Lake on the footy show...

Remove this Banner Ad

In the wake of the suspension, I don't think it's a good look. I'd like to see him focused on footy at the moment. Come out ablaze after his suspension.

It may well be his last year in footy. Let him go for it.

That's the message he's sending, which is exactly my point...

When I say let him go for it. (excludes 4 match bans and a lack of discipline). He needs to finish the year off well. Otherwise, unfortunately footy will remember him as a great footballer and a bit of a headcase. Finish the year strongly with another good finals series and maybe a flag and history will have no other option but to remember him as a great fullback.

Footy purists will remember Brian as a great full back.

Hangers on will forget the choke and Brian.

I for one will be happy knowing that we have Brian in the wings for finals.

When I say let him go for it. (excludes 4 match bans and a lack of discipline). He needs to finish the year off well. Otherwise, unfortunately footy will remember him as a great footballer and a bit of a headcase. Finish the year strongly with another good finals series and maybe a flag and history will have no other option but to remember him as a great fullback.
I agree with you 100 percent. He needs to come out after suspension and tear the game to shreds, otherwise this year will be seen as a non-event. I want to see him as hungry as he was last year. So far I'm not at all convinced.

I agree with you 100 percent. He needs to come out after suspension and tear the game to shreds, otherwise this year will be seen as a non-event. I want to see him as hungry as he was last year. So far I'm not at all convinced.
I get the impression he feels like he's let the club and his teammates down by not being able to get his body right and then getting himself suspended. People can say what they will about Brian Lake but he seems like a very proud man and I don't see him wanting to risk ending his career on the note this season has taken for him so far. Expecting really great things from him on return.

We need Brian out on the field. He's not there due to a five minute brain fade. How many games has he played for us this year? I know a few hours is nothing, but it's the symbolism which counts for me. It's like Hale this year...they both seem content with the one premiership. Our backline is going to be under siege on Friday, meanwhile Brian is doing media instead of being out on the field. Pisses me off.
He has played just the 5 games.

I hope someone has told the rest of our team, not to mention the Club and supporters, that the AFL has brought our game forward by a day! :eek:

Something caught my attention in this clip. I wasn't aware that Petrie's reprimand had been thrown out...

What got my attention was that the decision re Petrie was made and Brian knew about it before his hearing, meaning that his approach to the hearing altered. It also suggests that the tribunal had made their decision before Brian had a chance to state his case. This is not justice. To me it's another instance of the mediocrity of the AFL on display. The Petrie-Lake incident was treated as separate events when it shouldn't have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back