Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we are better than everyone else, you reckon we are a chance then?
Haha -I think Sydney are in the box seat to win the flag and we might struggle to get over them in Sydney or the MGC, or Freo in Perth. I fancy us against any other scenario. What do you think?

Haha -I think Sydney are in the box seat to win the flag and we might struggle to get over them in Sydney or the MGC, or Freo in Perth. I fancy us against any other scenario. What do you think?
I think on recent evidence Freo have no problem beating us in Melbourne or Geelong.

I actually rate us a better chance against Sydney in Melbourne than Freo in Melbourne on recent evidence. Wouldn't mind playing Sydney on the MCG if we had to play them anywhere.

If we go to Sydney to play them - we'll get murdered.

Hawthorn are an unknown in my mind at the moment. However I believe they have psychological issues and that they are one or two bad losses away from an implosion.

Will beat Sydney if played at the SCG but lose by a goal if we have to face Fremantle.
Lonergan owns Franklin, will keep him to 3. Tippett will need to boot another career high against us and that would be slightly long odds.

That's probably the only reason to be optimistic against Sydney up there.
The final won't be at the SCG.

I think on recent evidence Freo have no problem beating us in Melbourne or Geelong.

I actually rate us a better chance against Sydney in Melbourne than Freo in Melbourne on recent evidence. Wouldn't mind playing Sydney on the MCG if we had to play them anywhere.

Hawthorn are an unknown in my mind at the moment. However I believe they have psychological issues and that they are one or two bad losses away from an implosion.

They're the reigning premiers, so what are these psych. issues? If anything, they've been shown a great deal of mental resolve to keep winning with all their injuries.

Now I feel dirty for having praised Hawthorn

Totally agree re Hawks -they only beat weak or soft teams lately/ are bluffing so not worried about them. Port is done. North we can get.
I wonder if we have been working on a game that helps counter Freo-all that stupid, slow, second option, roundabout footy we do that drives me crazy. But maybe it is how we are practising trying to slow down that run teams get against us? Or maybe we are just hopeless?
Am keen for next match against them. Sydney, even in Melbourne-we'd have to improve a lot.

They're the reigning premiers, so what are these psych. issues? If anything, they've been shown a great deal of mental resolve to keep winning with all their injuries.

Now I feel dirty for having praised Hawthorn
Did you see the North v Hawks game (with the infamous Lake choke)? North got right into their heads and after the choke Hawthorn proceeded to completely throw the game away giving away free kicks at a rate of about 2 a minute for the rest of the quarter. They played like a team that lacked belief that they would win on skill/effort alone.

Totally agree re Hawks -they only beat weak or soft teams lately/ are bluffing so not worried about them. Port is done. North we can get.
I wonder if we have been working on a game that helps counter Freo-all that stupid, slow, second option, roundabout footy we do that drives me crazy. But maybe it is how we are practising trying to slow down that run teams get against us? Or maybe we are just hopeless?
Am keen for next match against them. Sydney, even in Melbourne-we'd have to improve a lot.
Sadly, anything less than an 18 goal belting is an improvement.

Did you see the North v Hawks game (with the infamous Lake choke)? North got right into their heads and after the choke Hawthorn proceeded to completely throw the game away giving away free kicks at a rate of about 2 a minute for the rest of the quarter. They played like a team that lacked belief that they would win on skill/effort alone.

I didn't take much notice of that game tbh. I know North have beaten all the top 4 sides, but they won't come September. Conversely, Hawthorn will raise their game come finals. I hope we are able to raise our game too, because our last two years in finals have been disappointing.

I didn't take much notice of that game tbh. I know North have beaten all the top 4 sides, but they won't come September. Conversely, Hawthorn will raise their game come finals. I hope we are able to raise our game too, because our last two years in finals have been disappointing.
Yeah, my point isn't North are good (although they are pretty good when they are 'on'), it's that Hawthorn can and will be rattled. I think they are actually not so different to Geelong - a core of ageing stars, some very good younger players, a few injuries, and no longer the dominant force they were.

