Traded Lachie Henderson [traded to Geelong for 2016 first round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you just compare Henderson to the greatest midfielder of all time? :eek:

Ablett Jnr kicked 44 goals in his last year at Geelong... I'd say his form was pretty good.

I'm not comparing silly child. I am but showing you players can have down times.

I'm not comparing silly child. I am but showing you players can have down times.
Haha. Ablett played arguably one of the great games in his last game at the club and kicked 44 goals for the season. Not to mention 18 of his 24 games he had over 30 disposals... maybe try referencing somebody who actually had 'down times.' :thumbsu:

Haha. Ablett played arguably one of the great games in his last game at the club and kicked 44 goals for the season. Not to mention 18 of his 24 games he had over 30 disposals... maybe try referencing somebody who actually had 'down times.' :thumbsu:

You have no clue. I'm not talking about his last game. No idea how you don't get this.

You have no clue. I'm not talking about his last game. No idea how you don't get this.
His last game resulted in a 40 disposal match and his season overall was brilliant. :thumbsu:

31.5 disposals a game along with 44 goals.

I don't have a clue he says. :rolleyes:

His last game resulted in a 40 disposal match and his season overall was brilliant. :thumbsu:

31.5 disposals a game along with 44 goals.

I don't have a clue he says. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about his last game. I never compared them. Just mentioned players have bad patches. Not comparing.

I'm not talking about his last game. I never compared them. Just mentioned players have bad patches. Not comparing.
Yes I know, and I just proved that Jnr never had a bad batch... not my fault you decided to compare apples to oranges. :thumbsu:

Pick 8 straight swap would be madness.
Don't get me wrong I think Hendo has a lot to offer and consider him a reasonable player, but given his past few years Geelong would be bereft in their duties as a club to part with pick 8... It simply won't happen anyway.

Don't get me wrong I think Hendo has a lot to offer and consider him a reasonable player, but given his past few years Geelong would be bereft in their duties as a club to part with pick 8... It simply won't happen anyway.

Yeah I agree.

You don't convince an uncontracted player to come to your club - to then pay his club overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think cats would have been happy to part with 1st round pick if they had made finals and had selection 12-14.

However now we could be as high as 7 it just seems too much for Henderson.

Maybe pick 25 this year and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year

or

Pick 7 for Henderson and pick 20

Past few years? He was considered the best swingman in AFL in 2013. He was pretty good in 2014 just injured a lot.

i think cats would have been happy to part with 1st round pick if they had made finals and had selection 12-14.

However now we could be as high as 7 it just seems too much for Henderson.

Maybe pick 25 this year and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year

or

Pick 7 for Henderson and pick 20

With this draft to be rumored to be shallow, pick 7 is even more valuable than last year. He is not worth pick 7, probably our second pick, and that it! The club would be insane to give away our first rounder for him..

People don't read through the thread at all do they?
Can you blame them? Half of every thread on Bigfooty is either trolls trying to mock other teams or people with little to no knowledge of the game.

Some scenarios are laughable on this board.

Past few years? He was considered the best swingman in AFL in 2013. He was pretty good in 2014 just injured a lot.
I'll take your word for it, although it's hard to have an impact when 'you're injured a lot.' :)

deal was brokered in May/June this year. Carlton elected not to put a contract in front of Henderson because a 1st from Cats was in the offing
Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back