Traded Lachie Henderson [traded to Geelong for 2016 first round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlisle is much better than Henderson. Bell is younger then Henderson. Youth is value.

Stats say differently. He is a CHB who kicks goals - Carlisle hasn't been doing either past two years. You are lowballing and the club will refuse to trade with you in future ;)

nope...

I reckon we'll get next year's first. Geelong are an honourable bunch to deal with

Can see Geelong's first and 2nd for this year heading off though which might make them a bit anxty.

BTW, if they trade next year's 2nd it stops them from trading next year's first.
I think Crows will take this years first and next year's 2nd, because its a deeper draft.

Yep I think that's right.

Although you'd think that the Crows will get the two first rounders, which may make things tough.

Not sure how Geelong will please all 4 clubs at the trade table.
Lock away next years first for henderson before making the bid on Dangerfield and then Adelaide have to decide between risking 14 for 9 + 29 or letting him go.

Lock away next years first for henderson before making the bid on Dangerfield and then Adelaide have to decide between risking 14 for 9 + 29 or letting him go.

Or lock away Dangerfield and then Carlton can only be offered second rounders and fringe players.

The "if we trade away our picks then we can get other players cheaper" strategy works both ways.

Or lock away Dangerfield and then Carlton can only be offered second rounders and fringe players.

The "if we trade away our picks then we can get other players cheaper" strategy works both ways.

He can also go elsewhere were clubs don't lowball like Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lock away dangerfield and you are resigning to losing both first round picks and a 2nd rounder at minimum.

Lock away henderson and you lose next years 1st & when adelaide decide against the risk keep this years first as well as both their 2nd rounders, one of which can be used on smith.

Tell me which one benefits geelong more?

Lock away dangerfield and you are resigning to losing both first round picks and a 2nd rounder at minimum.

Lock away henderson and you lose next years 1st & when adelaide decide against the risk keep this years first as well as both their 2nd rounders, one of which can be used on smith.

Tell me which one benefits geelong more?

Crows get more in a trade (than compo) regardless of what happens. They match regardless. So your scenario isn't really relevant, although I agree it's great for Blues and Cats.

I just think it's risky to prioritise Henderson over Dangerfield.

It seems like some people are suggesting that the crows will take whatever they can get, whereas the blues need a first rounder. Doesn't make sense.

Danger's difference in value as compared to Henderson is more than a single second rounder.

Yeah maybe they are. But my point was that Adelaide are just as likely to accept a low ball as Carlton.

They can get away with it once... but won't happen again. Clubs will just refuse to trade with Geelong

They can get away with it once... but won't happen again. Clubs will just refuse to trade with Geelong

It will just be a matter of Geelong prioritising who they want. If they get all 4 targets they will be doing very well, but it will require a lowball to get it done. Maybe they just get 3, or maybe they trade someone out.

It will just be a matter of Geelong prioritising who they want. If they get all 4 targets they will be doing very well, but it will require a lowball to get it done. Maybe they just get 3, or maybe they trade someone out.

Sure not disputing it. Lowballing is what a scum club made of too. Clubs will disregard Geelong to trade with in future.

Pay what is fair, is fair....ok to get best possible deal but lowballing is scum city.

Sure not disputing it. Lowballing is what a scum club made of too. Clubs will disregard Geelong to trade with in future.

Pay what is fair, is fair....ok to get best possible deal but lowballing is scum city.
Hang on ... What were you posting in the other thread? 2nd round for Carlisle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back