Prediction Finals Discussion - Finished 5th: Will play North Melbourne Sunday 3:20pm

Who do you prefer we play in the Elimination Final

• North

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Gws

Votes: 30 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sydney loose their qualifying final and we win our elim vs norf do we play them in the semi at Scg or Stadium Australia ?

If we win the elim vs norf we will most likely face Sydney in Sydney, win that and its West Coke at Subi or Hawks at the G in the prelim

We could easily make the gf
From what I have read up here if there is a clash with the nrl the swans will use that to argue for scg final or if they play a small team, scg will be better for crowds. Think we are ok on that count , and we would need both week 2 nrl finals to be in Sydney for the scheduling excuse to work

From what I have read up here if there is a clash with the nrl the swans will use that to argue for scg final or if they play a small team, scg will be better for crowds. Think we are ok on that count , and we would need both week 2 nrl finals to be in Sydney for the scheduling excuse to work
cheers

Norf in the elim looks hardest game for me over swans, hawks and eagles

they always play out of their skins against us and we are their grand final

Beat North this week, go full bore, and then we do it a week later on our true home ground and shut them up for the entire off-season.

We're cannon fodder for the top 4, but if we can get a semi final vs Freo or Sydney we'd like our chances as underdogs.
I can't see us getting farther than that this year.

cheers

Norf in the elim looks hardest game for me over swans, hawks and eagles

they always play out of their skins against us and we are their grand final
I believe the contract with anz that ends next year still has the bit where they play all finals at anz, they would need extenuating circumstances to get out of it - ie like nrl double booking etc. if we played them in a semi final would expect a 60k crowd at least, pies got 70k

That's only cause interstate teams are dominating the competition

I don't like the top eight. I would make it a top six:

First week: 1st v 6th, 2nd v 5th, 3rd v 4th (all winners qualify for preliminary final, lowest loser is eliminated)
Second week: (assuming 1st won and 6th was eliminated): 2nd v 3rd (winner to host preliminary final), 4th v 5th
Third week: 1st v 3rd, 2nd v 4th
Grand Final: 1st v 2nd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Freo we probably wouldn't have beaten Hawthorn

Oh and to put your minds at ease. Houli's kick.....if we had beaten Fremantle (assuming from that point everything remained the same) we would be behind Sydney on %age with them playing GC and us Norf. In a sick way it's better to miss out by a game, rather than %age.

Clearly things would have changed from that point. My post was more in response to people saying that we would be in the top 4 if we added the 4 points...even if you do make that simplistic assumption....we still aren't there.

Clearly things would have changed from that point. My post was more in response to people saying that we would be in the top 4 if we added the 4 points...even if you do make that simplistic assumption....we still aren't there.
No point worrying about it, it's in the past and we can only worry about what we can control
In our 4 walls we know we're a good side but on the day if you're off your game anyone can beat anyone, the competition is just so close now
Look we'll look forward to the contest this week, they're a good side, playing some good football, but we know what they can bring and we just have to make sure we're ready and play consistent football
It's that consistency of performance we're after, our leaders know that, but we trust them to make the right decisions when the game is on the line, they're a mature bunch
My wife loves me in bed

Richmond 56 121.4
Bulldogs 56 116.8
Adelaide 54 119.1
Norf 52 109.1

Bulldogs will leapfrog us playing Brisbane even if we have a close win(they should win by 80 points).
We lose and Adelaide crush Geelong,they will leapfrog us as well as the Bulldogs which will leave us with an away final at AO.:cry:

Must win game.
Friday Night game also so the other teams know how much they need to get over us.
Norf play like their lives depend on it in preseason games lol so we have to be ready for them.
They hunt us more than any other team in the comp.

A big Tiger win, we can sip beer all weekend and watch the others in peaceful tranquility.:rainbow:
Media all want the other three up there.

Richmond versus the World again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No point worrying about it, it's in the past and we can only worry about what we can control
In our 4 walls we know we're a good side but on the day if you're off your game anyone can beat anyone, the competition is just so close now
Look we'll look forward to the contest this week, they're a good side, playing some good football, but we know what they can bring and we just have to make sure we're ready and play consistent football
It's that consistency of performance we're after, our leaders know that, but we trust them to make the right decisions when the game is on the line, they're a mature bunch
My wife loves me in bed
Dimma is in the house !

Richmond 56 121.4
Bulldogs 56 116.8
Adelaide 52 119.1
Norf 52 109.1

Bulldogs will leapfrog us playing Brisbane even if we have a close win(they should win by 80 points).
We lose and Adelaide crush Geelong,they will leapfrog us as well as the Bulldogs which will leave us with an away final at AO.:cry:

Must win game.
Friday Night game also so the other teams know how much they need to get over us.
Norf play like their lives depend on it in preseason games lol so we have to be ready for them.
They hunt us more than any other team in the comp.

A big Tiger win, we can sip beer all weekend and watch the others in peaceful tranquility.:rainbow:
Media all want the other three up there.

Richmond versus the World again... :rolleyes:
Crows on 54 points. It's not without a chance that we end up playing the Crows a the G on the Saturday, if the Dogs smash the Lions, and the Crows beat the Cats.

Still, have to win on Friday first.

Crows on 54 points. It's not without a chance that we end up playing the Crows a the G on the Saturday, if the Dogs smash the Lions, and the Crows beat the Cats.

Still, have to win on Friday first.
Corrected.

Still pissed off that we played the better footy during the year than lolnorf and will finish higher than them....yet they get the luxury of resting players against us knowing that they are safe from Adelaide. -.-

Still pissed off that we played the better footy during the year than lolnorf and will finish higher than them....yet they get the luxury of resting players against us knowing that they are safe from Adelaide. -.-
If only we didnt smash GC and the Pies. Could've finished 8th if we lost and had a final against the Dogs at the G. Trust Richmond to finally smash teams and it somehow ends up working against us.

Tiges and dogs lose (unlikely)
Roos and crows win

= crows v roos at AO

No one is safe lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Back