Last Ever Ford Falcon

Remove this Banner Ad

did u ever see a vt commodote taxi ?

au might have been ugly but they were the probably the most bulletproof aussie car ever made
To be fair I don't think ive ever seen a Holden taxi :p

Yep

Awesome looking beasts.

What about this thing, a shame it never happened.

SF-Phase4-2.jpg

lowreswithsample.jpg

Interesting backstory to why these weren't made in huge numbers with politicians whipping up anti-muscle car hysteria in Parliament over the horsepower regular punters would have after Bathurst, where these cars would be unveiled for the first time, after which they'd go on sale to the general public.

I lived in a large-ish regional town in NSW and in my street I swear this older guy owned one of these famed Phase IV GTHOs; it would live under its car cover in his under-house garage and the whole time I lived there (nearly 10 years) I saw him take it out maybe three times.

Interesting backstory to why these weren't made in huge numbers with politicians whipping up anti-muscle car hysteria in Parliament over the horsepower regular punters would have after Bathurst, where these cars would be unveiled for the first time, after which they'd go on sale to the general public.

I lived in a large-ish regional town in NSW and in my street I swear this older guy owned one of these famed Phase IV GTHOs; it would live under its car cover in his under-house garage and the whole time I lived there (nearly 10 years) I saw him take it out maybe three times.
What a joke the government was (and still is obviously)

Robbed us of an icon !

I have a 2013 XR6 MkII - first falcon Ive owned and I hate it. Sluggish, heavy, clunky, unresponsive, bluetooth connectivity is awful, guzzles like you wouldn't believe, aircon is s**t, clunky transmission is massively over rated. Guess that's what you get with a straight 6.

My old VZ commodore had more guts. I miss it.

I have a 2013 XR6 MkII - first falcon Ive owned and I hate it. Sluggish, heavy, clunky, unresponsive, bluetooth connectivity is awful, guzzles like you wouldn't believe, aircon is s**t, clunky transmission is massively over rated. Guess that's what you get with a straight 6.

I have absolutely zero issues with mine...Exact opposite of everything you said.

Clueless

Lol I reckon you're lying/Holden fanboying

The vz commodore is a piece of s**t.. The alloytec v6 is the worst engine in Australia's history and those GM boxes all either fail completely or start slipping off their head at 50,000 kms

The FG xr6 is really just a futura with a body kit though, isn't it? If you want a different engine to the base falcon I always thought you needed to get a v8 or a turbo (or a vct if we're talking au)

Lol I reckon you're lying/Holden fanboying

The vz commodore is a piece of s**t.. The alloytec v6 is the worst engine in Australia's history and those GM boxes all either fail completely or start slipping off their head at 50,000 kms

I couldn't give a s**t about branding - just someone sitting in the car and driving.

Had plenty of problems with the VZ, and that's why I got rid of it. But it had plenty more pick-up that's for sure.

The straight 6's are gutless wonders. Got smashed by a Magna at the lights a few days ago!

Patiently waiting for the Mustang to arrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't give a s**t about branding - just someone sitting in the car and driving.

Had plenty of problems with the VZ, and that's why I got rid of it. But it had plenty more pick-up that's for sure.

The straight 6's are gutless wonders. Got smashed by a Magna at the lights a few days ago!

So much s**t spoken

Man you have no idea what a straight 6 TT can do.

Man you have no idea what a straight 6 TT can do.

Wish I did, cos Im not experiencing it.

Just calling a spade a spade from my own experiences - not taking sides with bogan ford v holden s**t

Got more zip out of a 4 cylinder camry I drove around recently

The F6 Typhoon is bloody scary!

Agree with the VE, the first Holden to be designed and built in Australia.

I did uni placement work at Ford many years ago when this was being released and I drove one, *en s**t myself! Never driven a car when you get thrown back like that on accelleration, no s**t it was like taking off in a jumbo jet.

I did uni placement work at Ford many years ago when this was being released and I drove one, ****en s**t myself! Never driven a car when you get thrown back like that on accelleration, no s**t it was like taking off in a jumbo jet.
Exactly. When i was a mechanic at a Ford dealer the boss had one to drive. Not only the accellaration was out of this world, i found the car's breaking power was just as good. My head would nearly hit the windscreen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back