Traded Lachie Henderson [traded to Geelong for 2016 first round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
What is his trade value?

If he selects Geelong as his club of choice, is this a fair deal?

In: Pick 20 (912 Points) L. Henderson (approximately 985 Points)
Out: Pick 10 (1395 Points) Pick 28 (667 Points)

Total Points: Geelong (1897) Carlton (2062)

What is his trade value?

That's probably the way clubs will look at trades in the future it all comes down to numbers that's a great trade for both clubs

What is his trade value?

Does Henderson get the points where he was originally drafted by Brisbane or the Fevola trade?

Pick 10 is too much. Would rather keep it than get Henderson.

On the assumption that he nominated us in isolation, the 2 options id put forward:

1. Pick 10 for hendo and cartons R2 (20ish).

2. We split our r1 with 2 later R1s. Eg trade 10 for GC's end of R1 (19) plus their R2 (22 or so) and give 19 to Carlton.

Henderson hasn't played in the position we'd get him for in over 2 years, has had injury problems, and had a shocking year. He simply isn't worth more than a pick 17-22. In addition, he is out of contract so if he nominates us in isolation, blues have hardly any room to move. But geelong are known to be easy to deal with so they wouldn't do an 'essesndon' on Carlton.

Therefore I think we will split our R1 and give one to Henderson. That's fair. Certainly won't be just our r1 (10), that's fantasy land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton really don't have much leverage and pick 10 is too high.

It'll be a similar situation to that of Bundy last season. Carlton will lose him for unders.

He just an average player... Slow and lazy. Geelong don't need him!
And he's a carlton reject

Carlton really don't have much leverage and pick 10 is too high.

It'll be a similar situation to that of Bundy last season. Carlton will lose him for unders.

Don't think so, that comment leads me to believe you have no idea of the real reason why Bundy left Geelong

Don't think so, that comment leads me to believe you have no idea of the real reason why Bundy left Geelong
I don't really care what you believe.

He's uncontested and nominates Geelong... Carlton simply have to accept the fact that they won't get what they'd like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back