Roast Lack of Content from Club over Pre-Season

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

While there is not enough content Dave is stepping up and filling the void!

He had me until the tongue came out :drunk:

Although I can see where Dave got his inspiration...

RGuueBM.gif

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't take it so personal if people don't appreciate every thread you come up with, not all of us like to know every possible detail like you trade draft.
Just like every thread that is started, some get a lot of attention and discussion and others people aren't interested in.
If people like every thread that gets posted then it will be a boring board.
We all love and appreciate the great work you do, you just have to accept that we will not all agree with you all the time.
Be able to appreciate that if you have a 50% strike rate, its acceptable, and don't take it too heart with with the other 50%
And I should add your avatar picture, that's 100% strike rate!
There are a few posters that have some terrific avatars.
Not sure, but I always look at the avatars for some reason and think, is it an ok or great avatar.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
"Patience Grasshopper" it is just around the corner :)
Ah grasshopper
What you can do chop stick, many and varied
But, no dusty them.....

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Phuket somewhere, or Bali.
No idea what beach, but you said Phuket...
You win!
Love love love Phuket :cool: and Thailand

Ok Asia, actually everywhere, but Thailand is very special

Why do people see football department success as an excuse for the media department slacking off?

I agree with Dave, it'd be nice to get hear some more about training rather than just the "top 10 pics"

You are Correct that Media Department has nothing to do with the Footy Department

FWIW, my original reason for reading the thread was to suggest that the club possibly doesn't do enough for its aWest Australian members, but in terms of the saturation of media something pops up on my Facebook feed every day. I'd say that's more than enough presence in an off season.

Is there such thing as a West Australian club membership?

Don't take it so personal if people don't appreciate every thread you come up with, not all of us like to know every possible detail like you trade draft.
Just like every thread that is started, some get a lot of attention and discussion and others people aren't interested in.
If people like every thread that gets posted then it will be a boring board.
We all love and appreciate the great work you do, you just have to accept that we will not all agree with you all the time.
Be able to appreciate that if you have a 50% strike rate, its acceptable, and don't take it too heart with with the other 50%

Spoke to the Mods about it and I think they where right in saying some posters on here are Blunt with there Criticism and how I see things thing thru Autism makes it look it Worse for me then it does for other people and I get upset over that

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spoke to the Mods about it and I think they where right in saying some posters on here are Blunt with there Criticism and how I see things thing thru Autism makes it look it Worse for me then it does for other people and I get upset over that

I've been on the end of what I perceived as some pretty blunt criticism from yourself Dave. From the little I have seen of your videos seems pretty passionate and blunt, from what I gather you are much the same at matches. What I love about footy is you can get all passionate and maybe even somewhat abusive without it being taken to heart. Least thats what it used to be, I cringe at some of the comments I have yelled out at umpires and opposition players over the years. I don't know what it is like having autism but I'm not convinced on your assumption it is worse for you than others. HTF did you get so many posts if you didn't have some high level capacity to ignore the trolls and various bs associated with this forum?

You may have a really good point here in terms of the club serving its members and fan base but ultimately, even if the media dept and footy dept spending is seperate I'd ratjer see cloke spending his time practising his kicking rather than seven takes of an interview as to why he misses sitters.

Is there such thing as a West Australian club membership?
Nope - I don't think the club can secure tickets to games in our home state.

It'd be nice if they at least made an effort though. I'd happily buy a three game interstate membership if it were available to me, and just try my luck (like info every year) for tickets in Perth.

Back