Toast Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

His hands are simply amazing. I think the best in the team. His release handballs and ability to control the disputed ball are amazing.
Remember seeing this during that preseason game against Melbourne at Freo Oval. In that pocket in front of the shed he was squeezing handballs out between opposition players to someone's advantage, beautiful to watch in the clinches.

His kicking has come on also... his passes are accurate and not flour bags. I would prefer the ball in his hands when delivering to a team mate over all but our elite kicks - hill, pav, this years pearce, duffield, mundy, walters, sutty.

It gives me great comfort knowing how much depth we have now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of the RG medal - I'm glad no muppets decided to give 1 to LeCras for his 5 junk-time goals

"but he was leading goal scorer tho"

Tim Gossage got the flick years ago when he voted Eric Makenzie over Chris Mayne (remember that Derby he had a blinder?)

Most relevant comparison for yesterdays game is Greg Williams IMO. His handball timing to set up teammates to break from stoppages was sublime, a quality not seen since .. Greg Williams

Who knew he could kick that far

His goal kicking distance was definitely exceptional. Now lets look at who is next in the line for midfielders:

Who is tall as Mundy/Barlow etc to replace both of these 2 - also ball magnets in WAFL for us?

Please state heights and weight and age for comparison.

His goal kicking distance was definitely exceptional. Now lets look at who is next in the line for midfielders:

Who is tall as Mundy/Barlow etc to replace both of these 2 - also ball magnets in WAFL for us?

Please state heights and weight and age for comparison.

Going off current performances our two ball magnets are these blokes

Mundy = Blakely 188cm, 85 kg
Barlow = Ballard 188cm, 87 kg

Not quite as tall, but big boys nonetheless. How they go in the big league remains to be seen, but on this years reserves form they both appear to have a future.

Lachie has just been... wow this year. I don't even know a word to describe the level he's stepped up to. Last year he was a great little consistent performer, but hidden behind the big guys in our midfield. This year though he's made an enormous step up. Yesterday's game was better than most mids in the competition could even dreaaaam of having, and the scary thing is, he's been consistently pumping out this all year. 90% DE is just ridiculous for anyone over like 2 disposals in a game.

That Lyon fella is developing a pretty good footy team.
Lachie, with the three big guys around him is the ideal player. This maximises the effectiveness of Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe.
When Sandi goes the distance tap the bigger mids handle it; then he'll drop it at his feet to the little guy.

Lachie has delivered so much variation to our stoppage routines.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back