Las Vegas Bears: The resurrection.

Remove this Banner Ad

LAS VEGAS BEARS UPDATE

Since the Las Vegas Bears bid was announced Serg at Bears HQ was innundated with calls (and bear puns), so we feel we should provide a rundown of the most common questions.

Is this a troll?
No. This is a legitimate bid at expansion for Season 18.

Seriously. Is this a troll?
No. If anyone has been reluctant to approach me about this bid for fear of this being a joke, fear no more - or fear more, whatever you prefer, but feel free to talk to me about it.

Are you going to strip current teams rosters?
Ideally the Bears initial squad will have at least 50% of their squad made up of players that aren't on current SFA rosters. However to help this team through the early stages we know we need some experienced SFA heads to help get us off to a solid start. This may mean some teams may lose a poster or two, and while we are still hoping to get a few current players on board we want to limit the recruiting from other clubs where we can.

How is the bid progressing so far?
At this point we have just under half a legal SFA squad who have committed to the Bears. And we have others who have shown interest but are yet to commit.

I couldn't see the old logo
Google "Bigfooty Bears" and look for the image of Roger Merrett dreaming of chesticles. (Try not to look too long at the Warrick Capper images)
While we're at it. The old logo clashes with the current BigFooty rules, so a new logo and jumper is currently being worked on.

The ring came off my pudding can!
Take my pen knife my good man.

Did you make up some of these questions?
That's it! No more questions.

But I will reiterate if you want a new start, love the idea of playing in Las Vegas or you have any other reason as to why you'd like to join me at Las Vegas for next season please contact me privately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding those, so the Mobbs has spoken.

PS: The Sweet FA facebook group has a link to the old Bears logo.

PPS: Broken the Bears had another SFBF logo, need it?
Yeah I'll take a squizz.

A reminder that posting links to images that contain nudity, including via a text http link, wins you infractions. It's very very clear here in this thread alone that I have removed the images, denoted that linking it is inappropriate, and even offered an off-site means to see the image.

Shelbyville is Las Vegas?

I've heard rumours the Las Vegas Colts side will be nicknamed the cubs or the Boo-Boo's and will play out of Jellystone Park.

I've heard rumours the Las Vegas Colts side will be nicknamed the cubs or the Boo-Boo's and will play out of Jellystone Park.
True. And at the breaks they'll be eating oranges out of a pic-a-nic basket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back