Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale won't get dropped when he's producing ' diesel Williams ' like glimpses.

Lachie is an honest, clean, but hard footballer. Greg Williams was nothing more than a thug, and I'm someone who's obviously a bit harsh on outside players. Lachie is far more likeable than that prick.

Neale is the best of that 2011 draft crop. Just such a natural footballer with beautiful skills who makes height entirely irrelevant. The shorter you are, the better you have to be, but far out, drafting culture in the AFL ignores far too much sub-6'0" players.

Lachie is an honest, clean, but hard footballer. Greg Williams was nothing more than a thug, and I'm someone who's obviously a bit harsh on outside players. Lachie is far more likeable than that prick.

Neale is the best of that 2011 draft crop. Just such a natural footballer with beautiful skills who makes height entirely irrelevant. The shorter you are, the better you have to be, but far out, drafting culture in the AFL ignores far too much sub-6'0" players.

Of course I'm not comparing him to Williams thuggish style of play!

Six weeks ago, Fremantle midfielder Lachie Neale was battling just to get into the side.
Now, the 20-year-old is shaping as a key figure ahead of the club's finals campaign.
Neale played just two games for Fremantle over the first 16 rounds, with an ankle injury hurting his chances to push for a swift recall once he was dropped.
But the 177cm speedster has given the Dockers vital midfield depth over the past six weeks, averaging 26 possessions to go with his seven goals during that period.
Advertisement
In last week's 74-point win over Port Adelaide, Neale tallied 19 disposals in the first half alone to set up a match-winning 55-point lead by the long break.
The likes of Michael Barlow, David Mundy, Stephen Hill, Nat Fyfe, Danyle Pearce and Ryan Crowley are considered the heart and soul of Fremantle's engine room.
But Neale has added another dimension to the Dockers' running brigade, with his spot in the side now guaranteed heading into the finals.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/neale-learning-off-the-best-at-dockers-20130826-2sl2x.html#ixzz2d2pulHG8

That 2011 draft is ridiculously good for us - we got:

16) Sheriden
20) Crozier
58) Neale
71) Sutcliffe

Sutcliffe @71 is huge. These four guys all look to be 150+ gamers for us.

I remember when we cashed in our compo pick for Pick 20 to try and lure Clark over... then when he pied us we thought we had made a huge mistake since the draft was supposedly "weak".

Talk about a blessing in disguise! We picked up Spurr (and Clancee again) in the Rookie Draft too.

That 2011 draft is ridiculously good for us - we got:

16) Sheriden
20) Crozier
58) Neale
71) Sutcliffe

Sutcliffe @71 is huge. These four guys all look to be 150+ gamers for us.

Looking at the draft, it is way to early to make a call on where Neale would sit, wait another year or so to see what all the GWS boys deliver.

Looking at that and a few other pics i will detail below makes me nervous about the idea of trading out picks away like has been discussed on here.
That draft was a belter and heres a few others:
2009 - Mora, Fyfe, Roberton (Rookies - Barlow, Silva)
2008 - Hill, Ballas, Suban, Clarke, Walters (Rookies - DeBoer, Clancee, Broughton)
2007 - Mayne, Johnson

Sure we've missed on a few over the years but we have hit on our fair share as well.

Looking at that and a few other pics i will detail below makes me nervous about the idea of trading out picks away like has been discussed on here.
That draft was a belter and heres a few others:
2009 - Mora, Fyfe, Roberton (Rookies - Barlow, Silva)
2008 - Hill, Ballas, Suban, Clarke, Walters (Rookies - DeBoer, Clancee, Broughton)
2007 - Mayne, Johnson

Sure we've missed on a few over the years but we have hit on our fair share as well.

Johnson? He was drafted way before 2007. 2007 we got Palmer, Hinkley and Mayne - not as successful as initially thought. At least Mayne turned out to be a ripper.

It is the 2008 draft which has formed the core of our squad now. That was a very very good year.

Johnson? He was drafted way before 2007. 2007 we got Palmer, Hinkley and Mayne - not as successful as initially thought. At least Mayne turned out to be a ripper.

It is the 2008 draft which has formed the core of our squad now. That was a very very good year.

Yeah you are right i think, i was just going off the top of my head so their may be mistakes there.
Possibly thinking Mark Johnson?? Wrong year still?

On the other hand 2010 draft is much less inspiring
Pitt, Michie, Mellington
None of whom are lock in players (fanning aside)

On the other hand the boys at the trade table made up the running. Getting both the GU and Griff to bag some respectability for the year's recruitment drive.

In a side note that lower bloke went ok before deciding that he wanted the bone that the doggies were throwing.

On Neale, did anyone else see the absolute baking SonSon gave him after he gave too much loft on a kick to him? I think it was the third qr.
Neal had it on the wong and tried a pass down the line....
SonSon: "LACHIE.... WHAT THE *" *pointing to the ground*
*Lachie has hands on hips*
SonSOn: "* SAKE"

wow.... I thought it was a little harsh. Not everyone has Sonny's foot skills, but the expectation of everyone out there is so high at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Neale, did anyone else see the absolute baking SonSon gave him after he gave too much loft on a kick to him? I think it was the third qr.
Neal had it on the wong and tried a pass down the line....
SonSon: "LACHIE.... WHAT THE ****" *pointing to the ground*
*Lachie has hands on hips*
SonSOn: "**** SAKE"

wow.... I thought it was a little harsh. Not everyone has Sonny's foot skills, but the expectation of everyone out there is so high at the moment.
I saw that, was glad he said something. It can't be bombed in to him in a 1 on 1 against the boundary line. He'll no doubt remember that and use it better next time.

Yeah that was right in front of me - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! - Son Son was pretty fired up.

Biggest spray I've seen this year since Clancee went off at MJ for not covering a man properly early in the season.

Yeah that was right in front of me - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! - pretty aggro from Son Son.

Biggest spray I've seen this year since Clancee went off at MJ for not covering a man properly early in the season.

HAHA I was just about to say the same thing. IT HAPPENED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Good spray... didn't think the kick was THAT bad actually.

HAHA I was just about to say the same thing. IT HAPPENED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Good spray... didn't think the kick was THAT bad actually.

Yeah that was right in front of me - RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! - Son Son was pretty fired up.

Block 129 Here... what about u guys? i was about half way between Lach and Sonny

oh, and i remember Clanceeeeee's too... that was impressive

Block 129 Here... what about u guys? i was about half way between Lach and Sonny

didnt see it :( Sounds good but.
Needs to learn and won't do so if the message isn't set in clear colours.

Yep same - we're bay bros.

Maybe we sit near each other and bitch about how annoying the other one is.

Yeah that one was right in front of us too. It's the flank of sprays.

I reckon Lachie didn't kick it up like that on purpose.

Therefore, I believe because he's young and inexperienced, Michael Walters' reaction was inappropriate.

The captain of the side is a different matter, however , I don't think Pav would have created a spectacle like Walters did.
A quiet word at the next break would have been better.

I reckon Lachie didn't kick it up like that on purpose.

Therefore, I believe because he's young and inexperienced, Michael Walters' reaction was inappropriate.

The captain of the side is a different matter, however , I don't think Pav would have created a spectacle like Walters did.
A quiet word at the next break would have been better.
I reckon it's good. They demand excellence from each other and establishing that expectation from a young age stays with them for their careers. Nothing that can't be sorted out over a slice of pizza in the change room after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back