Las Vegas Bears: The resurrection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pantskyle Confirmed As First Official Bears Signing.

last-vegas.jpg

pantskyle and Broken arrive in Vegas to look at facilities.
The Las Vegas Bears expansion bid have confirmed that Roys player pantskyle is the first official signing for the relaunched franchise joining ex-Captain hilly with going public. Ruors behind the scenes for several weeks have hinted at the move so an internal decision was made to make the news public.

pantskyle gave the following statement:

First of all I would like to state that this move was not in place whilst I was at the Wonders. In truth (which can be backed by Broken) this move was actually agreed upon in the brief window between announcing I was up for trade from the Wonders and before I re-joined the Roys. Broken came to me with this idea of resurrecting the Bears, we had a discussion about it and decided that yes it could work. It wasn't a new bid but a plan to bring something special back to the league. My involvement at the Bears has been full on and I have been involved in all discussions with Broken including scouting of new players and working with bringing established players to the club. I had decided to stay behind the scenes to allow myself to firstly get settled again at the Roys and to allow the bid to be established. For those that approached me myself during trade period I was as up front as I could be that any move could be short term. I would like to take the same stance as Broken has and declare this as a long term operation and I plan on continuing at the Roys if this bid doesn't happen, that is of course if they want me. When I agreed to join the bid I considered myself clubless. I know this might make FitzroyBulldog sad again but it is what it is.

The Las Vegas Bears have a very real goal to reach and we are very determined to make sure we are running around with the other teams as a professional QOOTY side once more. We want to be a team for the players. I implore those that wish to seek a fresh challenge, a fun challenge with a team that wants to embody the Vegas spirit to let myself and Broken know. This journey is going to be something special. I'm very happy and proud to be involved and standing with Broken on this. We will continue to approach those we deem to be a good fit for the Bears and look forward to strengthening the team.

Broken mentioned on radio SFA this morning "I'm happy to have pants on board with this bid, I enjoyed playing alongside him at the Roys and his enthusiasm and presence around the SFA board are going to be valuable for a new team starting out.".

Time will tell if more interested parties will come forward but with Broken and pantskyle publicly leading the charge the sky is really the limit for the Bears and when asked if the Vegas bid will win pantskyle replied with "Everybody wins in Vegas baby".

So Broken isn't signed up yet? Interesting... Also, choosing to use the words "we" yet still being a Roys' player. Interesting...

Loyalty is something that obviously some people don't know how to display, and announcing this now just goes to show your Sweet FA career is all about you and not about the team.

Last edited:
So Broken isn't signed up yet? Interesting... Also, choosing to use the words "we" yet still being a Roys' player. Interesting...

Loyalty is something that obviously some people don't know how to display, and announcing this now just goes to show your Sweet FA career is all about you and note about the team.
I know right. The nerve of some people planning expansion bids during the season.

Loyalty is something that obviously some people don't know how to display, and announcing this now just goes to show your Sweet FA career is all about you and note about the team.

We are hoping Broken commits soon.

I'm not sure how I'm being disloyal. I agreed to join the Bears before I re-joined the Roys.

Jeez, almost put you in the ruck this week pants.;)

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know right. The nerve of some people planning expansion bids during the season.
Way to miss the premise of the post. Is that the most condescending thing you've ever posted? I'm so proud :D

I'm not sure how I'm being disloyal. I agreed to join the Bears before I re-joined the Roys.

Did the Roys know that when they signed you they were losing you to this expansion bid?

And what's with the timing? The bid itself has been criticised in some circles for being so early in the season and you're hardly the big name ( in fact, self proclaimed "crap recently") player for this to be perceived as good publicity for the club. In fact, you're still balls deep in the trade week controversy to then publically walk out on your club again.

Have the Roys given you the green light to return should the bid be unsuccessful (fool them twice?).

Why did you slip this into the bid thread instead of starting your own thread? It's a tad hidden for the showman inside of you.

Have you thought about your children?

Paying fans need to know this stuff.

Did the Roys know that when they signed you they were losing you to this expansion bid?

And what's with the timing? The bid itself has been criticised in some circles for being so early in the season and you're hardly the big name ( in fact, self proclaimed "crap recently") player for this to be perceived as good publicity for the club. In fact, you're still balls deep in the trade week controversy to then publically walk out on your club again.

Have the Roys given you the green light to return should the bid be unsuccessful (fool them twice?).

Why did you slip this into the bid thread instead of starting your own thread? It's a tad hidden for the showman inside of you.

Have you thought about your children?

Paying fans need to know this stuff.

Broken is still a VC of the Roys and at the time was a Captain when I joined him. We needed and wanted to get in early and we felt we had a lot more ground to cover and wanted to do that publicly, yes to get in first is a fantastic option and yes I am a big name, easily a league top 20 name. I don't actually believe I have been crap although a few s**t QOOTY games have happened.

I find it surprising people would actually have issue with this.

This had to be announced now?

Why wouldn't it? It could have been announced when Broken brought up the bid, that's how deep into it I am. I am actively recruiting for this club and actively building the bid with Broken.

Broken is still a VC of the Roys and at the time was a Captain when I joined him. We needed and wanted to get in early and we felt we had a lot more ground to cover and wanted to do that publicly, yes to get in first is a fantastic option and yes I am a big name, easily a league top 20 name. I don't actually believe I have been crap although a few s**t QOOTY games have happened.

This didn't really answer any of my questions.

Broken has a vested interest in securing you whether he is a VC or not. Did Mobbenfuhrer or Reardo know you were staying until the end of the season? Have they give you your blessing to cameo in their run to the finals as the top team in the league? Have they said they'll take you back if the Bears bid falls over?

And how many players do you think the bombshell that you have signed on, as well as hilly who has shown his face once to say he'd join, will be lured with half a season to go (the ones that haven't already agreed and are graciously waiting until their teams campaign is over to announce it, that is)?

One member of the leadership group knew of this. I can't speak for Mobbs, but I still think we would have accepted pants back for the remainder of the season had we knew.

I also can't see why we wouldn't accept pants back should the bid fall over, but once again, Mobbs may be on a completely different wavelength to me (this is often the case).

I can feel an Uncle_Leo thread coming on about this statement...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back