Prediction Finals Discussion - Finished 5th: Will play North Melbourne Sunday 3:20pm

Who do you prefer we play in the Elimination Final

• North

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Gws

Votes: 30 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if we play norf two weeks running, the 2nd one will be at the G in the cauldron of the Tiger Army. We sure as hell should beat them at the G, they cant win outside of tasmania or shitihad

We won 2 finals last year at the G. In saying that would prefer to play the Bulldogs. It's going to be very interesting at the selection table this week. You have been put in a difficult position needing to win to secure a home final or risk heading interstate. We have the option of resting players for the follow up final against you a week later.

We won 2 finals last year at the G. In saying that would prefer to play the Bulldogs. It's going to be very interesting at the selection table this week. You have been put in a difficult position needing to win to secure a home final or risk heading interstate. We have the option of resting players for the follow up final against you a week later.
I hope you all get struck down with the flu in about 12days:D

scott said he's not resting Anyone.

Are you familiar with the 1982 World Cup, where, after West Germany got one goal up against Austria in the early stages of their final group game, both teams "effectively stopped playing" because they realised the scoreline would allow both teams to progress to the next round?

Key in this story is 1982 and that is Soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do we have to lose by against North to finish 8th? Hence guaranteed a home final. I'm thinking its a hell of a lot.
Finishing 7th and playing the Crows at home is looking like a death sentence.
Maybe North won't try ensuring the Crows play in Melbourne. That would be nice of them.
I'm a little jittery at the moment.

How much do we have to lose by against North to finish 8th? Hence guaranteed a home final. I'm thinking its a hell of a lot.
Maybe North won't try ensuring the Crows play in Melbourne. That would be nice of them.
It's a pretty simple equation you beat us we play again the following week. We win and crows win your off to Adelaide

It's a pretty simple equation you beat us we play again the following week. We win and crows win your off to Adelaide

don't forget dogs they have to win , if dogs lose and we lose north play crows in Adelaide. So whilst dogs should beat Lions you never know in footy upsets can occur.

About 160 points

Happy for Cotch and maybe Ivan to rest a week but I still want to win and no doubt we'll be out to win.

Might be a strange sort of game. Both sides might record very low tackle counts. Or a few players played in different positions to see what happens.

A trip to Adelaide frightens the hell out of me. The Crows are playing the best footy in the comp right now.
Having said that, what a great opportunity for redemption it would be. If it happens, it should be embraced and tackled head on.
Win that and who knows what will happen.

Back