Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

what happened in 2008 ???

I have lost that year from my memory

If I suffered from your affliction then I could probably also believe that Peter Johnston could kick goals from any angle.

We're in the top four. But we are not worthy of the top four. This is crap.

Hawthorn are in the top four and have lost to Sydney (1st), us (4th), Port (5th) and North Melbourne (6th).

Hawthorn are in the top four and have lost to Sydney (1st), us (4th), Port (5th) and North Melbourne (6th).
Freo are in the top 4 and have lost to Sydney (1st), Hawthorn (3rd), Port (5th), and North (6th).

For what it's worth when I did the ladder predictor (and I am the supreme optimist btw) I have us finishing 2nd to Sydney (76 pts) on 72 pts with Freo third on 68 pts. Amazingly Port, Hawthorn and North all finished on 60 pts with Port and Hawthorn having a % of 127.8. On the second decimal point Port were just ahead thereby finishing 4th. Hawks were 5th, Kangaroos 6th, Essendon 7th and Adelaide 8th.

Did they lose any games by a margin near 110 points?

the 110 point mauling is history and frankly irrelevant. Didn't we lose to the Pies by 14 goals + in a Premiership year? Whatever, what happens at the half way mark of a season has little relevance to September. We murdered Freo last year at Kardinia Park during the H&A season….fat lot of good that did us.

Performances against Hawthorn and Freo will tell the tale in the next few weeks. IF we finish 2nd (unlikely but we might) we are a hot chance.

I'd put YOUR house on us to win the Premiership Rabbi!

If it had to be my house, I'd go the Swans.

the 110 point mauling is history and frankly irrelevant. Didn't we lose to the Pies by 14 goals + in a Premiership year? Whatever, what happens at the half way mark of a season has little relevance to September. We murdered Freo last year at Kardinia Park during the H&A season….fat lot of good that did us.

Performances against Hawthorn and Freo will tell the tale in the next few weeks. IF we finish 2nd (unlikely but we might) we are a hot chance.

I'd put YOUR house on us to win the Premiership Rabbi!

If it had to be my house, I'd go the Swans.
No that Pies game was 08 so nothing to see here move along:cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not one top four team has beaten another top four team in an away game. Our games to Sydney, Port and Freo were all away games. Yep we have had an easy draw. But we are not worthy.

We need to win the ones we will start strong favourites in and then get one of North, Freo and Hawks and we will finish 4th.

North Melbourne are actually the smokies for 4th - they have a very friendly run in. That game against them, looms as our biggest of the season I reckon. Win it and we can start planning for September.

Port Adelaide on current form could drop 3 games in the run in, so North are actually a bigger threat.

Not one top four team has beaten another top four team in an away game. Our games to Sydney, Port and Freo were all away games. Yep we have had an easy draw. But we are not worthy.
Yet.

Still 7 weeks til the finals even start, surely we've learnt a hell of a lot can change in that time. I think we're looking to be primed at the right time, if we can stay reasonably injury free.

Right now we are worthy of top 4, because we are currently in the top 4.
Say whatever you like but the fact is we are.
As pessimistic as seeds is being, I can see where he is coming from.
The bulldogs finished top 4 in 08,09,10 and I never rated them a chance in any of those years.

As for the 2nd point - no we did not. That loss was in 2008, which I don't ended in a quite ideal fashion for us. Regarding the 110 point loss being history and irrelevant (sounds like Chris Scott), when was the last time a premiership side lost by that margin in the same season they won the flag?

Yet.

Still 7 weeks til the finals even start, surely we've learnt a hell of a lot can change in that time. I think we're looking to be primed at the right time, if we can stay reasonably injury free.

It's the ultimate test for Scott's pronouncements. We've had the "ready for September" talk the last 2 seasons which hasn't quite been correct; it'll be interesting to observe if it is true this year.

The bulldogs finished top 4 in 08,09,10 and I never rated them a chance in any of those years.
They were a massive chance in 2009, they dominated their prelim.

They were definitely a chance in 09.

I've got us finishing 5th playing Collingwood first round. Never ideal playing them regardless of how they are travelling. North have a very easy run, I've got them 4th. Port 6th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back