victoria results, the Greens may be the winner, more so if Milne is not the leader and someone like Ludlum or DiNatale, takes over the leadership.

Do you think that because the Labor vote was so strong in Victoria? Are they likely to do better in states like Qld and WA?
I really think that based on Victoria results, the Greens may be the winner, more so if Milne is not the leader and someone like Ludlum or DiNatale, takes over the leadership.

I don't think the ALP did all that well in Vic...more anti-Lib than pro-ALP, which is a large part of why the Greens did OK.

Actually, the Greens present a problem for the ALP...Makes them fight on 2 fronts, Greens to the left and Libs to the right.

PUP is completely unrelated to all that..they were a one shot wonder based on people wanting to vote for 'none of the above', coupled with lots of ads and little knowledge of what they actually stood for...Better understanding has led to them being dismissed by most (sad though it is that they didn't look more closely before casting their votes).

I don't think the ALP did all that well in Vic...more anti-Lib than pro-ALP, which is a large part of why the Greens did OK.

Actually, the Greens present a problem for the ALP...Makes them fight on 2 fronts, Greens to the left and Libs to the right.

PUP is completely unrelated to all that..they were a one shot wonder based on people wanting to vote for 'none of the above', coupled with lots of ads and little knowledge of what they actually stood for...Better understanding has led to them being dismissed by most (sad though it is that they didn't look more closely before casting their votes).
Actually, I thought that Labor did very well in the lower house, picking up votes/% in almost all seats.
However I think that we both are right, the Greens are a huge danger, but really need a change of leadership.
Interestingly, I was really influenced when Don Chipp went on his own, really liked his views and thought him an honest politician.
I think a number of people vote for the leader of a party more than their policies, possibly that is why they voted PUP in with the advertising focusing more on Palmer's antics. He really only had two major policies, Mining and Carbon taxes and then the rest was by implication that he would keep everyone else honest and support the battler.

Actually, I thought that Labor did very well in the lower house, picking up votes/% in almost all seats.
However I think that we both are right, the Greens are a huge danger, but really need a change of leadership.
Interestingly, I was really influenced when Don Chipp went on his own, really liked his views and thought him an honest politician.
I think a number of people vote for the leader of a party more than their policies, possibly that is why they voted PUP in with the advertising focusing more on Palmer's antics. He really only had two major policies, Mining and Carbon taxes and then the rest was by implication that he would keep everyone else honest and support the battler.

Which he definitely has not done. He makes a song and dance about supporting the battler before quietly supporting most of the coalitions proposals.

The problem the democrats had is they started off as a centrist party, looking for balance of power and 'keeping the bastards honest'. Both ALP and Libs moved more centrist squeezing them, and they jumped to the left, while trying to remain practical (going with the 'mandate' and negotiating on the GST) then got beaten out of the left wing by the Greens who were 'pure' and 'uncompromised'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back