Ladder Predictions 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

People forget our first half of the year and how we were talking up the flag?
That was what, 12 weeks ago??

We easily handled Sydney, smashed North, embarrassed Richmond (nothing special), Anzac day was 1 sided after quarter time and in the second half after being dealt bad injury blows we had an amazing win over Port, you guys know that team, they're the young team who are playing off for a spot in the big dance this weekend, and a gutsy performance against GWS with pretty much half our VFL team.

People are quick to forget Reid and Brown didn't do anything this season, Maxwell injured lots, same with Swan, Toovey and Elliot.
Not to mention the only 3 players that played at least 20 games were Pendles, Frost and Lumumba.

So when our number 1 and 2 best defenders for the year are Frost and Keefe, we were always pushing poo up hill.

On the other hand, we got games into kids like:

Adams - Started looking fantastic by seasons end
Langdon - Who was he 12 months ago? Great find.
Ben Ken - Quick and silky.
Broomhead - A shorter faster version of Steele.
Armstrong - He might be sitting on the fence of being 22, but we discovered he is quality depth.
Martin - No idea why he didn't play much, he was a freak all year in the VFL.

& Frost - best thing to come out of 2014 for us imo

As well as more games into kids like Seed, JT and was good to see Sinclair back late.

with special mentions to Ramsay and Gault.

All these guys are young, hard, skilled and fast.

Dunno bout you guys, but the injuries and 'failure' of not making finals was countered by seeing these kids develop before my eyes and makes me excited for 2015 and beyond.
Even Gault looked fantastic in his 1 game, not to mention we got a fresh Freeman and Darcy Moore to look forward to, Shaz and Caff can wait til 2016.

That being said, I think guys are justified in placing us around 3rd or 4th, sure that's probably as good as we will finish, but after what I've seen from these kids there is no reason to limit our expectations for 2015.

I personally think if we can finally have a season free of so many soft tissue injuries then we can finish top 4.
And from there, just don't do what Geelong and Freo have just done and anything is possible.

If Freo get Frawley they should finish top 4, it's one area on the ground they will really struggle in if they don't get a replacement for McPharlin.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Sydney Swans
3. Fremantle
4. Hawthorn
5. Geelong Cats
6. North Melbourne
7. West Coast Eagles
8. Adelaide Crows
9. Richmond
10. Gold Coast Suns
11. Brisbane Lions
12. Essendon
13. Collingwood
14. Carlton
15. GWS Giants
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda

St kilda haven't bottomed yet. Nor have we. St kilda for the spoon, we will be bottom 5. Carlton to finish in the same boat with us.

Brisbane on the up, could challenge for finals. Freo and Geelong to start a slide into the bottom reaches of the 8 first up. Sydney and Hawks still top 4. Adelaide and west coast marking time.

1) Sydney
2) Hawthorn
3) Port Adelaide
4) North Melbourne
5) Fremantle
6) GCS
7) Geelong
8) Essendon
9) Adelaide
10) West Coast
11) Brisbane
12) Bulldogs
13) Richmond
14) Collingwood
15) GWS
16) Melbourne
17) Carlton
18) StKilda
Collingwood top 4 hahaha, no wonder we get bagged for being so one eyed lol. I think the top 8 teams are all ahead of us comfortably in their development of players. They have more experience than us and over all have a better mix of players.

For me the goal and the pass mark of 2015 should be 12 wins and produce a more consistent display by beating the teams we should and not falling away like we did this year.

Sydney
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
North Mebourne
Richmond
WCE
Fremantle
Geelong

Gold Coast
Collingwood
Adelaide
Essendon
Brisbane
WB
GWS
Carlton - they are a decent chance to win the spoon as well-
St Kilda
Melbourne

Only people who came close. Can't believe some people were predicting top 4 for us this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back