Prediction Finals Discussion - Finished 5th: Will play North Melbourne Sunday 3:20pm

Who do you prefer we play in the Elimination Final

• North

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Gws

Votes: 30 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for Cotch and maybe Ivan to rest a week but I still want to win and no doubt we'll be out to win.

Might be a strange sort of game. Both sides might record very low tackle counts. Or a few players played in different positions to see what happens.
That's when injuries tend to occur most often. By going in half hearted.

Happy for Cotch and maybe Ivan to rest a week but I still want to win and no doubt we'll be out to win.

Might be a strange sort of game. Both sides might record very low tackle counts. Or a few players played in different positions to see what happens.
Guaranteed that won t happen , we will be hellbent to win and get a home final

How annoying that we have to play on Friday night as well! :( Would have preferred to see it all laid out in front of us.

IMO we should rest players that are sore and get them right for the following week, we need everyone fresh regardless and replace them with some wrecking balls like Arnott. Play hard and to win.

I hope we win so that we know we arent going to Adelaide and then it will be up to the dogs. If they win huge we play the crows, if they win moderately then we play lolnorf.

Oh and to put your minds at ease. Houli's kick.....if we had beaten Fremantle (assuming from that point everything remained the same) we would be behind Sydney on %age with them playing GC and us Norf. In a sick way it's better to miss out by a game, rather than %age.

Oh and to put your minds at ease. Houli's kick.....if we had beaten Fremantle (assuming from that point everything remained the same) we would be behind Sydney on %age with them playing GC and us Norf. In a sick way it's better to miss out by a game, rather than %age.
Good point Cotcho , but it's still inexcusable
It still would have pretty well locked up fifth then

If we beat Freo we probably wouldn't have beaten Hawthorn

A trip to Adelaide frightens the hell out of me. The Crows are playing the best footy in the comp right now.
Having said that, what a great opportunity for redemption it would be. If it happens, it should be embraced and tackled head on.
Win that and who knows what will happen.
Na, let's just beat Norf twice in a row. We can beat Adelaide in the granny after their back-to-back Perth trips.

We have always given the Hawks a good run. We beat Freo in every aspect except for the scoreboard. It was so frustrating , yet predictable on the day:straining:
Either way, not fussed with finals, we'll play whoever we play and the result will be what it is
Even if we go all the way (we won't) there's still room for improvement

I keep coming back to this as the weeks go by.......how on earth did we lose to Melbourne.......
It's hard to imagine , but they've owned us for two years now
Which is quite amazing due to our positions on the ladder at the seasons end. It's a bit like us over Hawthorn , we beat them they win flags and we do nothing. It's this long learning curve people keep telling me .they must all be Rhodes scholars down at PRO:)

This may sound strange, but not finishing in the top 4 may be better for Richmond this year. Once they go on a winning roll they kinda get used to it. Provided that we win next week, losing a QF the following week would disrupt our winning run, and winning a QF would too, since we get a week break (and we know how Richmond come back from a bye).

We can aim for a top 4 berth next year (and condition ourselves not to come out sluggish after a bye), but for this year, 5-6 is our best chance at winning a Premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can control where we finish. All we have to do is win and we get a home final. Simple. Good thing is North don't have as much to play for and may not go all out. You never know though. We should beat them at full strength anyway.

Rather play north at the g than the crows. Crows look very very good at the moment, best to avoid.

totally agree, crows are on the rampage like Hawthorn a few weeeks ago. Stand clear and let them spend their energy now, we'll come in and starve them of the footy later.

I almost (but totally didn't) felt sorry for WCE because it reminded me so much of the EF last year...

We can control where we finish. All we have to do is win and we get a home final. Simple. Good thing is North don't have as much to play for and may not go all out. You never know though. We should beat them at full strength anyway.

We could either rest our sore players knowing we will play you blokes the week after. Or we try and beat you and send you to Adelaide... or we lose trying to win and look dumb haha

I would be happy to go to AO. We will be the underdog. Its what we like. Yes the crows are playing well, but I think it would be the best scenario for us. I can't see us beating North 2 weeks straight. Remember 2001. We beat Essendon last round then lost by 80 points to them the following week.

I love how everyone has already pencilled in a crows win?!

Geelong will likley be sending off a number of premiership heros at Skilled stadium. They won't just roll over...

Think it's Sydney then Hawthorn
Interesting to keep an eye on the nrl finals - how they play out will determine where swans play a week 2 final if they lose in week 1.

From what it sounds like they will have to play at anz unless there are clashes with league finals. Also suspect they will be forced to play at anz if we get through as they know the scg capacity would be exceeded

Worst possible idea. Let's not forget that by playing on Friday night we set the lay of the land for the rest of the round for the 5-8 slots (ignoring any possibility of GC beating Sydney).

If we win, we cement a home elimination final at the MCG likely against North. Lock it in Friday night and control our own narrative.

If we lose, Adelaide will be breathing fire against Geelong to get that home final at Adelaide Oval and then we have to travel for another elimination final.

Those are massive stakes.

I can see North coming out with their cards very close to their chest knowing their fate is much more inconsequential in terms of win or loss. Win or lose the Kangas can expect to play an elimination final at the MCG vs the Dogs or Tigers.

Back