Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually pretty unlucky to have a played in 10 losses of of 21 games. Probably the player on our list with worse win-loss ratio over the past 2 years (at least of those who played a reasonable amount of footy).

goof thing you added last bit, otherwise could say Moller or Simpson, etc.

BUMP -
I realise a lot of this thread isn't super complementary to our Little Lachie Neale, but seriously how good is this kid – especially in the big games.
Wins the Rosco against the Weagles (definitely one of the big games of the year) and was arguably BOG against Port on the weekend (another huge stakes game!).
He’s now been nominated for Player of the Round. Not sure how to vote or anything, maybe those who are bit more tech savvy can help me out Seppo?
Considering he’s playing 4th or 5th fiddle in our supercharged midfield, I reckon this kid goes awright!
Well done LLN
#GonnaBeAGun

BUMP -
I realise a lot of this thread isn't super complementary to our Little Lachie Neale, but seriously how good is this kid – especially in the big games.
Wins the Rosco against the Weagles (definitely one of the big games of the year) and was arguably BOG against Port on the weekend (another huge stakes game!).
He’s now been nominated for Player of the Round. Not sure how to vote or anything, maybe those who are bit more tech savvy can help me out Seppo?
Considering he’s playing 4th or 5th fiddle in our supercharged midfield, I reckon this kid goes awright!
Well done LLN
#GonnaBeAGun

It was literally just the OP and it went from "Roast" to "toast" in about 5 minutes due to overwhelming Lachie support.

He is a gun though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a little fumbly on his first touch but has improved considerably this year. Definite best 22. Cleans up his touch & kicking efficiency and will be very very good

Some of his inside work against Port was incredible. There was one handball where he sort of dived on the ball and got out a perfect handball in a split second that led to a goal.

How do you see it E-Shed, who had/has the better hands out of Hasleby, Barlow and Lachie? Fyfe would be up there too as our greatest handballer.

How do you see it E-Shed, who had/has the better hands out of Hasleby, Barlow and Lachie? Fyfe would be up there too as our greatest handballer.

Have a look at some of Lachie's instinctive gives on Saturday - they are truly in the Diesel Williams & Sam Mitchell class.

I must admit I didn't like him much when he started, I recall labelling him a clumsy stumble-bum or words to that effect. But definitely in our best 22 now. Like most others I recanted my heresy long ago. Go Lachie!

Gun - just needs to add a bit of physicality to his game. His ability to find the ball and read the game is amazing. Once his kicking tidies up a bit more he'll be bordering on elite.

Hasleby easily - though Lachie is very early on in his career of course.

Hase didn't just have great hands when it came to hand balling, he was very clean as well. He would get control of the ball both in contested or open play and have it out to advantage very quickly and rarely with error.

Speaking of Lachie in his own right, I've always rated him. To be fair, he's been a bit sloppy in recent weeks. Getting into good spots and all, but not taking the best options and the odd clanger etc. - but gees he was important in the Port game. Was everywhere and provided that inside grunt that was crucial. Great game, great kid and the perfect midfielder to have in the mix that complements our "big 3" nicely.

Last edited:

Walters

I didn't watch the game as closely when Haze was in his pomp as I do now . I've become more obsessive recent years. Watching replays over a couple of times to get the finer points. So I don't really feel qualified on comparing Haze and Lachie.
I think Barlow is probably better at getting his hands free from heavy tackles and getting one away and his vision is pretty good but I reckon Lachie would have him for sheer speed in spotting a target and getting the release.
He is bloody special. Incredible a kid this good can slide so deep in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back