Lanyards - yea or nay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, okay, ice cubes, but how about blowjobs?

Don't get me wrong, I like Eugene a lot.

But not that much.

No, I'm hoping the ice cubes plan can get through on merit alone.

You see, this is where I get confused. Aren't the car keys meant to dangle from the lanyard?

Fair point, when you are carrying them.

Was thinking about when the key is actually in the ignition, and ala mick above, the bloody lanyard dangles about your feet and legs, creating a plethora of safety issues.

Someone will sue someone one day.

The '07 design was the best.

Not the strongest lanyard but clearly the "Northiest" design....... even with the 'Kangaroos' plastered all over it.

I only got one sticker this year, i'm not happy about that.

I have suffered a catastrophic lanyard failure!

I keep my Scottish Parliament pass on my North lanyard - which works well as it is convieniently in the colours of Scotland - and it was in my bag over the weekend and now the metal clip bit has broken.

I am currently attempting an emergency lanyard transplant - IE placing a clip from a rival lanyard onto the North one - but a this stage, its not looking good.

I can't go an entire season lanyardless.

I keep my Scottish Parliament pass on my North lanyard - which works well as it is convieniently in the colours of Scotland - and it was in my bag over the weekend and now the metal clip bit has broken.

I am currently attempting an emergency lanyard transplant - IE placing a clip from a rival lanayrd onto the North one - but a this stage, its not looking good.

I can't go an entire season lanyardyess.

Send it to Germany, there's a great lanyard doctor over there.

I am currently attempting an emergency lanyard transplant - IE placing a clip from a rival lanayrd onto the North one - but a this stage, its not looking good.

I can't go an entire season lanyardyess.

I just counted the number of lanyards I have hanging on a hook on the fridge - 12! And there would be at least that number in one of my drawers.

SLF if you need an emergency lanyard I'm your man.

blackshadow - I'm going to have to take you up on that lanyard offer mate. Had to staple the new clip to the lanyard and that has drastically affected the way the lanyard 'sits', meaning more often than not, the writing and logos are the wrong way round.

Its a shite state of affairs.

I shall be contacting the club to express my unhappiness at the poor quality of lanyard this season.

**** off.

Lanyard is the one thing I look forward to getting in the membership pack.

Goes straight on the keys, and I can tell you, I know a s**t lanyard which breaks from a good one.

This seasons (2009) is a s**t landyard, I've had to mod the thing to get it to stay on.

Lanyard is an absolute necessity.

RB called the faulty lanyard early. Kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good lanyard is a single metal loop.

The s**t lanyard has the pox little latch that you retract so you can slip on the keyring.

Yep. Its a sad state of affairs when I have to cannabilise the loop off a Strathclyde Police anti-stabbing conference ID lanyard to fit onto my North one.

Will almost certainly not be renewing my membership next year due to this lanyard fiasco.

The good lanyard is a single metal loop.

The s**t lanyard has the pox little latch that you retract so you can slip on the keyring.

As someone qualified to speak on lanyards I think the ultimate lanyard has a strap about 1cm wide and has a metal snaphook with a durable plastic wallet.

As someone qualified to speak on lanyards I think the ultimate lanyard has a strap about 1cm wide and has a metal snaphook with a durable plastic wallet.
I know you are talking about the ultimate lanyard, but I think the club should just forget about the plastic wallet next year for the membership cards, its too stressful worrying about the cheapness of the plastic and when the hole is going to give way and tear, just punch a hole in the cards themselves as they are about 100 times less likely to accidentally tear.

And a snaphook is mandatory.

Either that or as you point out, make the plastic pocket more durable and with a reinforcement around the hole.

Im sick of worrying about when my hole is going to tear.

I know you are talking about the ultimate lanyard, but I think the club should just forget about the plastic wallet next year for the membership cards, its too stressful worrying about the cheapness of the plastic and when the hole is going to give way and tear, just punch a hole in the cards themselves as they are about 100 times less likely to accidentally tear.

And a snaphook is mandatory.

Either that or as you point out, make the plastic pocket more durable and with a reinforcement around the hole.

Im sick of worrying about when my hole is going to tear.

The solution to avoid tearing would be to have a metal ring lining your hole.

The solution to avoid tearing would be to have a metal ring lining your hole.
Hmmm....not sure how I would go with airport metal detectors but worth a shot....

A big shout out to North poster Horace who I met for a drink here in sunny Edinburgh last night and who came bearing four lanyards, including one still in its orginal packaging.

And in a show of the committment and ingenuity that is the hallmark of this great club, Horace brought a selection of lanyards from over the years, including those with differing styles of clip and other fastening mechanisms.

TOP WORK HORACE!

I will add the unused lanyards to my newly formed Hall Of Lanyards, which I intend to build over the years and donate to the club upon my passing.

The centerpiece of said collection will be the 2010 lapis lazuli inlaid WE GOT BUCKS! SUCK s**t EDDIE! lanyard, which can also be used to enhance your partners pleasure during the act of sexual congress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back