Toast Lachie Weller

mad4freo

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks to me like the perfect sub. Think we've poorly used the sub pretty much since it started, * knows why defensive mids like Suban and MDB have been used as subs.

You want a speedy creative player to come on and go nuts. When everyone else is tired and running on quicksand, the sub comes in like a mentos dropped into a diet coke. Hawks did it well with Hartung in his first year.

Weller is this player IMO.
Exactly what I think. If he can get 8 touches in the last quarter in every game while giving us some pace and line breaking ability then that's great compared to MDB or Suban.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Looks to me like the perfect sub. Think we've poorly used the sub pretty much since it started, * knows why defensive mids like Suban and MDB have been used as subs.

You want a speedy creative player to come on and go nuts. When everyone else is tired and running on quicksand, the sub comes in like a mentos dropped into a diet coke. Hawks did it well with Hartung in his first year.

Weller is this player IMO.

This. So, so much this.

This has just popped up on the AFL website. As his buddy I'm duly obliged to pass it on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-14/well-and-weller-as-debut-worth-the-wait

What was interesting was that Freo didn't allow Lachie to be interviewed. What's going on there???

Other points to note from the article:
  • His girlfriend's moving over to Perth soon (lessens the go home factor), and
  • The last line, a quote from his mum... "We speak every day," his mum said. "I can hear in his voice that he's really happy."

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I will never understand AFL players missing their GF. 19 years old in this generation its almost a certainty it will be a short term relationship. Going to be awkward for the girl when the break up eventuates.

purplerunsdeep

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This has just popped up on the AFL website. As his buddy I'm duly obliged to pass it on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-14/well-and-weller-as-debut-worth-the-wait

What was interesting was that Freo didn't allow Lachie to be interviewed. What's going on there???

Other points to note from the article:
  • His girlfriend's moving over to Perth soon (lessens the go home factor), and
  • The last line, a quote from his mum... "We speak every day," his mum said. "I can hear in his voice that he's really happy."

Yeah strange that he wasn't allowed - also nice that the first line of the article notes that - good for PR!

Great to see he's got his own place already
GF coming across will be a massive help

Would be very surprised to see him request any move home after 1 year like those dumb saints supporters are hoping

Another year in the freo system will give us a great opp to lock him in down longer term

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah strange that he wasn't allowed - also nice that the first line of the article notes that - good for PR!

Would be very surprised to see him request any move home after 1 year like those dumb saints supporters are hoping

Another year in the freo system will give us a great opp to lock him in down longer term
And who wants to leave when playing for the premiers?

UFO Tatsu

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 11, 2012
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I will never understand AFL players missing their GF. 19 years old in this generation its almost a certainty it will be a short term relationship. Going to be awkward for the girl when the break up eventuates.

You are making the assumption that Lachie instigated her move to Perth ;)

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Not everyone is a mad rooter. Clancee got married at 21. Roberton who was on our list is still with the lady he knocked up at a similar age. Besides, in the heat of a relationship, age doesn't come into it. All you know is you want to be with a person.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not everyone is a mad rooter. Clancee got married at 21. Roberton who was on our list is still with the lady he knocked up at a similar age. Besides, in the heat of a relationship, age doesn't come into it. All you know is you want to be with a person.
Clancee Pearce and Lachie Weller?! Next you'll be comparing Danny DeVito with Brad Pitt!

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots

Until the GF decides she wants to move back to Qld, or further her modelling career (or Lachie's himself) in Melbourne.

If I had my way, also known as the Mao Zedong "Happiness is for the People of Fortune and Welcoming" way, I'd not allow any players to have GF/wives - they only get a partner when they sign a long term deal (4 years or more) or are over the age of 27, whichever comes first. And then it's only to have future F/S picks. As such, they must keep procreating until at least two sons are born.

Any females interested in joining my proposed program (of being a partner to a long term player), then please PM me.*

* Please don't **

** Well you can, but I might not be able to hook you up with who you're after. In truth the club aren't too interested in my program. Maybe if Coulda were to propose it to them ...?

Last edited:

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers

Agree. Lachie has been with the same girl since he was 15, he is loyal.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Its a sensitive age now isn't it. My little bro acts like a 30 year old couple with his GF.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the weird things about BigFooty (and lets face it there is bound to be weirdness when a subsection of humanity comes together on the internet) is when a supporter group fixates on a young player from another club that for some reason, usually geographical/family/home and speculates on the chances of said player coming home.
After a while the speculation based on nothing but wish fulfilment becomes a certainty and supporters are making claims of getting the player for a 3rd round pick because in their head he's already not only asked to be traded but nominated their club. Its as if the thing is done and dusted.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
One of the weird things about BigFooty (and lets face it there is bound to be weirdness when a subsection of humanity comes together on the internet) is when a supporter group fixates on a young player from another club that for some reason, usually geographical/family/home and speculates on the chances of said player coming home.
After a while the speculation based on nothing but wish fulfilment becomes a certainty and supporters are making claims of getting the player for a 3rd round pick because in their head he's already not only asked to be traded but nominated their club. Its as if the thing is done and dusted.
Heard the same thing about Sheridan and now Duggan, both hate Perth and 'want out' (like its alcatraz). Sheridan is expected to sign an extension quite soon.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle

Like Hogan?

Back