Lance Armstrong formally charged with doping

Remove this Banner Ad

RussellEbertHandball

Yeah, I get how it's supposed to work. I refer you to the vid I posted last page, particularly the second lecturer.

Forgive me if I take his opinion over the UCI's claims that "it is impossible for a rider to maintain a steady profile if he is manipulating his blood for performance enhancement and/or manipulating his blood to escape detection through a doping control".

Yeah the doctor's working for individuals or the teams will always be able to dodge things after the implementation of a new system, as it takes time to work properly. The gap closes and then it stretches wide open again. So I understand and respect your opinion, and agree with you more than not.

But USADA did say that based on the blood parameters recorded in Armstrong's BP there was less than a million in one chance that Armstrong was clean in 2009 and 2010, ie it was indicative and not a catch all system. The BP was accepted in 2008 and not implemented until the 2009 season. So the question is was a recommendation made to the UCI panel about Armstrong and was it rejected?? Or were the people who analysed the BP not sure before they pased it onto the UCI panel and the panel couldn't do anything with an inconclusive report?

Patrick Jonker's when interviewed on 5AA in October said the telling factor for him was that Armstrong's haematocrit levels increased in his 2009 and 2010 TDF readings, taken in the middle of the tour and Jonker's said every cyclist knows that they decrease as you go thru series of endurance races. So maybe Dr Ferrari and co. got it slightly wrong in their micro dosing program.

Overnight Lance got an extra 2 weeks to assist USADA with their investigations. The 6th was the deadline after his Oprah appearance.

http://www.usada.org/media/statement262013

Statement From USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart Regarding Today’s Deadline

View PDF

February 6, 2013

“We have been in communication with Mr. Armstrong and his representatives and we understand that he does want to be part of the solution and assist in the effort to clean up the sport of cycling. We have agreed to his request for an additional two weeks to work on details to hopefully allow for this to happen.”

USADA is responsible for the testing and results management process for athletes in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement, and is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs.

HDfwwk4.gif

I did some work for an American woman in late 2009 and early 2010. She is old money NY and her grandmother was the great dame of NY Society so she has done a lot of philanthropic stuff over the years and did work with Livestrong. She knew Armstrong's first wife very well thru her work with Livestrong. She was a doctor, neuroscience, and had 4 other degrees. She freely admitted Armstrong would try and screw anyone he was interested in but if I brought up his PED history she defended him to the hilt. She almost started screaming at me one time at all the allegations being lies and untruths etc.

Just another example of power of his personality cult.

Overnight Lance got an extra 2 weeks to assist USADA with their investigations. The 6th was the deadline after his Oprah appearance.

Statement From USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart Regarding Today’s Deadline

View PDF

February 6, 2013

“We have been in communication with Mr. Armstrong and his representatives and we understand that he does want to be part of the solution and assist in the effort to clean up the sport of cycling. We have agreed to his request for an additional two weeks to work on details to hopefully allow for this to happen.”

USADA is responsible for the testing and results management process for athletes in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement, and is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs.

And what he doesn't help them? What has he got that they can take off him, that they already haven't?

If I was Armstrong, I was almost refuse to tell USADA anything at all, just out of spite.If someone tried to destroy my reputation, I wouldn't be doing them any favours. What can they do to force him to tell them anything, after the way they went after him?

And what he doesn't help them? What has he got that they can take off him, that they already haven't?

If I was Armstrong, I was almost refuse to tell USADA anything at all, just out of spite.If someone tried to destroy my reputation, I wouldn't be doing them any favours. What can they do to force him to tell them anything, after the way they went after him?

a reputation is what it is. it is deserved.

destroying someone with armstrongs reputation, can only mean improving their profile. ie. two negatives equal a positive.

He could compete in future events if he helped clean up the sport. Anything that's organised and competitive and sporty he won't be able to do - sign up for a local race or run or swim, he won't be able to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday night Florida time the Daily Mail's chief sports reporter Matt Lawton, set up a meeting at a bar with Armstrong and his accuser of forging a positive doping test Emma O'Reilly. He finally apologised to her in person but he accuses for the first time publicly former UCI boss Hein Verbruggen of helping him eliminate the positive test for corticosteroid during the 1999 Tour. He's going to go after those who pissed him off it seems. Rather than quoting slabs you can read the whole story and watch a 2 minute video embedded that will probably be on tonight's news or on Fox Sports News and probably ABC News Grandstand. rather than quote large slabs you can read at the following link, but I will quote the finish and looks like Emma O'Reilly accepted Armstrong's confession about the way he treated her.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: She was the whistleblower who hauled him down, Lance Armstrong was the drug cheat - so, what happened when they were brought together again by MailOnline

By MATT LAWTON
Chief Sports Reporter in Celebration, Florida
PUBLISHED: 22:30 GMT, 17 November 2013 | UPDATED: 11:17 GMT, 18 November 2013
Done talking on the record, Armstrong and Emma disappear for a meal in a town. 'The atmosphere over dinner was fine,' O'Reilly tells me the next morning.

'It was a bit stilted because I guess we were two people who hadn't talked for a long time, who had more than a bit of history. But we had a chat about people we knew, about our families. I feel he was straight when it came to this meeting. He let me say when and where, he booked his flights before he knew you were coming and he came alone.

'I was thinking, he never actually used the word sorry. But I wasn't looking for an insincere apology. There are different ways of saying sorry and I felt what he did say was genuine.

'Now people might think I'm under Lance's spell but I'm not. I wasn't when I said what I did about him in 2004 and I'm not now. He was a jerk. He was a bully.

'But there are wider issues here and I wanted to address those, too. That said, I wanted closure with him and today I feel I have it. This part, for me, is over.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...meets-accuser-Emma-OReilly.html#ixzz2l3aIDehR

But the one bloke Armstrong won't "rat" on is Dr Ferrari. In this Cycling News article that came out after the meeting he talks about Ferrari and how it was Ferrari who came up with the microdosing of EPO and stuff blackcat has written about by combing testosterone and iron with EPO.

Lance Armstrong claims Verbruggen aided in doping cover up

By:Cycling News Published: November 18, 00:52, Updated: November 18, 02:32

Dr Ferrari and thoughts on returning to competition
During the interview with the Daily Mail Armstrong added that controversial Dr Michele Ferrari warned him about the UCI developing a test for EPO in 2000. Ferrari has been one of the few people Armstrong has sought to protect since he admitted to doping in January of this year.

"We all assumed it was going to be business as usual but Michele said "No EPO". We continued to use some after that but not in the same way and not as much" said Armstrong.

Despite a life time ban from USADA following their Reasoned Decision Armstrong remains committed to returning to competition and believes that becoming world champion at Ironman would not be beyond him. "My performances in the races leading up to the ban told me that. And I think there is some merit in saying this is what you can do clean” said Armstrong. "I am a competitor. If there was a race tomorrow and they said you can go do it, I'd be there."
Lance Armstrong claims Verbruggen aided in doping cover up

Oh this guy still thinks he is relevant?

Hes relevant if he provides good information in regards to certain people and practices. If not, then go away.

Hes relevant if he provides good information in regards to certain people and practices. If not, then go away.

"Certain people" being those who he thinks wronged him and therefore people he wants to get revenge against. You will never get the complete truth out of him, only the edited highlights.

True, but I still think its worth pursuing. Maybe not so much the athletes with him but the people behind him at all levels, and the methods etc.

True, but I still think its worth pursuing. Maybe not so much the athletes with him but the people behind him at all levels, and the methods etc.

If it was Landis dropping all the info everyone would be yelling LIAR. Armstrong is even less credible than LAndis nowdays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back