Prediction Finals Discussion - Finished 5th: Will play North Melbourne Sunday 3:20pm

Who do you prefer we play in the Elimination Final

• North

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Gws

Votes: 30 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How annoying that we have to play on Friday night as well! :( Would have preferred to see it all laid out in front of us. .

It is laid out in front of us really. Win and we get a home final. ;)

Anyone thinking that any team will throw a game or something because they want to play a certain team in the finals is absolutely ridiculous. Tigers and North will go at it 100% for a win in what will be a massive finals like match.

Sometimes I wonder how stupid and naive some people are.
Will be bruise free football Friday night.Players and Coaches won't risk it.

The loss to Melbourne may have cost us a shot at a flag this year. History says you don't win it outside the top 4, and playing Freo at Subi in week 1, I'd have given us a 30-40% chance to win that.
The barrier was almost broken last year, history says that the top 4 play in the prelim's at least, in 2014 port and norf both made it from the 5-8 spots, the GF barrier will get broken too soon and someone from the 5-8 spots will win the flag, the gap between 1-4 and 5-8 is closing.

The trouble is that if you finish 5-8 you have to win in week 1, then win away from home in week 2 to play an away prelim in week 3. Its bloody hard to do. The system is geared so that 5-8 are cannon fodder for the top 4.

The loss to Melbourne may have cost us a shot at a flag this year. History says you don't win it outside the top 4, and playing Freo at Subi in week 1, I'd have given us a 30-40% chance to win that.
Freo are crap and have looked vulnerable ever since we tore them a new one. I would expect us to beat them over there and would be surprised if we didn't.

My preferences have changed now. They are:

1. North Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Adelaide (MCG)
4. Adelaide (AO)

Adelaide's ruck department and forward line is solid. They also have a couple of elite midfielders, so I'd prefer if we didn't come up against them in the EF. North are probably the weakest out of these three teams. Even though they are our bogey team, I'd prefer them over the other two

My preferences have changed now. They are:

1. North Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Adelaide (MCG)
4. Adelaide (AO)

Adelaide's ruck department and forward line is solid. They also have a couple of elite midfielders, so I'd prefer if we didn't come up against them in the EF. North are probably the weakest out of these three teams. Even though they are our bogey team, I'd prefer them over the other two

Adelaide is a big concern, although i would still back us at the G. Most likely result is either North at the G or Adelaide at AO.

Strange year we have only lost 7 games and it just so happens that we are 0-3 (Hopefully 2-3 in 2 weeks time) against the three teams we could potentially play.

Adelaide is a big concern, although i would still back us at the G. Most likely result is either North at the G or Adelaide at AO.

Strange year we have only lost 7 games and it just so happens that we are 0-3 (Hopefully 2-3 in 2 weeks time) against the three teams we could potentially play.
2/3 were prior to round 6, and 2/3 were without Deledio. I tend to ignore losses before round 6 and losses without Deledio :p

I see Adelaide in AO as curtains for us. I can't see us losing that game in a respectable and honourable way, let alone winning

2/3 were prior to round 6, and 2/3 were without Deledio. I tend to ignore losses before round 6 and losses without Deledio :p

I see Adelaide in AO as curtains for us. I can't see us losing that game in a respectable and honourable way, let alone winning

So long as Deledio is right to go...

A trip to Adelaide frightens the hell out of me. The Crows are playing the best footy in the comp right now.
Having said that, what a great opportunity for redemption it would be. If it happens, it should be embraced and tackled head on.
Win that and who knows what will happen.

That being the case, we haven't come very far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the perfect scenario its a long shot but maybe the footy gods will look after us this coming weekend, really have to hope lions cause a massive upset.

Dogs lose
Richmond lose
Crows win

means Crows 5th play Norffff 8th in Adelaide

Tigers 6th play Dogs 7th at the G

Then if we can manage to beat the dogs and Hawks lose against Eagles we have final against Hawks the next week at the G.

Will be bruise free football Friday night.Players and Coaches won't risk it.

Doubt it, there is no way we want to risk traveling to Adelaide, we will be going in hard. North on the other hand look like they will probably play in Melbourne regardless of the result, so they have less incentive than us to play hard.

Why have I got a really bad feeling we are off to Adelaide lol. Can see it happening really. :(

Nth aren't playing for anything next week.

In fact, there is a chance that if they win, Adelaide win and Brisbane beat Bulldogs, Nth could be travelling to Adelaide for their first final. Next week doesn't matter to the Dogs either.

Really, the only teams, 5th to eighth, desperately wanting a win next week are us and the Crows.

* Adelaide,

we played horrendous footy here a few weeks ago and they only just got a hold of us...
We come here and play good footy and we have them covered easily

Just did the ladder predictor and we will play norf 2 weeks in a row

We'll lose one of the games (probably the final)

it remind me of 2001 when essendrugs let us win the last h and a game and then pumped us in the final the following week

The trouble is that if you finish 5-8 you have to win in week 1, then win away from home in week 2 to play an away prelim in week 3. Its bloody hard to do. The system is geared so that 5-8 are cannon fodder for the top 4.

That's only cause interstate teams are dominating the competition

If Sydney loose their qualifying final and we win our elim vs norf do we play them in the semi at Scg or Stadium Australia ?

If we win the elim vs norf we will most likely face Sydney in Sydney, win that and its West Coke at Subi or Hawks at the G in the prelim

We could easily make the gf

Back