Traded Lachie Henderson [traded to Geelong for 2016 first round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

bad setanta

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Henderson has played VFL standard football all year in the worst team in the competition. In addition, he is uncontracted and likely to name Geelong as his preferred club.

He is not worth our first pick in a million years. The only way I could come up with a good trade is Troy Menzel + Henderson for Pick 7 or 8.

Another idiot.

May 27, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Henderson is a good reader of play as a defender but we've got Reid, Brown, Frost and a developing Marsh, along with Goldsack who can play key back in emergencies. If we were really rooted, Moore can play key back too. We need a good young key forward to partner with Moore and Lachie "career best average of 0.1 goals a game better than Jesse White 2015" Henderson isn't it.

Beyond that, a lot of our trade currency will be tied up with Treloar and Aish. Can't rule it out obviously, but I can't see the logic in it at all.

I do think that Henderson is worth a pick between 15-20 and Geelong's first rounder will be the starting point of negotiations if he wants to go there. Whether it's a straight swap, or whether one side will add a sweetener, I don't know.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Henderson is a good reader of play as a defender but we've got Reid, Brown, Frost and a developing Marsh, along with Goldsack who can play key back in emergencies. If we were really rooted, Moore can play key back too. We need a good young key forward to partner with Moore and Lachie "career best average of 0.1 goals a game better than Jesse White 2015" Henderson isn't it.

Beyond that, a lot of our trade currency will be tied up with Treloar and Aish. Can't rule it out obviously, but I can't see the logic in it at all.

I do think that Henderson is worth a pick between 15-20 and Geelong's first rounder will be the starting point of negotiations if he wants to go there. Whether it's a straight swap, or whether one side will add a sweetener, I don't know.

Hard to fault any of that.

Don't think the pies need him down back, he might be handy but that would be it.

Nit picking here but I think the Hendo to the cats deal is already done. I don't reckon there ' s a lot of negotiation to be done.

Reckon you'll get Treloar but not Aish.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Guarantee he is gone to Geelong for their first pick. Source = Carlton board member. It might be against the rules to discuss trades and player movements during the season but they 100% do it. Locked in. Stop bitching about whether he's worth it or not, that's what you're paying cats fans.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Guarantee he is gone to Geelong for their first pick. Source = Carlton board member. It might be against the rules to discuss trades and player movements during the season but they 100% do it. Locked in. Stop bitching about whether he's worth it or not, that's what you're paying cats fans.

Yep was done 2-3 months ago.

2nd round pick isn't enough for Lachie Henderson
For a player who was dropped from the 17th placed side on the ladder? :eek:

Read a thread before you bluster in like an over grown whatever you are Soggy.
I don't need to read the thread champ. That there is a fact. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: if you're so certain, why not? Obviously a stupid thing to bet but what else you gonna bet with on a forum?
You clearly state that it's a stupid thing to bet then proceed to ask 'why not?' in the same sentence. :eek:

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
You clearly state that it's a stupid thing to bet then proceed to ask 'why not?' in the same sentence. :eek:
Obviously you're a little attached to your account and not that confident in your source then. Unless of course you're making it up. Which you are.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Alright, let's have a wager on it. Loser cancels their bigfooty account.

Grow up. Nakia, like most reasonable Geelong fans, finds it hard to believe that we would part with our first rounder (assuming it's about 7-8) for Henderson. There is nothing earth shattering about that.

You claim you received your mail from a Carlton board member. No wonder Carlton are s**t if their board members are conducting trades of players... I suggest you pull your young head in and let's just wait and see what happens. Mail I am getting is that Josh Walker is now possibly part of the trade. There you go. We both have mail..

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Grow up. Nakia, like most reasonable Geelong fans, finds it hard to believe that we would part with our first rounder (assuming it's about 7-8) for Henderson. There is nothing earth shattering about that.

You claim you received your mail from a Carlton board member. No wonder Carlton are s**t if their board members are conducting trades of players... I suggest you pull your young head in and let's just wait and see what happens. Mail I am getting is that Josh Walker is now possibly part of the trade. There you go. We both have mail..

He says he guarantees it. Not that he doubts it, he completely refutes it.
Incredulity and being a tosser are two seperate things mate.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Fair enough you have a hard time believing it, but it'll happen.

My age is irrelevant and I can wait and see what happens while having a wager on it, can I not? Just wanted it to be known that I was confident in my source and wasn't making s**t up like most on these boards.

Alright, my mail is that he's not part of it.. Guess we'll wait and see, hey?

EDIT: skipped over the bit about board members conducting trades.. he didn't conduct the trade. Board members are aware of movements & dealings within football clubs. That's just what happens. They're each assigned roles on the board and at Carlton (can't speak for other clubs, though I'd assume it's the same) one of those roles is overseeing player movement & list management, of course they're going to know about it.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I have no info either way, but I would find it difficult to believe that Geelong would be silly enough to offer a 1st round pick of any persuasion (let alone the top 10 pick it will be this year) for Lachie Henderson. They are generally a pretty well run footy club who have had some measure of success in recent times lets not forget. They are not exactly in a desperate position with regards to their KPD'ers either. I would be staggered.
I put this down to wishful thinking from Carlton fans.

PS. Just a general question: All those posters who are claiming to have 'inside info' from 'reliable sources', if that 'info' is proven to be incorrect post the exchange period, will you no longer be trusting 'info' from this source and posting it as fact going forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back