Lanyards - yea or nay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the NMFC breakfast today.

Very impressed with the Sustainability Victoria lanyard holding one's pass.

I know that highly placed figures within the club took note too.

Missed seeing you there - not a bad lanyard though :thumbsu:

Just checked my lanyard from the breakfast last year - it was the Interactive Grand Final Breakfast last year.

NMFC Survey Results said:
Membership Fulfillment Items

Members were asked to rate the importance of the membership pack items received in 2010.

When asked to rate the overall importance of these items... 50% of members rated the inclusion of the members lanyard as their least important inclusions.

In response to all results, the following changes have been made in 2011:

• Lanyards will not be sent out to members with packs. They will be available for collection on match days and at the club. This decision now allows the vast majority of packs to be sent as a small letter (the reduction in thickness does make a difference) and hence will save the club mail costs. This also gives the members the choice as to whether they want to collect a lanyard.
The definitive word. Yea and nay! :thumbsu:

Don't want another lanyard, scarf or cap. I'm also right for cushions, carry bags and pens that leak.

I'm right for lanyards, scarves, carry bags and leaky pens as well. happy to have a new cap every year and the cushions come in handy when Mrs. Horace directs that some weeding is required in the garden. :thumbsdown:

I'm right for lanyards, scarves, carry bags and leaky pens as well. happy to have a new cap every year and the cushions come in handy when Mrs. Horace directs that some weeding is required in the garden. :thumbsdown:

Same here Horace. A cap with the year woven into it will do me fine. I'd much prefer the club save money on the rest, or direct those items towards the kiddies.

Same here Horace. A cap with the year woven into it will do me fine. I'd much prefer the club save money on the rest, or direct those items towards the kiddies.

Yeah, TT, NOW you want the kids to get sent lots of stuff, so Baby Toes can benefit.

Good to see more personal choices in the pack as in the memberships. Even better that my votes seem to be in line with the majority view, it doesn't happen that often.

The lanyard packaging (45c) cost 3 times as much as the actual lanyard(13c). That 13c is probably being a bit generous..
So having them hang in the merch tent for collection will save some more moolah.

Annoying as s**t to wear with a 3 day growth as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the way Melbourne Victory have done it this year - not the plastic lanyard - but rather a small hole in the membership card so that it hooked with no plastic needed.

Threw my opened ones out on the weekend.

I am happy for a cap and it doesn't have to be a new one every year.

I'm happy to delve into my collection of North caps, but a new cap occasionally wouldn't hurt. It'd be a better look than Ricky Ponting's Aussie cap, but that's another story.

The worse thing that can happen to us is for not wearing the latest cap is we could be stoned to death outside Etihad (with jam donuts, pies or bottles of water) for not wearing a 2011 member's cap.

The members can get very angry on occasions.;)

If you don't collect it at the ground then you have essentially opted out.
And they do not make 30,000 caps/lanyards/scarves in anticipation that everyone will collect theirs.
They'll forecast for a much smaller amount and do another run if needed.

If you don't collect it at the ground then you have essentially opted out.
And they do not make 30,000 caps/lanyards/scarves in anticipation that everyone will collect theirs.
They'll forecast for a much smaller amount and do another run if needed.

Round One I'm going up to the tent like 30,000k times and getting all the lanyards for myself.

Then I begin my life's work:

LANYARD MAN

My extensive collection of NMFC lanyards has just shot up in (what was already considerable) value.

Yours are unique though SLF. They have patrolled the corridors of the Scottish Parliament proudly announcing to all the greatness of the NMFC.

So indeed they are already of considerable value. :thumbsu:

Round One I'm going up to the tent like 30,000k times and getting all the lanyards for myself.

Then I begin my life's work:

LANYARD MAN

haha I'm sure we all look forward to Lanyard Man presenting his 30,000 memberships to be clipped at the merch tent!

Allow yourself at least 8 hrs pre match! :D

haha I'm sure we all look forward to Lanyard Man presenting his 30,000 memberships to be clipped at the merch tent!

Allow yourself at least 8 hrs pre match! :D

SLF, or LM as he's now referred to, loves a challenge dirtybird. I reckon he's up for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back