Probably like us, capable of beating anyone on the right day but not being pencilled in as winners against the rest of the top 4 or even top 8 at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see them against Adelaide?. The crows were finding some form and even with all their injuries the hawks played a highly defensive and offensive game and though it pains me to say it it was good to watch. I could see them beating freo in perth but they'd struggle against sydney in sydney.
Seriously hardened group playing fantastic football at the moment. It's just too hard to predict what will happen this year.
Based on what I've seen though it's Sydney, Freo and the Hawks who are the best teams leading into the finals.

Yeah, my point isn't North are good (although they are pretty good when they are 'on'), it's that Hawthorn can and will be rattled. I think they are actually not so different to Geelong - a core of ageing stars, some very good younger players, a few injuries, and no longer the dominant force they were.

Probably like us, capable of beating anyone on the right day but not being pencilled in as winners against the rest of the top 4 or even top 8 at the moment.
The one difference is that they have more than one bloke capable to kick over a goal a game.

unless some miracle happens we will likely play Sydney or Freo away

both teams will comfortably beat us
Yep it is the one thing that is letting us down this season.

In fact we're not even guaranteed a win this week because the game is at Spotless Stadium.

OK, I’ve worked it out.

Sydney will finish on top with 18/19 wins. We need Geelong and Hawks to win 5/6 and Feo 4/6.
Therefore Geelong and Hawks finish on 17 wins, Freo on 16 and bang – Geelong V Hawthorn Qualifying final.

What we need to is to win all games and it’s OK if we lose the Hawks game (I’m not suggesting we want that).
Hawks must beat Freo away and one out of Geelong/ Sydney

Easy hey!

Like us in the Prelim final?
Yes indeedy.
We were a weakened team -injuries, suspensions, key position people out or playing injured, playing three finals in a row, a couple of veterans doing ordinary things ( tired?) made us ripe for the picking, don't you think?
So i thought we were weakened at the start of the game and by the last quarter that contributed to us being a bit weak.
But good job considering.

I'd put YOUR house on us to win the Premiership Rabbi!

If it had to be my house, I'd go the Swans.

Given that I don't own a house it really dosen't matter Davo.

As for the 2nd point - no we did not. That loss was in 2008, which I don't ended in a quite ideal fashion for us. Regarding the 110 point loss being history and irrelevant (sounds like Chris Scott), when was the last time a premiership side lost by that margin in the same season they won the flag?

Has it even happened Partridge?

I think that Geelong would have to experience a Steven Bradbury event for the Cats to win the Premiership in 2014.

If we win every game from now, I'd back us to win the premiership

I agree, but with the proviso that winning every game from now on includes the finals series too.

As for the 2nd point - no we did not. That loss was in 2008, which I don't ended in a quite ideal fashion for us. Regarding the 110 point loss being history and irrelevant (sounds like Chris Scott), when was the last time a premiership side lost by that margin in the same season they won the flag?
That is exactly my thought as well
In 2008, that Pies loss really concerned me, and in the end the concerns were justified, we could be beaten and we could be smashed .
This year, our form does not inspire confidence that we are in the same league as teams going for a GF, and a 110 point loss is very relevant history. And no team has ever won a flag with that margin of loss in a h & a season, we'd be creating history from what I've read.

In 2008, that Pies loss really concerned me, and in the end the concerns were justified, we could be beaten and we could be smashed .
This year, our form does not inspire confidence that we are in the same league as teams going for a GF, and a 110 point loss is very relevant history. And no team has ever won a flag with that margin of loss in a h & a season, we'd be creating history from what I've read.
Let's get to work in creating history then! ;)

Haha You must be a half empty sort of guy Vdubs-we lost one game for the year and you some 'real concerns'. Crikey. Little wonder you re worried about this season.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back